Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

USA Election 2024: Harris Vs Trump

Good news, the Democrats would’ve been completely screwed if they stuck with Biden; he’s just too old at this point.

That being said? I think it’s probably the wrong time to take a risk with a female presidential candidate.  It didn’t exactly go well the last time they went up against Trump with one, and with America leaning more and more right wing? I feel that they’re taking this risk at the wrong time here… hopefully I’m wrong on this one.

10 hours ago, Dcubed said:

That being said? I think it’s probably the wrong time to take a risk with a female presidential candidate.  It didn’t exactly go well the last time they went up against Trump with one, and with America leaning more and more right wing? I feel that they’re taking this risk at the wrong time here… hopefully I’m wrong on this one.

She's off to a promising start though. She's gathered a stupid amount of support in a short space of time. I wanna see her go head to head with Trump in a debate. I imagine she would wipe the floor with him, given her past profession.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

She's off to a promising start though. She's gathered a stupid amount of support in a short space of time. I wanna see her go head to head with Trump in a debate. I imagine she would wipe the floor with him, given her past profession.

If she can keep things sensible then I totally agree. There is the old issue of “you can’t win an argument against an idiot” and Trump will just continue to spout utter drivel that is hard to come back against because you just can’t prepare for it. That being said, at this point I don’t think any of it matters. Trump supporters will vote for Trump and Democrats will vote for Harris. The selections on each side are now very interesting as each will galvanize the other to go out and vote in huge numbers to keep the ‘wrong’ side out.

This is probably the first bad move of Trump’s campaign, I’d have said he was pretty much certain to get in before this but now he’ll have a real battle on his hands.

• Ashley changed the title to USA Election 2024: Harris Vs Trump
On 7/19/2024 at 4:55 PM, FalcoLombardi said:

Simpsons Shitposting??

Anyway, regardless if Biden stays in the race or not I am voting against the Humanoid Orange Turd. Out of all the Liberals I know (most of my friends) they will be doing the same. There's one person I know who is definitely left leaning who is going to vote for RFK Jr (????). And then most of my co-workers are right leaning and are "Trump or die" so there's that...

Haha... nope.

Anyway: Another colleague is desperate to vote for RFK Jr - which is his right, but I wonder how many more stupid protest voters there are out there and how much damage they are going to do.