N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Saw III

At first I thought it's the second film all over again but it really turned out to be quite different.

The reasons for the "punishments" get a little extrem now though and I couldn't help but wonder how he Jigsaw could pay for all the facilities.

But if you don't think about that you have quite a gory film that will leave you a little disturbed (almost as disturbing as watching Super Mario Show which I did directly after that).

I'm also very happy to bring a radical ending to it, that keeps me wondering what they're going to do now in Saw IV.

8/10

Read my post again. And 8 is a pretty good score by my standards.

City Of Lost Children

Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Marc Caro's second (and final) feature film collaboration and it was a bit of a disappointment. There are moments in it that are as good as Delicatessan, but it doesn't flow as well and a lot of the CGI looks very dated today and doesn't really work with the rest of the films aesthetic. It's still an enjoyable film though and the world in which it's set is as interesting as that in their previous feature.

6/10

6? You like pretending you're the movie master, don't you?

I say heresy... 6? Of course it's not Delicatessen... but 6???? :|

Indeed.

My enjoyment of the film was kind of screwed up by the fact that my DVD player wouldn't allow me to watch it in French with subtitles, due to the massively flawed DVD having the English dub at the default audio setting. I assumed the film was in French, but thought I was proven wrong for the first 5 or so minutes until it was noticably out of sync. Spent ages trying to sort the problem out before having to boot up my PC and watch it on there, feeling very bitter for the next 10 or so minutes.

And I think 6 is alright. 6/10 would be slightly above average, which is exactly what I thought the film was. It was great in places, but flawed in many others. Adding up to being just above average. Clearly your opinion differs, so... oh well.

Guest Stefkov

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Still retains one of the top spots for my most funniest film. I just love how they each play so many different parts. And thats the way they have always done it.

10/10

Indeed.

My enjoyment of the film was kind of screwed up by the fact that my DVD player wouldn't allow me to watch it in French with subtitles, due to the massively flawed DVD having the English dub at the default audio setting. I assumed the film was in French, but thought I was proven wrong for the first 5 or so minutes until it was noticably out of sync. Spent ages trying to sort the problem out before having to boot up my PC and watch it on there, feeling very bitter for the next 10 or so minutes.

And I think 6 is alright. 6/10 would be slightly above average, which is exactly what I thought the film was. It was great in places, but flawed in many others. Adding up to being just above average. Clearly your opinion differs, so... oh well.

I consider giving this film less than a 7 heresy. :D

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Still retains one of the top spots for my most funniest film. I just love how they each play so many different parts. And thats the way they have always done it.

10/10

I must have watched that movie like 40 times. It's pure joy.

LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE

The best film i have seen in months. its funny, clever, sad and there is one moment thats so freaking funny i actually fell off my pc chair watchin it. (its a one linner...very funny)

Its got a 16 year old boy that wont talk, a suicidal steve carrell, a mental 6 year old girl who " gets her freak on" to this stupid song and death whwich turns out to be one of the funniest bits in the film.

Please buy this on DVD when it comes out.

10/10

Employee of the Month-8/10

I went in expecting the worst here because the two lead characters are a pretty boy and Jessica Simpson.

I was suprised to find myself laughing through most of the movie, and what more can you expect from this sort of film (besides a nude scene with Jessica)

epic movie is funny. Especially the bit with the talking beaver and paris hilton. do go and see it

But, but, but you reccomend, Little Miss Sunshine, which is great, now Epic Movie, which is vomit inducingly bad.

If good is bad then bad is good then good bad bad good good KABOOM.

The Machinist. All I can say is it's a shame it came out after Fight Club. One of those films that, as Shorty said as we watched it, makes you look and listen out for those images and words that must surely mean something at the end; you can't help but try and solve it. I think films like this are more enjoyable if you let it take you for the ride it has planned... But then, the very nature of this type of movie means that you can't help BUT speculate.

Perhaps not one for the paranoid out there. 7/10

The Prestige

Liked the ending alot, but sort of dragged a little in the middle, but then again, I was on a plane when I was watching it and lost concentration for a small part of it. Maybe I should rent it again sometime, but now, I'd give it...

7/10

Sexy Beast

I don't really see what all the fuss is about to be honest. Ben Kingsley was awesome, but it didn't really go anywhere to be honest, and I didn't really care for the characters at all. There were some good things about it though (like the opening scene. That was pretty damn cool), but overall, meh.

6/10