N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

I just look at it as an extended deleted scenes reel.

Ghostbusters on High Definition Blu Ray Format

Best format I've ever seen it on....well...obviously. But it was stunning. Also suprised at how much I STILL notice (adult joke wise) that I havn't noticed before. I've seen it like 4 times in the last few years but I still noticed something this watch. My favourite film of all time, I think.

10/10

It was a legitimate question on my end, no need to go quoting the wiki. I really didn't know it had that name elsewhere. Honestly it fits the series more than Army of Darkness.

I had to go quoting the Wiki!

It's been more than a decade since I watched it. I had to check, make sure it wasn't just old age :sad:

Drag Me To Hell

Don't know what to say bout this one. it is a good horror/comedy, back to form for same old but if what I saw was(little palindrome there for ya) right, it's a brilliant amphibious psychological horror. If I'm not pulling the latter out of thin air then this film is a damn instant classic. Adds a whole new realm to the film that we are.

So yea I found the plot very ambiguous very open to interpretation and not just the base horror movie many think it is but a little bit more than. God-damn Sam is good!

10/10

Edited by mariosmentor
Spoiler tag was all screwed up.

Drag Me To Hell

Don't know what to say bout this one. it is a good horror/comedy, back to form for same old but if what I saw was(little palindrome there for ya) right, it's a brilliant amphibious psychological horror. If I'm not pulling the latter out of thin air then this film is a damn instant classic. Adds a whole new realm to the film that we are.

So yea I found the plot very ambiguous very open to interpretation and not just the base horror movie many think it is but a little bit more than. God-damn Sam is good!

10/10

I must say I totally disagree with you! I thought it was very corny in some places, the 2 main characters, the woman who is cursed and her boyfriend seems to be very shallow characters and the film in general was just quite bad. I worked out the obvious 'plot twist' at the end like in the middle of the film and stuff like the talking goat was just ridiculous. The only saving grace for that film was the fact that it did make you jump rather a lot :P

But I have noticed I'm probably one of the few who think this as its getting 4 or 5 stars from loads of reviews and I just don't see it at all.

Anyway now for my rating of a film I saw at the cinemas last night, The Hangover.

I didn't really want to see it as it seemed a bit like a generic teen comedy but my friends really wanted too, so I did. And I must say I was really surprised, its perhaps the funniest film I've watched in years. So many laugh out loud moments and it has some really good characters and scenes. Its the best comedy Ive seen for such a long time that as soon as it gets released on to DVD im getting it.

8/10

I must say I totally disagree with you! I thought it was very corny in some places, the 2 main characters, the woman who is cursed and her boyfriend seems to be very shallow characters and the film in general was just quite bad. I worked out the obvious 'plot twist' at the end like in the middle of the film and stuff like the talking goat was just ridiculous. The only saving grace for that film was the fact that it did make you jump rather a lot :P

But I have noticed I'm probably one of the few who think this as its getting 4 or 5 stars from loads of reviews and I just don't see it at all.

It was meant to be like that!

And everyone got the twist. It was barely a twist, it was just an occurance. My sister leaned into me thinking she was smart predicting it and I've never wanted to punch her square in the jaw, more in my entire life.

so the film was meant to be corny, generic and with an obvious twist at the end. Wheres the logic?!

It was meant to be corny...yes.

Generic? I'm confident we didn't see the same film if you thought it was generic. Again, I didn't see that the "twist" was much of a twist, and thought it was just great.

I just look at it as an extended deleted scenes reel.

Ghostbusters on High Definition Blu Ray Format

Best format I've ever seen it on....well...obviously. But it was stunning. Also suprised at how much I STILL notice (adult joke wise) that I havn't noticed before. I've seen it like 4 times in the last few years but I still noticed something this watch. My favourite film of all time, I think.

10/10

Ghostbusters ROCK! I can't wait for the third one. Though Ben Stiller as a ghostbuster won't look right. I just keep imagining Zoolander as a ghostbuster.

"Who are you gonna call?" *gives Zoolander look*

Transformers

Since I've been invited to watch Revenge of The Fallen on Saturday, I thought I might as well watch the original beforehand.

Wasn't bad, a few things happened too quick [shot wise] so was hard to see what was happening. On the whole, an enjoyable viewings.

Eight Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

Shut Up Amd Sing

The fable of the Dixie Chicks atrocious fall from grace after sayng in a London concert "I'm ashamed the president is from texas". A very good documentary-film about the situation, spanning 2003-2006. Reminded me just how good the "comeback" album actually was.

And I was genuinely on edge when she knew there was a death threat made against her. Maybe that's just me.

Basically I hate american blind patriotism.

Transformers 2

Saw the midnight showing. As the certificate bit came up at the beginning one solitary person yelled "YAY!". It was genius.

Anyway, the film. I'll put it in spoler tags for people that don't want to see anything about it before they've seen it themselves. I won't actually put any spoilers though.

It was pretty much a Micheal Bay film. A whole truckload of awesome, but not much else. Although it didn't quite have the "Holy shit, that's awesome" factor of the original. The giant transformer fights didn't seem as good this time (except for the one in the forest, that was rad). Plus there isn't as much focus on the Transformers characters this time, making it a bit hard to care about any of them.

