NEurope
Mokong

Transformers Movie thread

Plus the lack to Jazz time on screen which made his death meaningless to the viewer.

And none of the characters seemed to care, either. They may as well said. "He's dead...meh"

Hes back on it.....

Please say you're joking

source link?

And none of the characters seemed to care, either. They may as well said. "He's dead...meh"

Yeah even this would have been better

Ironhide: Oh my god they killed Jazz

Prime: You bastards

At least that way they could then bring him back with no need for explanations :heh:

"Last night at dinner I was having dinner with three blu-ray owners, they were pissed about no Transformers Blu-ray and I drank the kool aid hook line and sinker. So at 1:30 in the morning I posted - nothing good ever comes out of early am posts mind you - I over reacted. I heard where Paramount is coming from and the future of HD and players that will be close to the $200 mark which is the magic number. I like what I heard.

As a director, I'm all about people seeing films in the best quality possible, and I saw and heard firsthand people upset about a corporate decision.

So today I saw 300 on HD, it rocks!

So I think I might be back on to do Transformers 2!"

Link

Well I thought the film was awesome anyway, and dont mind/cant tell shakey camera-ness, so it will have the same style = good.

Heh.

Well I thought the film was awesome anyway, and dont mind/cant tell shakey camera-ness, so it will have the same style = good.

Heh.

I like that style too it makes it look like a real battle and I can make out everything, so much that I didn't even noticed before people started whining.

Thank GOD! Michael Bay sucks! Did he want to shake the camera any f*cking more in Transformers!? I couldn't see what the hell was going on! He is a crap director and his films are awfully directed...

A lot of the time, camera shake is necessary due to budget contraints, in terms of CGI. Modelling and Composition in the background of a shaky cam is a lot easier than modelling in the background of a still one, far back. Not saying that's the only reason he did it like that but it's certainly one of the main reasons.

...shit.....:blank:

How the hell could anhone think this is shit?

I boogles the mind it really boogles it.

"Last night at dinner I was having dinner with three blu-ray owners, they were pissed about no Transformers Blu-ray and I drank the kool aid hook line and sinker. So at 1:30 in the morning I posted - nothing good ever comes out of early am posts mind you - I over reacted. I heard where Paramount is coming from and the future of HD and players that will be close to the $200 mark which is the magic number. I like what I heard.

As a director, I'm all about people seeing films in the best quality possible, and I saw and heard firsthand people upset about a corporate decision.

So today I saw 300 on HD, it rocks!

So I think I might be back on to do Transformers 2!"

Link

Damn it!!! Oh well at least 300 in HD looks good!

A lot of the time, camera shake is necessary due to budget contraints, in terms of CGI. Modelling and Composition in the background of a shaky cam is a lot easier than modelling in the background of a still one, far back. Not saying that's the only reason he did it like that but it's certainly one of the main reasons.

Fair enough but this is supposed to be a summer blockbuster. It was like have my eyes massaged by a cheese grater...

Dude, actually joking apart, find the time to see it whilst its still at the cinema. Its an awesome film to watch on cinema.

Damn it!!! Oh well at least 300 in HD looks good!

Yes! I loved the first movie, I thought it was beyond awesome. I cannot wait for the sequal!

And lol echo.

Well despite being a massive G1 transformers fan owing to ever increasing work and girlfriend commitments I've only just got round to seeing this....

And was largely disappointed....I hate the way the autobots seemed to prefer sneaking around than coming out in the open, at the end of the day they were there to safe the world! I hated the garden hiding scene, I never want to hear Optimus Prime say "oops my bad" ever again!

I hated the way the autobots were clearly no match for the decepticons and if it wasn't for the humans they would have kicked their ass. One of the things about Transformers I always liked was how they were seemingly evenly matched and that explained somewhat why their war had lasted centuries.

I like Mokong hated Jazz's death, not only was he given no where near enough screen time and then was ripped apart with ease by Megatron.

Bay is a great director of action, but I don't think this was his best action work by a long shot I think he struggled somewhat owing to the sheer size and scale of the transformers and attempted to make the same action he would with humans just with bigger "people" and it didn't really work. I think the plot was pretty good, standard far and not too confusing so as to put off first time viewers, but it was purely executed, far too many human characters for us to try and care about, no where near enough transformers time, except bumblebee and the annoying little Decepticon (turned into a CD player and a phone, perhaps soundwave? oddly reimagined though, oh no just checked it was Frenzy from wikipedia

Blackout was being considered as Soundwave,[46] but Hasbro wanted to have a music player for the character.[26] Don Murphy felt this role belittled Soundwave,[6] and the writers concurred the character in the script barely resembled the original.[39] They renamed him Soundbyte,[47] and finally Frenzy, one of Soundwave's minions meh).

