NEurope
Mokong

Transformers Movie thread

I'm watching this video and i'm just feeling uncomfortable with how little Bay seems to even know about the franchise

I read an interview on comingsoon.net last week where Bay said he never watched Transformers as a kid so he really didnt have a clue about it when he started the film.

There are some reviews of the film on IMDB.COM, its looking very positive indeed.

Two episodes of the original transformers cartoon will be on tonight. One of which is dark awakening which I think is when Prime comes back but he's evil.

Sky channel 619 7pm-8pm

Two episodes of the original transformers cartoon will be on tonight. One of which is dark awakening which I think is when Prime comes back but he's evil.

Sky channel 619 7pm-8pm

Yeah its awesome that story arc, its even better when he comes back AGAIN in some episodes after that. The Touch hits as he unleashes The Matrix to save the world from some virus....AWESOME!

The Touch hits as he unleashes The Matrix to save the world from some virus....AWESOME!

Actually it's from Spores :smile:

Wow looks like there is going to be a box office battle between Die Hard and Transformers then.

Transformers will win hands down.

Transformers will win hands down.

Agreed

Did you guys know that Prime died AGAIN in the Japanese Headmasters series!?? I just watched it on youtube where him and HotRod tan Galavatron and then unleash The Matrix to make HotRod back into Rodimus, crazy!

Also Magnus haters will love this, its hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE4br7yT1xY

Also Starscream becomes leader of the Autobots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr7UoU--kT8

FIRST REVIEWS

Variety

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117933974.html?categoryid=31&cs=1

If it's true that there's an 8-year-old boy inside every man, Transformers is just the ticket to bring the kid out."

Urbancinefile.com

http://www.urbancinefile.com.au/home/view.asp?a=13228&s=Reviews

"It's long and loud and everything about it is big: from the massive stunts, the pounding orchestral score and the transformers themselves, which tower above everything and everyone in this mega-budget sci-fi adventure."

Both are shown as postive on Rotten Tomatoes. Basically its a good film for what it is, a good action packed summer flick.

Thanks Haggis.

@HoT - Dude do you knwo how that scene really went on the original version?

@HoT - Dude do you knwo how that scene really went on the original version?

Which scene? Do tell, im intrigued.....

IGN REVIEW

"Purists will balk, but everyone else will enjoy the ride for what it is - arguably the best action film of recent years."

Which scene? Do tell, im intrigued.....

Magnus' death in the original movie. When the sweeps shoot him, do you notice how they make a solid beam of light rather than a short blast?

In the original edit of the film those are lazer whips. The wrap them around Magnus' limbs and tear him apart!

In the original edit of the film those are lazer whips. The wrap them around Magnus' limbs and tear him apart!

Really? I never knew that. Why did they take that out? Too violent?

Ummmm just a little bit. Hasnt been a extra in any of the DVDs but i havent checked the new ultimate edition.

4 out of 5 in EMPIRE!

Can't wait for this movie, though I'm still going to see the simpsons first.

I jsut *CoughObtainedcough* the movie, watched it, all I can say is:

So god damn AWSOME, Prime in his original voice is godly and just everything...I wanna watch it again >> when it comes out everyone should go watch it.

*Goes to find Movie Toy prices*

Is it just me or have thy totally ruined this? Especially the decepticons? What rubbish, things were better when I was a kid!

Tell me those secret squirrels amongst us, do any of the other transformers talk and how do they sound?

Tell me those secret squirrels amongst us, do any of the other transformers talk and how do they sound?

They all talk, Optimus has his Original G1 voice Actor, THE optiums, starscream sounds a little like his old school voice but jsut noticibly diffrent, but all of them have their own voice some better then others, Bumblebees is awsome at the start.

One thing I didn't like about the decptacons was Megatrons vehicle mode, pretty meh, nice design but not Megatron, loved the line he said to Starscream though(Won't say what it is)

Little funny, theres also a 360 mini Bot, even does the little start up sound when you turn it on, and talknig about sounds best bit, Orignal Transforming sound is here for nostalgia

I can't wait to see this film now. ;_;

Curse Bay for delaying it in the UK!

I can't wait to see this film now. ;_;

Curse Bay for delaying it in the UK!

What he said!

Arnold, have you seen the original animated film? Just wondering if there are any refrences/lines from the animated movie in the new one? A simple yes or no would be nice ( dont tell me what they are ), that is if you know.

Cheers.

I have indeed seen the Original Move and yes there is a line from it, not sure if theres more or not, can't remember them all (as well as the old line always used in the cartoon)

I have indeed seen the Original Move and yes there is a line from it, not sure if theres more or not, can't remember them all (as well as the old line always used in the cartoon)

Cheers

*gets as giddy as a school girl*