NEurope

47 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Yeah it'll be the latter then. And I'm trying to guess who based on "twister". 

Twister is the name of the intro song in the first game.

BTW, wasn't me. I think only moderators can do that.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2021 at 10:18 PM, Ashley said:

I'm not too sure if it's only mods that can add tags, as I went through a couple of weeks where I would add them when starting a new game thread (I eventually gave up as the mess of next-gen arrived). 

Such as the 'PS5' tag I added for the Final Fantasy XVI thread: 

On 09/07/2021 at 8:52 PM, Sméagol said:

So I've asked this before, but.. where do I add tags?

Maybe @darksnowman can tell me, as he somehow added 4 to this topic:

@bob was able to do it on the thread creation page. Four was the maximum and he figured other thread creators don't use tags are you're a bunch of boring old farts. :p 

On 09/07/2021 at 10:18 PM, Ashley said:

Tune!

I dunno, I heard someone saw that Rummy guy sneaking around in the night....

Vote:Rummy

• Thanks 1

Legitimate question, probably more so aimed at Off Topic than gaming side. Can threads be created for new events happening in the world? Reason I ask is newsworthy things seem to be missing in off topic (unless there’s posts in a master thread I’ve missed). Example being Kyle Rittenhouse (unless that’s not worthy of an official thread here which i’d not disagree with whatsoever, but it’s kinda a bit of a conversational piece globally at the moment)

6 hours ago, Murr said:

Legitimate question, probably more so aimed at Off Topic than gaming side. Can threads be created for new events happening in the world? Reason I ask is newsworthy things seem to be missing in off topic (unless there’s posts in a master thread I’ve missed). Example being Kyle Rittenhouse (unless that’s not worthy of an official thread here which i’d not disagree with whatsoever, but it’s kinda a bit of a conversational piece globally at the moment)

Yeah by all means.

I think the reason topics aren't is because things are generally quieter and it seems people rarely think to create new topics nowadays and more just post in giant topics, but go ahead. 

9 hours ago, Murr said:

Absolutely and always. I need to earn my bread as a mod afterall! Anything beyond the mark can be dealt with as it comes - I don't think proscription has ever been our major style nor are any of us heavily against speech just because it offends sensibilities - everyone has different views on politics, religion, and ofc most important of all - Video Games on the internet.

Is the COVID thread ever going to be unlocked? Just went to post something in it and I see it’s still locked “temporarily”.

Maybe on the COVID front it would be good to just start new threads on specific topics?

I did quite enjoy some of the heated debates in that thread but it also overwhelmed some legitimate topics that would have benefited from some close discussion.

It’s definitely something we need threads for at least.

I have considered it but yeah maybe a fresh start would be best. Feel free to do so. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

So what's with the "Your profile is 50% complete"?

N-Europe has gotten a new CMS. I imagine that's part of it.

I don't know the details though, you'll have to ask someone more in the know then I am.

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

So what's with the "Your profile is 50% complete"?

I did something earlier which temporarily broke things so might be related to that. Where are you seeing it?

At the forum front. I could dismiss it, which I've done now. It was just a bit of a surprise to be prompted to complete a profile which has been te same for years more or less.

Happened to me too. Turns out, all it wanted me to do was complete the "optional information" page, which included Friend Codes for Switch, 3DS, and a Twitter username (which I had left blank due to me not having one).

The Friend Codes were already filled to begin with, so that 50% in the prompt was really only about the Twitter thing ::shrug: I just wrote "none" on it, and it considered my profile 100% complete

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Happened to me too. Turns out, all it wanted me to do was complete the "optional information" page, which included Friend Codes for Switch, 3DS, and a Twitter username (which I had left blank due to me not having one).

Exactly what I needed to fill in.
The difference is that I actually do have a Twitter username, so I put it in. Most people here would know it by now anyway.

Yeah, it's weird, I default to not filling in anything these days, eventhough you guys do know my twitter. It's public anyway.

I don't fill anything in because I'm a domestic man of mystery. (Was international until they stopped all the flights)

Cheers. Didn't happen to me but maybe I'm complete. I'll have a look later on once I get past this bout of sickness 😬

I think that box is just a default part of the template that was either turned off before, or you all dismissed it years ago and forgot about it and it just came back