I also didn't get why the Allspark instantly created Decepticons? I've only ever properly followed the original show and Beast Wars and Beast Machines (but BW and BM very much on and off) but I've always thought in the past when new transformers were created by such entities they were always almost given a choice or a kinda crossroads...One last thing I didn't get is what was with the human inside Blackout? or was it Starscream? didn't really make sense.

Oh yeah another thing I hated was how Bumblebee was made out to be quite pathetic, I guess that was probably to make us relate to him and feel empathy for a machine and it did kinda work, liked at the end with machine and humans working together kinda made me think of the headmasters and targetmasters in Rebirth.

Glad it sets it up for sequel, presumably some Decepticons will answer the call as well, perhaps even Unicron? can only hope they draw from some interesting chapters of the transformers universe and put it in the hands of a director who can do it justice. I think Bay is a good director but just not for this that has such hardcore fans and child nostalgic lure coupled with an intricate universe.

Interesting rumours on the sequels from wikipedia;

Sequels

On May 30, 2007, DreamWorks greenlit two sequels to Transformers.[113] Shia LaBeouf,[114] Megan Fox[115] and Peter Cullen[44] are signed on to return. Producer Tom DeSanto has envisioned a storyline introducing the Dinobots, Constructicons, and Soundwave.[19] Writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman may not return, as "the next Star Trek is taking up most of their time."[30] Michael Bay has not signed on, "trying to keep some leverage for the negotiations,"[44] but already has ideas, including an aircraft carrier character.[116] The producers expect that with a bigger budget and the special effects worked out, the Transformers will have a larger role.[117]

I also didn't get why the Allspark instantly created Decepticons?

Speaking of that...why didn't we see the Autobots kill the "new" Decepticons the allspark made? That dropping the all spark scene just seemed utterly pointless.

I hate the way the autobots seemed to prefer sneaking around than coming out in the open, at the end of the day they were there to safe the world!

I hated the way the autobots were clearly no match for the decepticons

Bay is a great director of action, but I don't think this was his best action work by a long shot I think he struggled somewhat owing to the sheer size and scale of the transformers and attempted to make the same action he would with humans just with bigger "people" and it didn't really work.

One last thing I didn't get is what was with the human inside Blackout? or was it Starscream? didn't really make sense.

Oh yeah another thing I hated was how Bumblebee was made out to be quite pathetic, I guess that was probably to make us relate to him and feel empathy for a machine and it did kinda work,

Well we saw what happened to Bumblebee when he was discovered, so it was the safest option for the Autobots! Also considering the Autobots had very little time on their hands, they could hardly afford to show themselves to the world.

From the tv episodes I've seen I got the impression the decepticons were that bit stronger.

I think the 'shaky camera' and zoomed in action worked as a great way of portraying the sheer size of the transformers, their strength and their superior technology, it felt like we the viewers were struggling to keep up with this awesome battle between a race so far in advance of our own. It split the difference in the film between what was human and what was the transformers own personal war.

The human inside Blackout was a hologram (hence why it flicked etc), they use them in the cartoon series.

Yeah bumblebee was used as a character for us to relate to.

First official Transformers 2 image:

Hogan%27s_Car.jpg

Surely not?...

[or did I just fall for a joke post?]

Either way I want to see this movie, might give a few people a call tomorrow see if I can entice them out of their caves.

Well we saw what happened to Bumblebee when he was discovered, so it was the safest option for the Autobots! Also considering the Autobots had very little time on their hands, they could hardly afford to show themselves to the world.

From the tv episodes I've seen I got the impression the decepticons were that bit stronger.

I think the 'shaky camera' and zoomed in action worked as a great way of portraying the sheer size of the transformers, their strength and their superior technology, it felt like we the viewers were struggling to keep up with this awesome battle between a race so far in advance of our own. It split the difference in the film between what was human and what was the transformers own personal war.

The human inside Blackout was a hologram (hence why it flicked etc), they use them in the cartoon series.

Yeah bumblebee was used as a character for us to relate to.

I knew it was a hologram just don't remember it being in the series. Get your point of view on the battles, whether I agree with it or not will need a repeat viewing to try and see the angles used see whether it makes it feel like its 1st person human views or not...

