Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

I just watched [rec] What an awesome film. Take note JJ Abrahms this is how you do a handcam film. Great from start to finish pretty sure it will bomb because everyone will go and see The Orphanage instead when looking for a Spanish Horror film. 8/10

I just watched [rec] What an awesome film. Take note JJ Abrahms this is how you do a handcam film. Great from start to finish pretty sure it will bomb because everyone will go and see The Orphanage instead when looking for a Spanish Horror film. 8/10

Lol, or everyone will most likely be seeing Quarantine:

Quarantine(2008) - Television reporter Angela Vidal (Jennifer Carpenter) and her cameraman (Steve Harris) are assigned to spend the night shift with a Los Angeles Fire Station. After a routine 911 call takes them to a small apartment building, they find police officers already on the scene in response to blood curdling screams coming from one of the apartment units. They soon learn that a woman living in the building has been infected by something unknown. After a few of the residents are viciously attacked, they try to escape with the news crew in tow, only to find that the CDC has quarantined the building. Phones, Internet, televisions and cell phone access have been cut-off, and officials are not relaying information to those locked inside. When the quarantine is finally lifted, the only evidence of what took place is the news crew's videotape.

Sound familiar? Dontcha just love Hollywood's ideas.

cloverfield.

well, the start went on a bit but i cant fault the build up of susspence. shame i left knowing so little, litteraly like an accompnyment to a serise or somthing.

still, tense, new, only spoilt by bland caracters.

7/10

lucky number sLeven.

nice to see a film that beats you to death with your own logic. literaly spent the first half with questionmarks over head. wraps up neatly, leaving no mystery. fun.

9/10

Gonna watch it this monday. Looking very much forward to it. : peace:

Never Back Down

I'm not sure about this film. It had loads of bad points. It was very predictable and very cliched. It was typical american, everyody in school was fit and good looking, they all had loads of money and expensive cars. But if (and it's a big if) you could ignore those things then it was actually enjoyable.

Cosi

Actual film; ?/10, probably 5/10

Our interpretation; 10/10

My friends and I just laughed and chatted through the whole film, inventing running jokes as we went. It finished and we realised we didn't know any of the characters names, for the jokes.

Lol, or everyone will most likely be seeing Quarantine:

Sound familiar? Dontcha just love Hollywood's ideas.

I wouldn't mind seeing Quarantine as it has Jennifer Carpenter in.

Likewise I wouldn't mind seeing rec but the nearest place thats playing it is Brum :/

2001: A Space Odyssey on Blu-ray. I've obviously seen it a lot of times before, but if there's one film that benefits from HD and a big screen, it's 2001. I've probably prattled on about it somewhere in this thread already but suffice to say, I think it's as close as any film maker has gotten to making a 'perfect' film. Seeing it in HD only made me appreciate it more. I will see it on a cinema screen someday. 10/10

[ REC]

Ok, since it's a spanish film I had to watch it with subs, but still, it is so very awesome. Especially during the beginning I really had to tell myself they were actors and that everything was written but dialog and play are so damn convincing and the handcamera adds so much to the excitement.

It's also the first horror film in a long time that made me jump (twice) and had me at the edge of my seat quite some time.

The story also develops carefully and while it's more or less the usual thing the ultra-real feel of it forgives that almost completely.

8.5/10

The Condemned

I assume this is what came of the US remake of Battle Royale. Well we all knew it would be crap and it was.

With Battle Royale the main draw wasnt the violence for me, but seeing this class full of kids who had known eachother for years and how they dealt with having to kill. This movie had none of that, you didnt care for the characters, they didnt know eachother so there wasnt much of a draw.

I probably wouldnt have bothered watching it all but I spent the entire movie just waiting to see if Austin got a stunner in somewhere because im that much of a nerd!

3/10

Although it did have Dee from Neighbours in it, at least we know now where she washed up

The Grindhouse

Planet Terror and Death Proof as they were originally intended to be experience. In a cinema, late on a saturday night, complete with hilarious fake trailers like Machete and 'Don't' which had me in tears of laughter. You have to experience this in the cinema as it just won't be the same on a normal TV at home.

12/10

The Grindhouse

Planet Terror and Death Proof as they were originally intended to be experience. In a cinema, late on a saturday night, complete with hilarious fake trailers like Machete and 'Don't' which had me in tears of laughter. You have to experience this in the cinema as it just won't be the same on a normal TV at home.

12/10

I would have thought that Death Proof would have grinded down the brilliance of Planet Terror.

And the Machete trailer is no longer a fake trailer.

Is it? Please do explain why, then.

Is it not true that the first is the best?

I believe it is, my Dad believes the second is the best, but that's not the point. Watching the second and third put the first in a lot better context and allow you to appreciate it more. Trust me oxigen, watch them.