NEurope
Mokong

Transformers Movie thread

I'm gonna pass by my local ToyRus on Saturday to see if they have any in stock

bumblebee.jpg

Woah, pretty giant thing. I actually thought they'd be full CGI. Glad to be proven otherwise :yay:

Although the new transformers models look a lot different to the originals they are really very very cool.

Oh **** right off.. Bumblebee.. not a VW beetle.. That just made my heart die..

So glad Hot Rod isn't in it, I would cry and throw pop corn at the screen before storming out, if he didn't look and sound exactly like he did in the series.

as much as I am still pissed off to no end that their using "new" models of the transformers, at least they could have used the original model for Optimus (well i guess it's good that they did get his orginal voice actor on board at least).

I have to admit, that trailer made me drool like a river, i can't wait, i just hope to god they do a bit of extra fanservice and give us a great battle scene with "The Touch" playing as background music.

i just hope to god they do a bit of extra fanservice and give us a great battle scene with "The Touch" playing as background music.

Thats all im asking, hell I dont care if the movie turns out bad aslong as The Touch hits at some point I will be a very happy man.

I think it would be pretty good, maybe they could sneak it in through somone listening to the radio or something. I'm really hoping for this film to be good, and I really hope it doesn't just turnout to be war of the worlds meets robot wars.

as much as I am still pissed off to no end that their using "new" models of the transformers, at least they could have used the original model for Optimus (well i guess it's good that they did get his orginal voice actor on board at least).

I have to admit, that trailer made me drool like a river, i can't wait, i just hope to god they do a bit of extra fanservice and give us a great battle scene with "The Touch" playing as background music.

Fully agree. No more to add :P

I don't understand everyone's complaints about the modern designs. Well, I don't like cartoons that were only good when I was 7 years old so that might be why. But, when I heard everyone complaining I went out my way to find pics of them and I couldn't see what the fuss was all about. If they'd actually looked like the originals they would've looked stupid put into a high budget movie in real life situations, like the X-Men would've looked stupid in blue and yellow spandex.

I think it would be pretty good, maybe they could sneak it in through somone listening to the radio or something. I'm really hoping for this film to be good, and I really hope it doesn't just turnout to be war of the worlds meets robot wars.

That would only be a half assed way to get it in there, to really make the fans happy (and kinda as an appology for not using the "proper" vehicle model for Optimus) it HAS to be full blown background music.

Imagine this:

The start of the final "big" battle at the end of the film (or actually maybe even the first fight of the film, kinda like how it was used in the animated film), a big desert area, Autobots on one side, Deceptacons on the other (or coming out of some hidden cave/base).

"The Touch" begins to play as the camera zooms in on Optimus standing in robot form, zooms at ground level towards his feet, then moves up to his face the sun reflecting of his metallic face, Music cuts off just before the lyrics kick in (like teasing us),

Otimus: It ends here Megatron

Megatron: Why throw your life away so wrecklessly Prime (again that's a reference to the animated film)

Optimus: You should ask yourself the same question. Do you yeild?

Megatron: NEVER, Deceptocons Destory them,

Optimus: Autobots Transform and roll out

"The Touch" kicks back in where it left off showing some transformations and both sides rushing each other, then big fight.

I don't understand everyone's complaints about the modern designs. Well, I don't like cartoons that were only good when I was 7 years old so that might be why. But, when I heard everyone complaining I went out my way to find pics of them and I couldn't see what the fuss was all about. If they'd actually looked like the originals they would've looked stupid put into a high budget movie in real life situations, like the X-Men would've looked stupid in blue and yellow spandex.

I don't think it's really the "robot" forms that's pissing people off, its more the change in vehicle models, the biggest of which being Optimus Prime sure he's a truck but it's the WRONG type of truck :mad:

I agree with Shorty, I'm really looking forward to this film. Optimus Prime looks like Optimus Prime anyway.

Infomation so far:

Autobots

Optimus Prime (Peterbilt truck): Orci described Optimus as a noble king, similar to King Arthur.His robot mode contains an arm cannon, and a retractable faceplate, similar to Optimus Primal from the Beast Wars series and the Transformers: Cybertron incarnation of Prime.