As for the autobots being weaker, the decepticons in the series perhaps always had an edge as they were military based but the autobots could always more than match them, they wouldn't have got ripped in half like Jazz did so easily and optimus prime was always a match for megatron (except in the film when he died!) whereas in the film he was getting battered before Sam shoved the allspark into megatron.

I hope for the second film that we get more emphasis on the transformers, and less human main characters. I think the dissolving of sector 7 lends itself to their being more scope for the transformers taking a bigger role and the humans having less of say in their own survival and more reliant on the autobots. This is one of the reasons why I think it would make for a good story to bring Unicron into the second film and also helpfully he could resurrect Megatron.

As for the autobots being weaker, the decepticons in the series perhaps always had an edge as they were military based but the autobots could always more than match them, they wouldn't have got ripped in half like Jazz did so easily and optimus prime was always a match for megatron (except in the film when he died!) whereas in the film he was getting battered before Sam shoved the allspark into megatron.

Well actually I think in teh animated film they fought pretty much evenly, it was only when Hotrod tried to get involved did Megatron get a small advantage... plus remember, that fight did technically kill Megatron too.

But yeah the portrayal of Megatron vs Prime in the new film was ridiculous, there is no way Prime should have been that outclassed, I mean he was even giving up before the fight began telling Sam what to do with the All Spark, like he knew he was outclassed, that is totally out of character for Prime. He'd never give up that easy

I hope for the second film that we get more emphasis on the transformers, and less human main characters. I think the dissolving of sector 7 lends itself to their being more scope for the transformers taking a bigger role and the humans having less of say in their own survival and more reliant on the autobots. This is one of the reasons why I think it would make for a good story to bring Unicron into the second film and also helpfully he could resurrect Megatron.

No i don't think they'd bring in Unicron for the 2nd, i'd like to see that in the 3rd, that way it would kinda work like a good trilogy, i mean that would be a perfect ending for a trilogy..... though I would like to see Megatron come back also, and from Transformers lore, the only way we know that could happen is if he comes back as Galvatron, and like i said i think it would be best to save that and Unicron for the 3rd film

First...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/823/823338p1.html

Transformers 2 Rolling Out

Bay, LaBeouf expected to return.

by Stax

US, September 27, 2007 - After weeks of "will he or won't he return?" buzz, Michael Bay will reportedly reprise his directing duties for Paramount and DreamWorks' Transformers 2, which is targeting a tentative June 26, 2009 release.

According to Variety, "Bay has not yet inked a deal to helm the follow-up but is in the final stages of negotiation. With Bay's involvement, [the first film's star, Shia] LaBeouf is expected to return as well."

Also, even if DreamWorks topper Steven Spielberg, who exec produced Transformers, leaves the studio as industry pundits suggest he might, the trade claims he'll remain involved with the sequel.

The studios are said to want Transformers 2 in production before the expected industry strikes happen mid-next year even if, as Variety suggests, "they have to finish after it." The June 26, 2009 release date isn't set in stone because of that.

Latest Director Talk...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/824/824982p1.html

Transformers 2 Scribes Set

Trio of writers hired for fast-tracked action sequel.

by IGN Staff

US, October 4, 2007 - Paramount and DreamWorks are serious about putting Transformers 2 on the fast track! Hot on the heels of news that Michael Bay and Shia LaBeouf are expected to return for the giant robots sequel, comes word that the studios have hired a trio of high-profile scribes to get the script completed quickly.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, genre writing duo Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, who wrote the first film, will be linked up with The Ring scribe Ehren Kruger to pen the screenplay for Transformers 2.

Kurtzman and Orci are currently busy penning J.J. Abrams' Star Trek movie, and Kruger may have been brought on to lighten their load in order ensure that the script is finished as fast as possible -- the studios want the film in production before the anticipated industry strike.

And here's a little bonus for diehard Transformers fans... THR says that Kruger met with Bay and Hasbro president Brian Goldner and impressed them with his knowledge of the Transformers mythology.

Transformers 2 is tentatively set for a June 26, 2009 release.

I don't like all that talk about "Fast tracking", gives the impression they just want to churn out a sequel asap so they can cash in on the franchise, which could lead to a bad movie.

And I still think they should bring in a new director, Bay did a decent job setting up the franchise but i don't think he can carry it forward for that the story and characters (transformers especially) properly

I just hope that Prime doesn't look like such a monkey this time.

this is a shite film. its too 'american' , if you know what i mean.