NEurope
Mokong

Transformers Movie thread

Yeah, but then again wouldn't be that hard to think of that after seeing the trailer.

I'm actually starting to wonder if maybe it's a hollywood remake of the excellent korean film "The Host" (Korean name "Gwoemul"), i'm sure hollywood would be looking to "westernise" that film, and i just thought this might be it when i saw the DVD looking up at me.

And if i'm right i'll actually not be looking forward to this mystery film much....i'm strongly against Hollywood forcing remakes onto the market instead of getting their own ideas and encouraging some diversity to peoples film viewing.

no....No....NO....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

:nono:

Please, if there is a god, don't get Hollywood to remake The Host, they'll just f*** it up like how they f***ed up movies like Godzilla :nono:

I thought it was great. Bit of Hollywood/Michael Bay cheese.. but on the whole the story was pretty wicked, and the SFX were great too!

no....No....NO....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

:nono:

Please, if there is a god, don't get Hollywood to remake The Host, they'll just f*** it up like how they f***ed up movies like Godzilla :nono:

The original will still be the same :P

And The Departed was a nice remake.

Just got back from seeing it and thought it was awesome!

The cgi was some of the best I've ever seen and was integrated almost seamlessly into the real world elements.

Easily the best film of the year and one of the best I've seen in a long long time, would pay to go see it again right now!

Just got back from seeing it and thought it was awesome!

The cgi was some of the best I've ever seen and was integrated almost seamlessly into the real world elements.

Easily the best film of the year and one of the best I've seen in a long long time, would pay to go see it again right now!

I agree 1 billion percent.

OMG, that was one of the greatest films ever!

I was expecting it to be great and it surpassed all expectations!!

Thank God it didn't dissapoint (not even in the slightest) like Spiderman 3; which after seeing what Transformers achieved, has fallen lower in my ratings.

I totally agree with Eddage about the seemless mix of CGI, it was incredible! the best use of CGI I've ever seen!

This film has gone straight into my Top 5 films ever (whatever they are)!

Dear god this film was so amazing. I've never seen better CGI EVER.

What's that guys name who was also in Even Stevens? Cos i thought he was great in this movie.

So no one found the Autobots personalities to be a bit stupid? I just wasn't expecting to have any humor, and didn't connect emotionally with any of them (maybe BumbleBee).

The last action part with all the battles and stuff was awesome, and I think because it's more recent in people's mind, most think the entire film is awesome.

The best CGI part which really stuck out to me was:

The part where the autobot (the one whose specialty is weapons) its rolling around (as I noticed he is most of the movie) and as he rolls, he fires his guns to propell him upwards. And then he lands just by that lady who screams in slow motion.. that bit was awesome, and I just thought the CGI was great.

Damn that girl is hot! =]

well it was shite, but it was good shite.

dialogue = appauling

story = very poor

caracters = morons, to the last

action = passible

jokes = bad

CGI = amazine

girls = hot damn!

"ALL HAIL MEGATRON!" = hillarious!

before i got in i wanted to love the film, but didn't. after 30 mins, i wanted to hate it, but didn't. theres litteraly a hundred reasons i shouldent like the film, it was stupid, the dialouge was horrible, the autobots were a bunct of cretins, the deceptacos had all the menice of mr punch and the humans were literal morons, it was like the hole film was set in a special needs school

and yet i liked it a little, some of the fights were ok but more then that it just felt kinda harmless, ok so it was badly written and acted on the most part, but it kinda had a sweetness about, i just couldent disslike it.

"ALL HAIL MEGATRON!" is the funniest line from any film ever, i won't be able to look at a helicopter without laughing.

Saw it yesterday, was pretty good. Some good bits, some bad bits.

GCI was pretty good, wasn't too keen on the actual transforming....it looked more like loads of little transition effects than something tranforming. A much simpler effect would have worked a lot better.

Also, Jazz' death seemed pretty lame. He gets pulled apart in a wide shot, he was pretty small on screen, then later on the others basicaly said "we couldn't save him. meh", and noone in the film seemed to care at all. I agree that one of them sould have died, but he should have gone out with a bang.

So no one found the Autobots personalities to be a bit stupid? I just wasn't expecting to have any humor, and didn't connect emotionally with any of them (maybe BumbleBee).

The last action part with all the battles and stuff was awesome, and I think because it's more recent in people's mind, most think the entire film is awesome.

I was pretty much expecting that, it's not easy to introduce 2 factions of giant robots, their story, humans and develop all personalities in 2 hours or wtvr. So, for what I expected they did have some personality, specially when they were around the kid's house.

OMG, that was one of the greatest films ever!

I was expecting it to be great and it surpassed all expectations!!

