Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

I think John Connor has actually been ruined for me anyway now that ive seen the Sarah Connor Chronicles. I really liked the way they developed his character in that show, you could see he was smart but the further it went the more you saw that this teenager could eventually lead the resistance. Didnt really see that in Salvation.

I think John Connor has actually been ruined for me anyway now that ive seen the Sarah Connor Chronicles. I really liked the way they developed his character in that show, you could see he was smart but the further it went the more you saw that this teenager could eventually lead the resistance. Didnt really see that in Salvation.

I'm still annoyed that I haven't seen all of the Chronicles. Need the doovdes.

He'll probably get a lot more screen-time in the next Terminator film, I bet.

I'm still annoyed that I haven't seen all of the Chronicles. Need the doovdes.

He'll probably get a lot more screen-time in the next Terminator film, I bet.

Well in the next movie id like to see maybe flashbacks to the early days and see how this "Legend of John Connor" seemed to spread, might make everyones love of him a bit easier to stomach.

Terminator Salvation just seemed like a really lazy film to me. Neither very good nor that bad, just blah.

There were quite a lot of aspects that I liked, but then some things just didn't seem to be done too well at all. For example, I thought they portrayed the character of Kyle Reese pretty well, and that was a huge plus for the movie. But then, when he gets taken into Skynet, I think they just thought "ok, we don't know what to do with him now, so...we'll...lock him in a room until John gets here. Yes."

I would've liked to have seen more inside the actual camp. That scene when they're being transported in "the cattle car" was quite a good scene. I'd been studying the book Maus for uni not too long before seeing this film, and we also learned about how the Jews were transported in cattle cars to the camps. So, I thought that link was made quite well, given that the first few minutes of the first Terminator film talk about a Nuclear Holocaust. I liked that aspect, but they just then seemed to drop it. I was expecting some proper insight into the camps and how the prisoners were treated. What did we learn? That they line up...that is all. That's all we saw, I think.

That's one of my biggest annoyances with the film. But, compared to Terminator 3, I still like it a lot more.

Well in the next movie id like to see maybe flashbacks to the early days and see how this "Legend of John Connor" seemed to spread, might make everyones love of him a bit easier to stomach.

I would also like that. If I'm right, I think the next film will almost purely be about John and Kyle's friendship. Maybe similar to Star Wars Episode 2 when so much emphasis was on Anakin and Padme. I hope I'm wrong, though.

I went to see Paranormal Activity tonight.

It was freaking AWESOME. The film itself was pretty tense, and the reactions seemed very realistic most of the time, the characters interactions were good. There were a couple of quite funny moments too, but not in an out-of-place, tension breaking way.

But the best part was the atmosphere in the theatre, a lot of whispering, gasps etc. The guy in front of us, when the footprints appeared, shouted "IT'S A DUCK!" I made my friend jump out of his seat just by grabbing his leg. My other friend jumped about a foot out of his chair at the end when the guy came towards the camera. It was just awesome, my favourite ever movie going experience.

districtb13ultimatum.jpg

Immense. Not as good as the first one though. Too much talking, not enough David Belle being amazing.

7/10

Just watched this myself. Bad ass. To the max. Although the cheesy all gangs together malarkey was a bit turd, especially the skinhead with "White Power" tattooed on his face working with a black guy.

"Chinese" lady was mighty purty too, in a sort of "She might make with the lovin' or maybe stab your balls off" sort of way.

8.5/10

Edited by Goafer

That's one of my biggest annoyances with the film. But, compared to Terminator 3, I still like it a lot more.

One of the big annoyances for me was that they lure John into their base then send one Terminator after him, and give John a room full of the ultra-powerful little power reactor things. Plus there was no reason to keep Kyle alive.

terminator-salvation-poster-2.jpg

Terminator Salvation

Wasn't as great as I thought it would be. Great special effects and it's much better than Terminator 3 but that's all I can say about it. It wasn't good or bad, just in the middle.

5/10

Christian Bale: When you just need to make everyone else look really talented.

That's what Heath Ledger got the posthumous Oscar, it wasn't an award for being good, but an award for not being Christian Bale.

My most-watched "proper" (i.e not a purely voice actor) actor is Cameron Diaz. Feels funny.

Discounting other pure voice actors, next up are John Cleese (random! But he's in everything), Warwick Davis (the famius dwarf who basically plays all the dwarves in every movie ever) and Kirsten Dunst.