The soundtrack didn't seem as good this time. I thought What I've Done and Pretty Handsome Awkward worked well in the first. There wasn't any stand out music moments in this one.

Still a good film if you can switch your brain off for a while. Plus I would very much like to put my Blackpool Rock in Megan Fox's Morris Minor.

7.5/10. Mindless entertainment.

Ghostbusters ROCK! I can't wait for the third one. Though Ben Stiller as a ghostbuster won't look right. I just keep imagining Zoolander as a ghostbuster.

"Who are you gonna call?" *gives Zoolander look*

I don't think (I'm certain) anyones been cast yet. Ben Stiller as a Ghostbuster HORRIFIES me.

Transformers 2

Saw the midnight showing. As the certificate bit came up at the beginning one solitary person yelled "YAY!". It was genius.

Anyway, the film. I'll put it in spoler tags for people that don't want to see anything about it before they've seen it themselves. I won't actually put any spoilers though.

It was pretty much a Micheal Bay film. A whole truckload of awesome, but not much else. Although it didn't quite have the "Holy shit, that's awesome" factor of the original. The giant transformer fights didn't seem as good this time (except for the one in the forest, that was rad). Plus there isn't as much focus on the Transformers characters this time, making it a bit hard to care about any of them.

The soundtrack didn't seem as good this time. I thought What I've Done and Pretty Handsome Awkward worked well in the first. There wasn't any stand out music moments in this one.

Still a good film if you can switch your brain off for a while. Plus I would very much like to put my Blackpool Rock in Megan Fox's Morris Minor.

7.5/10. Mindless entertainment.

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen

Agree with some of your comments, like the music. I think the Transformers (well...the new ones) had bucket loads of character.

It was fucking sweet though. Thats the most ridiculously long finale of any film ever....ridiculous in a good way.

Blackbird was FUCKING awesome as was Constructicon. Obviously. They were so sick.

I WILL make a LEGO model of the latter. So sick it hurts. Not as good as the first but very different. This was....huge amounts of fighting/explosions/epicness.

8.5/10

I thought the decepticons had more character, but all the new Autobots seemed like comedy, Jar Jar Binks style characters, only not as teeth pullingly annoying. Thw twins were the usual Snoop Dog style gangster characters, the Blackbird was the usual old bastard who spouts the "comedy" British words like Bollocks, and the little RC truck was the usual Brooklyn/New York taxi driver.

Although maybe I was expecting too much. But it was the decent (for a Transformers movie) characters of the Decepticons that made the new characters look a bit shit by comparison.

One thing I did notice about the film though, it was more adult. More swearing at least.

I also watched The Last House on the Left

Utter wank. Breif outline: Family go to vacation house in token country village/town. Daughter goes to town to meet old friend. Takes family car. Daughter and friend meet shiftyest looking person ever. Go back to motel with him to do drugs. Shifty guy ends up being son of a mad murderer chap. Murderer chap, murderer chaps brother and murderer chaps girlfriend kidnap daughter and friend. Daughter gives the murderer chaps directions to where they need to go (conveniently near family holiday home). Daughter causes car crash. Daughters friend gets killed, daughter gets raped and left for dead. Murdered chaps take refuge from storm in family home. Family oblige. Murderer chaps son is a pussy, gives family a clue as to whats happened. Daughter managed to crawl home. Dad patches daughter up (he's a doctor), but she still needs to get to hospital. No car since the daughter borrowed it earlier, so they take a boat. Dad buggers off to look for the keys to boat, gets distracted by tools in toolshed, decides vengeance is better than helping his daughter. Family take vengeance. Mother,daughter and murderer chaps son (he's a pussy and apparently a good guy, despite travelling with the murderer people and never thinking to call the cops) take boat to hospital. Dad, again deciding vengeance is better than staying with his daughter in what could be her last moments, decides to take sadistic vengeance on the last chap. Because sadistic murder is fine as long as you have a decent reason.

1/10

Edited by Goafer

Well I didn't like it because I find sadistic revenge massively hypocritcal (kill madmen by acting like one). The Dad ditched his daughter twice in favour of vengeance. He could easily have snuck out of the house once he had found the keys, the murder chaps were asleep in the guest house, which was a seperate building. One murderer chap did wander into the main house, so killing him was understandable. But the other 2 could have been avoided.

There were a few good points about the film. The rape scene was uncomfortable to watch, which I imagine was the intention. The murderers son was quite a good character due to him not wanting to join in on it, but also being afraid to do anything to help the victims. But he was still a bit predictable.

I thought the decepticons had more character, but all the new Autobots seemed like comedy, Jar Jar Binks style characters, only not as teeth pullingly annoying. Thw twins were the usual Snoop Dog style gangster characters, the Blackbird was the usual old bastard who spouts the "comedy" British words like Bollocks, and the little RC truck was the usual Brooklyn/New York taxi driver.

Although maybe I was expecting too much. But it was the decent (for a Transformers movie) characters of the Decepticons that made the new characters look a bit shit by comparison.

Yeah I agree with that. Theres essentially no "normal" new Autobots. But Blackbird was awesome. (Not his personality particularly, but him)

Also, there was a RIDICULOUS amount of swearing (awesome!)