N-Europe

Nintendo Sound Clock Alarmo (Early 2025)

Julius

So, uh, this was the other hardware we were due to hear about I guess? Retailing at $99 USD. 

Introducing Nintendo Sound Clock: Alarmo, an interactive alarm clock that's out of the ordinary! Alarmo responds to your body's movement with game sounds, so you can feel like you're waking up in the game world itself. Set an alarm inspired by five Nintendo games, with more alarms on the way as free updates as they become available.

Nintendo going head-to-head with Pokémon Sleep wasn't on my bingo card for the year :p

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

• Julius changed the title to Nintendo Sound Clock Alarmo (Early 2025)

The technology seems cool, and the concept of a sleep activity log is pretty funny, but I honestly can't see why anybody would actually want to use it. Just seems like a quick way to get irritated by music and sound effects from your favourite games

Ok, bit less straightforward medical device than I was expecting; but yes, this is the return of the QoL device I was hinting at before.

There’s no way it’s gonna be better than the original DS’ alarm clock though.  That is literally the best alarm clock I have ever used! (In fact, I still use it till this day!).

Also, we get the return of the full blown 3DS/Wii U Activity Log here, but we can’t get it on Switch.  SMH :nono:

Edited by Dcubed

Just now, Dcubed said:

Also, we get the return of the full blown 3DS/Wii U Activity Log here, but we can’t get it on Switch.  SMH

They delayed the Switch 2 not for games or to have millions of units ready for launch, but for the return of the Activity Log, Themes and (actual, can-be-placed-in-the-menu) Folders

ted-lasso-afc-richmond.gif

• Haha 2

I'm one of those weird people who sets an alarm on his phone for work but whose body always wakes up before the alarm has a chance to go off. This product is useless to me. Plus, there's no way I'd pay 100 big ones for an alarm clock. I begrudge paying just over that for a mobile phone. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, drahkon said:

If you want a truly helpful alarm clock, get a sunrise alarm clock.

Yeah I found my sunrise alarm clock genuinely fantastic, I still use it now but during lockdowns when I couldn't tell left from right it was one of like four things helping me keep somewhat sane. 

Can't recommend them enough for anyone who struggles with sleep/waking up :peace:

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm one of those weird people who sets an alarm on his phone for work but whose body always wakes up before the alarm has a chance to go off.

:p

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

Have to say, after reading the ATD for this thing.  It does remind me a lot of their pre-NES toy line.  Would fit in perfectly with the likes of the Love Tester, the Chitorie vacuum cleaner and the Lefty RC car.  Seems pretty neat, and it’s nice to see Nintendo do something outside of video games that represents the spirit of their pre-NES days :)

Love the premise of it. Not too sure on the movements making sounds all the time the alarm is going off though. If it was just a clock that I could set one of the games to display (I like the fact that it’s basically different clock faces) then maybe I’d be more inclined to get one. Maybe each clock face could display scenes from games, or have more animated faces of the characters in it. 

It seems a neat piece of kit and I’m sure the tech will be used elsewhere at some point but it’s not for me. 

5 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Love the premise of it. Not too sure on the movements making sounds all the time the alarm is going off though. If it was just a clock that I could set one of the games to display (I like the fact that it’s basically different clock faces) then maybe I’d be more inclined to get one. Maybe each clock face could display scenes from games, or have more animated faces of the characters in it. 

It seems a neat piece of kit and I’m sure the tech will be used elsewhere at some point but it’s not for me. 

You can turn off the sounds by setting it to "button mode" which makes it act more like a normal alarm clock.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

You can turn off the sounds by setting it to "button mode" which makes it act more like a normal alarm clock.

It does kind of defeat the purpose though.  The tech simply won’t work for couples or those with pets either; which is pretty limiting.

That just looks really annoying. 

Edit 

The more I think about it the more annoying it seems. Okay you can turn off the sounds, but I don't set my alarm for the minute I need to get out of bed. I give myself time to get up and ease into the morning. 

Plus the fact it starts up again if it detects you in bed rubs me the wrong way too. It's so naggy.

Although I did see someone point out Nintendo will now be able to detect when you have sex which is amusing. 

• Like 1