(taken from Listal.com, where I've painstakingly listed every film I've ever seen.)

My most-watched "proper" (i.e not a purely voice actor) actor is Cameron Diaz. Feels funny.

Discounting other pure voice actors, next up are John Cleese (random! But he's in everything), Warwick Davis (the famius dwarf who basically plays all the dwarves in every movie ever) and Kirsten Dunst.

(taken from Listal.com, where I've painstakingly listed every film I've ever seen.)

I like John Cleese but I felt a bit bad when I saw him in The Day The Earth Stood Still. That film was an abomination, there was someone who acted even more nonchalant and innocuous than Keanu Reeves which I think deserves some kind of medal.

WRONG.

gwildor_closeup.jpg

Just so you know, I e-mailed a facepalm picture to myself.

In my futile defense, I was only generalising roles. He could have played Gwildor!

At least you're not saying I'm wrong for calling him a legend. Unless...

Edited by Roostophe

One of the big annoyances for me was that they lure John into their base then send one Terminator after him, and give John a room full of the ultra-powerful little power reactor things. Plus there was no reason to keep Kyle alive.

That is one of quite a few things which just didn't make sense. Also, how does Skynet actually know who John's Father is? Why did they hold Kyle Reese prisoner? As far as I know, Skynet has no way of knowing who John's real father is.

Remember in Terminator Two when the T-1000 steals the police car in the first 10 mins of the film. When he looks on the computer's database, it blatantly says that his Father is "unknown." So...that just doesn't make a lot of sense for me. It makes sense to the audience because we know that Kyle is John's Father, and John knows it, but it's a plot flaw as far as I'm concerned. Unless you cop out and say "ohhh, maybe it was revealed in between the time of Terminator Two/Three and Salvation."

Me and Flink watched Total Recall a few nights ago. There hasn't been a week when this hasn't been shown on ITV2.

It really is an excellent film, though. I watched it after you went to bed, and I just couldn't look away. It's definitely one of my favourite films.

"HEYYYY QUAID! ITS ME! BENNY! BENNY's The naaaame! :D"

Christian Bale: When you just need to make everyone else look really talented.

That's what Heath Ledger got the posthumous Oscar, it wasn't an award for being good, but an award for not being Christian Bale.

Hahahaha, you know, I said almost exactly the same thing not too long back. Christian Bale has a habit of making his co-stars the better actor in the film. He was completely outshone in Terminator Salvation by Sam Worthington and Anton Yelchin. I'm probably only one of few, but I honestly think that Bale makes a poor Batman and an even poorer Bruce Wayne. He also was a bit crap as John Connor, so that's two slash three of the biggest "icons" in film he's played and not lived up to, for me.

Back to Total Recall, it really is something else of a film. I HAVE to watch it everytime it is on telly...I'd like to know how many times I've seen it all together.

The script work for this film is gold. I'd like to have been with them in the boardroom when they wrote this. I challenge you to find a film with as many memorable one-liners. There's the obvious ones like "See you at the Party, Richter!" but there are so many brilliant ones that just leave you chuckling in your sleep. "That's Quaid!" "Where?" "The Woman! Get him....her!" Hahahah.

The casting for this is a stroke of genius, imo. There's not a single character I think "uhh, they could've played him better or got somebody else to play her." Everything just seemed tailored to perfection. It's a daft film, but there's also so much genius here, too. The perfect balance of intelligence and sillyness. :D

It gets a perfect 10 for me. Nothing I would change about this, at all.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Halloween (1978) (mild spoilers, but not really)

I appreciate it's status as a classic and trendsetter for horror for decades to come, but it seemed far from perfect. It was visually pretty awesome, I liked how the camera seemed shaky (not in a Transformers way), and it's low-budget didn't seem to hamper it. I think the most tense bits were actually the daytime sections, which was a nice change. I really hated some of action set-piecing or whatever. How there was a lot of pointless bits that were really unrealistic (though I could argue that I liked how Myers is quite a shite killer, really slow and bad at aiming). in how events unfolded.

I liked the characters though, they had more substance than the typical teen slasher thing.

I hated how the screams either sounded fake/out of place, or as if they weren't actually scared. Half the time they didn't even scream, just gasped in a way that suggested mild suprise. But I'm dealing. I love/hate the ending.

7/10