His alternate mode is a custom long-nosed Semi truck with red flame artwork over blue paint, similiar to his G2 and Armada forms, and two versions were built.Lorenzo DiBonaventura said that Optimus is scaled to be 9.7m (32 feet) in robot form, and a semi in vehicle form.

However, Michael Bay has said Optimus is 8.5m (28 feet) tall. A blue version of Optimus' head with motion capture points was used.

Bumblebee (1974 Chevrolet Camaro, later reformatted as the 2008-2009 version of the same vehicle): Bumblebee is the underdog character and a scout for the Autobots, looking for the Allspark, as well as the Transformer most connected to humans.

He ends up being purchased by Spike Witwicky, who is looking to buy his first car.

His robot mode has been constructed as a physical prop in addition to a CG model. Bumblebee is 5.1m (17 feet) tall.

Bumblebee's arsenal includes an arm cannon and shoulder missiles. Bumblebee's voice box was damaged in battle. In his original G1 incarnation, Bumblebee was a Volkswagen Beetle, but to producer Don Murphy's dissapointment, he was changed to a Camaro, with Bay wanting to avoid a comparison with Herbie the Love Bug.

Ironhide (GMC Topkick pickup truck): Ironhide is one of Optimus' oldest friends, and has some cowboy characteristics, being the first in battle.While Ironhide was a van in G1, he was a truck in the Robots in Disguise series from Japan. Ironhide is 7.9m (26 feet) tall, and wields weapons on his arms. Ironhide's battle mode has a face plate.Script wise, Ironhide was Arcee's replacement.

Jazz (Pontiac Solstice): Jazz is a "rock-and-roll" type character who lives by his credo of "If you can’t do something with style, it’s not worth doing at all."He will be 4.6m (15 feet) tall. He has pronounced antennae on his head and eye visor, similiar to his G1 incarnation.

Ratchet (Search & Rescue Hummer H2): Ratchet's role in the movie is the familiar one of Autobot medic, and is 7.3m (24 feet) tall.

His robot mode lacks the head fins seen in the traditional animated version of the character. Ratchet is not powerful but is intelligent and wields a cannon and an axe.

Decepticons

Megatron (Cybertronian alternate mode confirmed in leaked photos to be an "Alien Jet") Megatron will be presented with some backstory regarding the cause of his war, most noticeably in that he co-ruled Cybertron with Optimus Prime before desiring full power over the Allspark.

He dwarfs the Autobots at 10.3m (34 feet) tall,and has an arm cannon from Generation 1. Images of Megatron's original Cybertronian form were leaked on the 24 August 2006,and Don Murphy's had them changed, with the original battle mode becoming standard and a new "crowned" battle mode.

Tom DeSanto has said Megatron will assume an Earth form, though it remains unclear what it is. A model of Megatron's legs were built for the film.While his alt form has been changed for the purposes of the movie, Megatron is best-known for his original G1 incarnation, in which he turned into a Walther P38. This was changed, however, as the writers felt "it’s like Darth Vader turning into his own lightsaber and having someone else swing him around." Megatron's alternate mode had been a jet in Transformers: Energon. Megatron's discovery by Sector 7 makes him the ancestor of modern technology.

Starscream (F-22 Raptor): Starscream is described as always looking to best Megatron; Megatron's traditional disdain for Starscream, and vice-versa, will remain intact. Starscream leads the Decepticons in Megatron's absence, and stands at roughly 9.7m (32 feet) tall.

Blackout (MH-53 Pave Low): At one point he was called Vortex as well as Incinerator. His name is used by a helicopter Decepticon in the recent Transformers: Energon toyline, though the name also had G1 roots.

Blackout is the largest Decepticon, can disable enemies with EMP-like blasts, and can wield his helicopter blades as a shield. Blackout's feet were built as props.

Brawl (Modified M1 Abrams): Although original reports suggested that this character would be named "Devastator", it was specifically cited that this was an example of a character whose name was not finalized. Confirmed as "Brawl", his triple-barreled turret and a "pissed off" personality evokes the Combaticon of the same name.

Scorponok (Mechanical Scorpion): Scorponok will be the closest to his Beast Wars incarnation character wise, as well as an example of animal Transformers such as the Dinobots. Scorponok is deployed from Blackout.

