NEurope

@Shorty set it up to deal with some traffic issues we were having, but it shouldn't be blocked. AFAIK it's (essentially) a checking service that will just direct you here afterwards. If your work had blocked Cloudflare itself then you wouldn't see that page.

@Shorty set it up to deal with some traffic issues we were having, but it shouldn't be blocked. AFAIK it's (essentially) a checking service that will just direct you here afterwards. If your work had blocked Cloudflare itself then you wouldn't see that page.

Previously n-europe was blocked, but the forum wasn't. However now after the cloudfare page it shows my company's blocked site page, and says that the website address that it has blocked is:

http://n-europe.com/cdn-cgi/l/chk_jschl?jschl_vc=22307326f395da9860237b722e888d6f&pass=1493891419.354-t0KpGQUYHS&;jschl_answer=1201

So I think it's to do with the fact that the main site is blocked, and now it's registering as the main site rather than the forum.

EDIT: Did you change something? I'm no longer seeing the cloudfare page and I can get on the site.

Guys, N-E is running horrifically slow for me. It's taken me 15 minutes to make that Donald Trump thread and it keeps timing out. It timed out twice when I tried to make the thread, it timed out when I tried to edit the title and I can't actually edit my post as that keeps timing out, too.

Anyone able to log on with Tapatalk? Hasn't worked for me for a couple of days now :/

@Shorty and I are still trying to figure out how to ease the burden on the forum and get Tapatalk working with CloudFlare I'm afraid. Apologies for the problem.

Anyone know where the user CP went? still trying to find my way around this new layout.

7 minutes ago, martinist said:

Anyone know where the user CP went? still trying to find my way around this new layout.

Click your name -> profile in top right, then when on your actual profile, click edit profile also in the top right (edit: well, top right of your profile banner).

Question:

How / where do I collect warning points? And can I exchange them for N-Europe goodies? I have 0 at the moment :(.

Edited by Sméagol

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

Click your name -> profile in top right, then when on your actual profile, click edit profile also in the top right (edit: well, top right of your profile banner).

Question:

How / where do I collect warning points? And can I exchange them for N-Europe goodies? I have 0 at the moment :(.

Warning points are when you've done bad things so I guess you ultimately exchange them for a ban...

I can't quite find how I can make sure that I always see the most recent message when I open a thread as opposed to seeing the very first post.

2 hours ago, Fused King said:

I can't quite find how I can make sure that I always see the most recent message when I open a thread as opposed to seeing the very first post.

If there's unread posts then you can just click the symbol to the left of the name.

14 hours ago, Magnus said:

Yeah, just click on the Japanese flag.

Methinks you're assuming everyone uses the same theme as you.

Not everything is about you, you know?

14 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Not everything is about you, you know?

That's not how I see it.

Edited by Magnus
  • Like 2

Ok I need to know, is sven a bot or just a person who's posts feel like they don't actually link to the topic/quote he's talking about?

Is it possible to not have posts from ignored users shown on the right side of the main board? Kinda stupid if they appear there and you inadvertently glance over them, reading some of them in the process.

That's not an option as far as I can see, no. Couldn't you just ignore them like... with your brain?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shorty said:

That's not an option as far as I can see, no. Couldn't you just ignore them like... with your brain?

When I glance over some words I involuntarily pick up quite a lot of the information. And no, I will not stop looking at the right side of the main board because 99% of that I'd like to read :p

Ah well...if there's nothing to do about I just have to live with it.

Is it just me, or can we not delete comments anymore? I've tried using Tapatalk and via mobile browser (not tried proper desktop version), but I can't work out how. Only seems to be the option to edit?

31 minutes ago, bob said:

Is it just me, or can we not delete comments anymore? I've tried using Tapatalk and via mobile browser (not tried proper desktop version), but I can't work out how. Only seems to be the option to edit?

I asked about this a while ago and was pointed to the ‘Hide’ option under ‘Options’, which seems to have the same effect? :)

I asked about this a while ago and was pointed to the ‘Hide’ option under ‘Options’, which seems to have the same effect?
I wasn't sure if that just hid it for me, or everyone. Cheers though, I'll use that in future.

54 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

It most certainly is. :)

It's also why you can see "N-E Supporter" underneath my name along with the 1-Up mushroom. :peace: (that's what you get if you become a $3 Patron)

In addition to not seeing ads on the site as well of course, although that's a point... @Shorty I can still see the following on the main forum page...

"Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe"

Although maybe that one is supposed to stay there even if you're a Patron but you won't see ads anywhere else on the forum? Not sure as I never really saw any ads to begin with.

I'm happy to support N-Europe either way though and thanks for sorting out the "N-E Supporter" badge. :D

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guess who's the third?

You also may want to put a little bit more focus on it. Now it really looks like a suspicious link between the ads.

Edit: Ever I've seen the "ad" in the sidebar, I found it weird there was never anything to click on. Now I just noticed there's actually a link ("become a patron!"), but for me it vanishes right away. You may want to look in to that. Using Chrome. Also vanishes in Opera, displays correctly in IE.

I got the link from way below in the sidebar.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 2