Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Well at some point I'll watch some more, but right now it's not love at first sight. :indeed:

Just read Do Android Dreams of Electric Sheep?...same story (so far, I give everything a chance).

Superior correction.

Although I have no idea if the story is the same since I just saw the first ep of ergo proxy.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OUT-FREAKING-STANDING!

He's back! He's finally back! Naruto looks so awesome in Sage mode and he just killed one of the Pains with a single punch! Man im so hyped right now

:)

Absolutely AWESOME manga this week, man I'm loving Naruto!

My friend really wants me to watch naruto but I have a weird stubborn unreasoned resistance to watch it, maybe to annoy him.

So anyone have any suggestions of a different anime i can watch just to annoy him more?

I liked fullmetal alchemist and bleach, so something along those lines.

My friend really wants me to watch naruto but I have a weird stubborn unreasoned resistance to watch it, maybe to annoy him.

So anyone have any suggestions of a different anime i can watch just to annoy him more?

I liked fullmetal alchemist and bleach, so something along those lines.

Watch Berserk- although not really along those lines it's great. The manga is critically acclaimed in Japan at least and the anime covers a great part of it. The anime got me into the manga.

I presume 'The Girl Who Leapt Through Space' is based on TGWLT Time yes?

Just watched a bit of the dubbed Death Note anime because I found out Alessandro Juliani does the voice of L. Really stupid choice though because L is still meant to be quite young yes, early 20s? Does not sound it.

88 females without counting the ambiguous ones. Way more than I expected. Wouldn't have counted if I knew they were this much. :heh:

Yes, another KyoAni show and another absence of the 2nd season of Haruhi.

The only ones I liked there are Kurokami and Vipers' Creed, though one shouldn't judge the books by the cover.

By the way, should I skip the Naruto fillers and then see them in one go after some months, or does it have canon material that I'll want to watch weekly?

I've just watched all of Kannagi just now. I'd recommend it if you like Haruhi or Lucky Star. It's awesome.

Will watch it for the heck of it then, if it is comedy and just 12 eps.

Anyone reading Vampire Knight?

Does anyone know if the anime is different from the manga, because I saw about 5 minutes and it was slightly different to the manga (as in they did things at different times and people had things changed about them, as in their role etc)?

I like it :)

Soul Eater is so awesome. :grin: It had me gripped I had to catch up on 9 episodes which were brilliant. 29-38.

I love medusa too much and when I saw her evil plan for Brew to come into effect and saw that she had it I was so excited, I want her to win! Which is very unlikely to happen.

I'm also loving what is happening with Black Star at the moment I feel he is getting much more fleshed out as a character. Along with Chrona.

The fight with Mosquito the Oldman was animated awesomely. There is some fantastic stuff going on in this show and I cannot wait for more. :yay:

I also I finished off Ikkitousen: Dragons Destiny and Ikkitousen Great Guardians.

Dragons Destiny was a BIG step up from what as just an Ecchi affair in the first season (and was also poorly animated) I like all the characters in this. (especially Kan-u :)) and I thought the focus on a more solid story this time round was much better and the fanservice was kept to a low and when used was funny rather than gratitous. Obviously it's not anything amazing but I liked the Original manga (it was the first manga I owned) and thought this was great! : peace: Also the fighting in this was awesome.

5 Bears out of 7. :D

Great Guardians:

An anime original that is not based on the actual manga. You could tell as the overall story was much weaker than before. I like the fact that they brought back people who you thought to be dead but then that was never truly explained and left me confused! It started off well but it felt more like a school life anime as there was a lot more romance not enough fighting! Though it did flesh out the characters a lot more which was good. More fanservice this time a bit too much but after a while a lot of it I didn't even notice, you get used to it.

The comedy element was then ramped up in this and I found it to be much funnier than Dragons Destiny (which was lacking in this department) and it added two new characters Saji Genpou (who is in my Sig and is amazing) and Chuubou. :grin: Their mystery is gradually unfolded and I liked how she was controlling everyone and the final two episodes where exciting with Ryomu's dragon being unleashed. So the fighting in the last few episodes made up for a weak middle though things were left unexplained. Probably the only person but I want a fourth season just to clear things up a bit!

I also watched both OVA's... yeah a bit too much nudity for me... Still quite funny though.

5 and a half Bears out of 7. :)

Anyone reading Vampire Knight?

Does anyone know if the anime is different from the manga, because I saw about 5 minutes and it was slightly different to the manga (as in they did things at different times and people had things changed about them, as in their role etc)?

I like it :)

I stand by what i said about it

get back to reading fma NOW

I've just watched all of Kannagi and it was much better than I expected. I wasn't expecting much nor did I know much about it but it seems it was a very high-budget production. The animation was great and the voice acting sounded strangely natural, it did not sound like 90% of other animes with constant exaggerated voice tones, it sounded more human.

The humor was better than Lucky Star IMO, even as if it still used otaku culture references, there was actually a joke in each of them and not just random references like in Lucky Star.

I've also watched Kemeko DX with some high expectations which turned into a disappointment. Sure the 3D CG fighting scenes were great but I got to see only 2 or 3. It had too much gratuitous echi and was not as funny as I thought it would be. Not my type. The plot didn't draw me in either. Not bad, but I guess this is what expectations are all about.

Next I'm going to watch Detroit Metal City.

I hope you didn't count them up...

But I did!! But I'm not proud of it.

It was in the name of statistic studies.

I enjoyed bleach, it was rather good =)

How he knifed noitera (sp) and it went through his hole, that was quite awesome, nice twist.

The eye patch being removed was a fantastic move. Better than oh lets get it on etc etc. Quite subtle!

Hopefully kenpachi has learned some more skills, like, maybe even his soul slayers name. That would be kinda cool. :smile:

I've just watched all of Kannagi and it was much better than I expected. I wasn't expecting much nor did I know much about it but it seems it was a very high-budget production. The animation was great and the voice acting sounded strangely natural, it did not sound like 90% of other animes with constant exaggerated voice tones, it sounded more human.

The humor was better than Lucky Star IMO, even as if it still used otaku culture references, there was actually a joke in each of them and not just random references like in Lucky Star.

I've also watched Kemeko DX with some high expectations which turned into a disappointment. Sure the 3D CG fighting scenes were great but I got to see only 2 or 3. It had too much gratuitous echi and was not as funny as I thought it would be. Not my type. The plot didn't draw me in either. Not bad, but I guess this is what expectations are all about.

Next I'm going to watch Detroit Metal City.

I'm glad you enjoyed Kannagi. I loved the part where one of the characters went into the wrong room at Karaoke and walked in on the Lucky Star cast. I thought that was brilliant.

DMC is extremely funny. It's just great.

I watched Minami-ke a while back and throughout most of the episodes it was laugh out loud comedy, especially Hosaka. Now on Minami-ke Okawari and it's just not as good. Shame they've ruined a good series.

Edit: It seems the airing of Naruto starts now online. The next episode, 91, will air on crunchyroll in 7 days time.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!