Bonecrusher (Buffalo H Mine-Protected Vehicle): Subservient to Megatron, he is described as being the closest to a Constructicon as could be in the movie. Bonecrusher has his head in his chest and long arms, and wields blades on his shoulders. He skates with wheels acting as feet.

Barricade (Saleen-modified Ford Mustang Police car) - Barricade is the Decepticon scout/hunter, hiding among the humans disguised as a symbol of authority.He clashes with Bumblebee at one point. His hands, which are attached to wheels, can also become spikes.

Frenzy (CD player): Originally scripted to be Soundwave, he was supposed to be a boombox that transformed into a human-sized robot. Don Murphy had said he would have the character a major part of the sequel instead of sidelining him.

The character was renamed Frenzy in homage to the G1 character who was a minion of Soundwave. His role in the film is that of a spy among humans for the Decepticons, using his alternate mode as a disguise.

Frenzy pops out of Barricade's chest, similiar to how the G1 version does with Soundwave. Frenzy has four arms, is thin and shoots blades disguised as CDs from his chest.

Cast

Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime (Voice): Leader of the Autobots.

Shia LaBeouf as Sam "Spike" Witwicky

Megan Fox as Mikaela

Rachael Taylor as Maggie

Jon Voight as Secretary of State Keller

Josh Duhamel as Lennox: Captain of a Special Ops team in Qatar.

Tyrese Gibson as Epps: A combat controller.

John Turturro as Simmons: Head of Sector 7, a secret government group.

Kevin Dunn as "Sparkplug" Witwicky: Sam's father.

Julie White as Mrs. Witwicky

Bernie Mac as Bobby Bolivia

Travis Van Winkle as Trent

Anthony Anderson as Glenn Ross Dygert

Prime: Old Vs New

Primes-1-.jpg

That would only be a half assed way to get it in there, to really make the fans happy (and kinda as an appology for not using the "proper" vehicle model for Optimus) it HAS to be full blown background music.

Fine fine, but we can all agree it will totally suck if they kill off Optimus Prime again.

I demand they randomly throw in the death of Ultra Magnus in the movie just for a laugh.

On a serious note I agree with that the design of Prime has been well done but as for the others im a bit dubious. Still, aslong as the story is solid enough with plenty action and homages to the original movie are in there it should be good.

I demand that Hot Rod is mangled, bludgeoned, tortured half to death and beaten with leather whips before finally being killed by everyone who loved Optimus Prime.

Also: The Touch = Greatest Movie Song of All Time.

I think it would be pretty good, maybe they could sneak it in through somone listening to the radio or something.
I think that might be the best way; having it on a car radio/walkman etc...

The song just sounds so out of date now! and wouldn't make the best backing track to a battle!

Music video (and some terrible intro!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKlcOjIUuRo

Also, now that Bumblebee is a Chevrolet Camaro, will Hot Rod ever make it into the movies? because surely the designs would be very similar?

Infomation so far:

Autobots

Bumblebee (1974 Chevrolet Camaro, later reformatted as the 2008-2009 version of the same vehicle): Bumblebee is the underdog character and a scout for the Autobots, looking for the Allspark, as well as the Transformer most connected to humans.

He ends up being purchased by Spike Witwicky, who is looking to buy his first car.

His robot mode has been constructed as a physical prop in addition to a CG model. Bumblebee is 5.1m (17 feet) tall.

Bumblebee's arsenal includes an arm cannon and shoulder missiles. Bumblebee's voice box was damaged in battle. In his original G1 incarnation, Bumblebee was a Volkswagen Beetle, but to producer Don Murphy's dissapointment, he was changed to a Camaro, with Bay wanting to avoid a comparison with Herbie the Love Bug.

I always thought a producer had more say than the director?

And that's the reason? Because of Herbie?, did anyone make that comparision when watching the cartoon? NO.

Does Herbie tansform into a robot? NO.

Honestly that is pretty weak, IMO

Now that Bumblebee is a Chevrolet Camaro, will Hot Rod ever make it into the movies? because surely the designs would be very similar?

Also can someone explain how is plausable to have Scorponok (a giant mechanical scorpion) in the film! How's that going to be much of a disguise on Earth? Unless Scorponok just hides out in the desert for the whole film!