NEurope
Mokong

Transformers Movie thread

i think they're gonna try to appeal equally to fans of all series and comics, and newbies too, remember we have petere cullen coming back :D (extra exciting for me as he also did KARR in knight rider lol!)

Dunno if this has been posted yet but I just read it on comingsoon.net.

Orci and Kurtzman also announced that there will be a contest on the official website soon in which you send in a line that Optimus Prime should say in the movie. The studio will pick one line that will make it in the film.

The obvious one is " Autobots transform and roll out " but I would like to hear

" One shall stand, one shall fall! "

Dunno if this has been posted yet but I just read it on comingsoon.net.

The obvious one is " Autobots transform and roll out " but I would like to hear

" One shall stand, one shall fall! "

Oh yeah that line HAS to be in the film, but if that's in there then the next two lines MUST follow it

Prime: One Shall stand one shall fall

Megatron: Why throw your life away so wrecklessly

Prime: That's a question you should ask yourself Megatron

(followed by the two going fist to fist, all with "the touch" in the background...)

in fact they should just try to recreate that whole scene, it doesn't need to be the same location, and Prime don't have to die, it could be like the final big fight of film, the Autobots find the Decipticons, Prime shouts out "transformer and roll out", "The Touch" starts to play, then Prime just that great jump and summersault at the perfect moment of the song... you get what i mean

I demand Mokong be the director of this film!

I second that!

And in tribute to this topic I've found my brothers video of the original movie and I shall watch it tonight.

haha, cheers guys, kinda makes me wish i had taken a film course (and maybe 10 years older... i don't see them given Transformers to a 22year old), if i would direct and write this film and make sure as much stuff is kept as it should be. And if i couldn't make Megatron a gun (cuz of teh shirnking thing) he would be a Canon (ala Galvatron) but under no circumstances would he be a Jet or a Tank, and Prime would be right... also Ultra Magnus would be in the film... but would be killed off in even greater fashion than in the animated film (and wouldn't be brought back) :yay:

I actually think if they did the "animted films first big fight" at the end of the live action film, maybe it would be a good idea to kill Prime, that way you can introduce "The Matrix of Leadership" and you get to come up with a kickass story for bringing him back in the 2nd film (towards the end), which helps set up the 3rd film.

And speaking of Primes resurection, i FOUND IT, yes the episode "The Return of Optimus Prime" i couldn't find it on youtube, but i did find it (by other unspeakable means) i downloaded it, cut it into 10mins sections and uploaded to youtube.

Here it is, everyone back to pretending its late 80's early 90's again (which ever period these eps came out in)

Part1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A29ciPuyUU

Part2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtl_kXzgjOk

Part3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QE-7M9oFrk

Part4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-1cU9GGpjc

Votes for who thinks that Prime will die right at the end of the movie?

Votes for who thinks that Prime will die right at the end of the movie?

doubt it, as newbies won't have made such a connection with him for it to be an important scene. these kinda big summer blockbusters take the whole movie for you to connect if you're not familiar with the characters already.

Now all I need to see are the last 3 episodes of Transformers and I can die in peace. (Should it come to that)

Reminds me of the transformer toy I managed to lose in my back garden for 9 years.

I'm going to see this movie. HE'S JUST A HEAD FLOATING AROUND IN SPACE NOW!

I'm going to see this movie. HE'S JUST A HEAD FLOATING AROUND IN SPACE NOW!

I posted this on the last page already, meh its always worth another watch as its hilarious.

Ah crap sorry I didn't check the thread my bad. lol I love this movie. :grin:

they HAVE to change into earth-based vehicles like they did in the cartoon (when their computer that fixed them thought earth vehicles were a species!) otherwise they're not exactly "robots in disguise". that's what i hated about the later cartoons and toys they resembled crap all when they transformed!

they HAVE to change into earth-based vehicles like they did in the cartoon (when their computer that fixed them thought earth vehicles were a species!) otherwise they're not exactly "robots in disguise". that's what i hated about the later cartoons and toys they resembled crap all when they transformed!

Very good point. Prepare for a theme tune change, probably sung by America's version of McFly.

OMG, that Megatron is complete BULLS**T like Knightendo pointed out they HAVE to be EARTH based or they're not "robots in disguse" that's the whole bloody point.

And i thought they'd at least try to make the "head" look like Megatron as we know and love him. That "thing" doesn't even have a face

Love Megatron's 'tache in battle mode. >_> It's like one of those joke clip on ones from a Christmas Cracker.

I'm huge Transformers fan. I'm 23, you should see my generation one toys. I've got the complete Transformers cartoon series on DVD with Limited edition tin. And The movie twice on DVD, ones the reconstructed version. I did have all the comics until one faithful day when coming back from school my dad had thrown them away. I cried for weeks :(

I've hated all forms of Transformers after Generation One. After the Headmasters episodes it pretty much ended. Every series since has sucked arse. Mind you I've just got the Japanese only Transformers Takara seasons on DVD, the japenese carried on with Generation One after it was canned here and in the USA. Excellent epsidoes.

Anyway I'm looking forward to this movie alot and I hope they do the Transformers legacy justice. I'm glad Peter Cullen is back to voice Prime and I hear Welker might be back to do Megatron such a shame that Chris Latta wont be doing Starscreams voice, he died quite a while back.

I hope Megatron does not look like those renders, its pretty poor and Starscream is the jet not Megatron. I'm glad he isnt a gun either. They really should of had Megatron as a Tank. Like his green Generation Two form.

Shame Bumble Bee isnt a VW Beetle either. Mind you dispite all this I'm really looking forward to this. I want to see it more than anything else next year. Turtles comes second with Spidey 3 in distant 3rd.

have to say after 1 and 2 i'm really looking forward to spidey 3.

anyhoo, bumblebee isn't? then what is he?!

and that megatron render... not only all those points we've brought up, but he has NO personality!! that's shit!

AND it looks like the transformations (if his body is anything to go by) are gonna be long drawn out and over complex, with lots of little fiddly and pointless bits! it should take a second or two, it should be simple, and we should SEE what he turns into from robot mode! starting to think michael bay is gonna do his usual... turn out shit!

Where the Fuck did they get the Concept Artist from. Do they know nothing of Transformers, have they ever seen an episode or even a picture of a Transformer. I mean My GOD WTF!!!:nono:

Megatron makes Ten10 want to cry. Anyway on a semi related note. Generation 1 Transformers are on sale again (at least) at Toysrus. But I doubt they are as sturdy as when they were first made. Today its all about cutting back on costs etc.

they all look overly complicated which means none of those robots have ANY personality, just like the more modern cartoons instead of the eighties ones :(