Thank God it didn't dissapoint (not even in the slightest) like Spiderman 3; which after seeing what Transformers achieved, has fallen lower in my ratings.

I totally agree with Eddage about the seemless mix of CGI, it was incredible! the best use of CGI I've ever seen!

This film has gone straight into my Top 5 films ever (whatever they are)!

Word. Pretty much exact opinion as me. You always have good taste/opinion.

Can't believe Stan Bush's song 'Til All Are One didn't make it onto the Transformers soundtrack, its quite an awesome song.

The film finally made it to Austria and it's pure awesomeness. I'm not going to elaborate how much I liked it because I already did this in the rate the last film thread.

I really liked Optimus' character I must say. The relation between him and the rest of his group felt a lot like they were Soldiers who got tied together by time but still respected the ranks.

At times he was a though fighter and then again he felt really old and wise, like a true leader. I'd liked to see a bit more of Jazz and especially Ironhide though - such an awesome character.

I also loved the humour a lot, especially the Transformers hiding around Sam's house. Hilarious stuff.

Towards the end, the all-spark is in that dam and the Autobots look at the map in the glasses. Originally the all spark was with Megatron in Antarctica. So why weren't they heading that way but instead got to the dam.

And the all-spark is designed to create life, yet the things he created where aggressive and armed. Why are the Autobots or all of robot society, until Megatron showed up, good?

Why was Bumblebee suddenly able to talk again. His voice transmitter was damaged and they didn't know how to repair it.

And what happened to the driver of the Camaro. Bumblebee switched cars and the new one was without the driver but before he swiched the car certainly didn't drive all by himself.

Why was Bumblebee suddenly able to talk again. His voice transmitter was damaged and they didn't know how to repair it.

And what happened to the driver of the Camaro. Bumblebee switched cars and the new one was without the driver but before he swiched the car certainly didn't drive all by himself.

You see them attempt to repair Bumblebees vocal processor. You can just assume that it took a while to fix properly.

Bumblebee never switched cars, the Transformers scan vehicles to take their form, not take over the cars so the proper Camero would have just kept on driving.

Bumblebee never switched cars, the Transformers scan vehicles to take their form, not take over the cars so the proper Camero would have just kept on driving.

Oh I see, that explains a lot, thanks. : peace:

Bay Rejects Transformers 2

Director ditches sequel over studio's HD DVD decision.

August 21, 2007 - Yesterday's announcement by Paramount and DreamWorks that they are exclusively supporting the HD DVD format has lost them the support of at least one very important filmmaker: Transformers director Michael Bay.

In a message board posting (entitled "Paramount pisses me off!") at his official site, Bay wrote, "I want people to see my movies in the best formats possible. For them to deny people who have Blu-ray sucks! They were progressive by having two formats. No Transformers 2 for me!"

Whether Paramount-DreamWorks, the studios behind Transformers, can indeed still woo Bay back to helm the hoped-for sequel remains to be seen, but Bay certainly seems dead-set against it now.

A potential Transformers 2 doesn't appear to be in any rush to get made, however. The filmmakers have been asked about sequel plans while promoting the first movie, but so far there have been no official announcements on who would be writing the film or what its release date would be. Now it appears they will need a new director, too.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/814/814186p1.html

:wtf::cry: :cry:

Thank GOD! Michael Bay sucks! Did he want to shake the camera any f*cking more in Transformers!? I couldn't see what the hell was going on! He is a crap director and his films are awfully directed...

Perhaps we'll see the action scenes in 2 then, rather than a blur.

Oh yay, I'm pleased as punch by this.

Sure the 1st film was great, but for a fan still flawed, IMO the biggest flaw was how he dealt with the "One Shall Stand..." line, he knew the fans wanted that line in the film so damned much, but his direction for when it was said was ALL wrong, instead of the camera being on Prime as he said the line it was on Sam, WTF? it took all the power out of the line, not to mention Megatrons poor comeback (can't even remember what it was), which made it seem like a throw away one liner, and not the greatness that it was in the Animated film.

Wow that's a bit of a long rant, just for one line said in a 2 hour film :heh:

And of course other issues like the camera being too damned close to the action you can't make it out, or surprisingly being too far away at one point when they Megatron kills Jazz and you have can't see who it was and are left wonder till the end of the fight as to who the hell just died? Plus the lack to Jazz time on screen which made his death meaningless to the viewer.

For the 1st film it was still great, it was a nice introduction for the franchise, now hopefully in the 2nd we get lots more screen time and dialogue for the actual TRANSFORMERS (and hopefully they change Racket to an ambulance... he's their doctor not extingusher, why the hell is he a fire services vehicle?)

I have my fingers crossed for James Cameron or Ridley Scott to jump in for 2 (and hopefully 3)