Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 360 red ringed :( second time now since launch. It first did it 21 months after launch and they fixed it, now it's just done it again and it's out of warranty now. Time to buy a new one in the morning >.<

Give them a ring first. People still get their machines fixed outside the warranty period, and given that yours is a relapse I'd imagine they'll be more amenable in any case.

...It's just there as an option. It's not like they're forcing you to buy the DLC. Go get it on disc if you want.

I was saying it in general, i own the disk-copy and both DLC packs so there is no need for me to purchase these episodes.

Give them a ring first. People still get their machines fixed outside the warranty period, and given that yours is a relapse I'd imagine they'll be more amenable in any case.

Where was i reading that MS have extended all warranties on 360's. I can't remember to be fair. I think the repairs are free if it is the console that broke itself, but if you did it and they prove it then you pay.

My 360 red ringed :( second time now since launch. It first did it 21 months after launch and they fixed it, now it's just done it again and it's out of warranty now. Time to buy a new one in the morning >.<

at least call first :blank:

dam work im never gunna finish TOV..had for just about a month now and bout 30 hours in

Unless you really want to spend money I would call microsoft first, my 360 rrod twice and I got it fixed for free - second time out of warranty. They put up little fight :P

I've seen the advert too, I think it's launching late October along with the social networking stuff such as facebook, twitter and last.fm.

I think the Sky player on xbox is free to current sky customers but for non sky customers you'll have to pay a subscription fee to watch... Don't quote me on that though.

It won't be full programming like watching sky but it'll be like the sky player you can download for you pc like BBC iPlayer.

I've seen the advert too, I think it's launching late October along with the social networking stuff such as facebook, twitter and last.fm.

I think the Sky player on xbox is free to current sky customers but for non sky customers you'll have to pay a subscription fee to watch... Don't quote me on that though.

It won't be full programming like watching sky but it'll be like the sky player you can download for you pc like BBC iPlayer.

Oops.'''''''''''

It seems that my PC's Network adapter is completely fried (attempting to update drivers destroyed Windows 7, and Vista won't recognise it - even after installing official drivers). So it looks like I'll have to spend £40 on a Wireless Adapter (I'll be a better connection, anyway).

Edited by Cube

If you're going to spend £40 anyway, consider homeplug.

I did consider, but my room only has one convenient plug socket, which already has a full 6-way extension plugged into it. I wouldn't be comfortable with more than that plugged into the same plug socket.

Ok so found out some more info about the sky thing...

If you are a sky customer you get all the benefits the sky player on demand gives you (like bbc iplayer) depending on the package you're on. So for example if you're on the basic package you won't get sport highlights but if you have the sports package you will. The on demand is not like watching full sky which some people believe it is. It's simply like bbc iplayer of 4od, for a catch up of selective programming.

You can use the sky player on the xbox as a 2nd sky box of sorts (probably not all channels available). But you have to have an extra multi room subscription active with sky to enable this to work.

If you're not a sky customer and want to use the sky player on your xbox there will be a number of packages available at a monthly cost.

Seems interesting and is due to launch in October at some point.

Quick question: Last night my console succumbed to the infamous RROD, yet all seems perfectly fine today. Exactly how concerned should I be? 'Cause if it totally nackers itself right around MW2 coming out I'm gonna be pissed.

Very concerned because it will last a few more days, to maybe a week maximum before it completely goes, that is usually what happens, so the sooner it RROD's properly the better, then you can get it back in time for MW2.

Quick question: Last night my console succumbed to the infamous RROD, yet all seems perfectly fine today. Exactly how concerned should I be? 'Cause if it totally nackers itself right around MW2 coming out I'm gonna be pissed.

Mine RROD'd about 6 months ago and has been fine ever since...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!