Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Yooka-Laylee

Wii

I double dipped on this for Xbox and OS4. Literally the worst decision ever :laughing: . 

It was bad enough the first time but that was prior to the patch which fixed things somewhat. It is a decent game in parts but there’s too many annoyances. 

I say this and in a moment of madness I’ll end up triple dipping so im gonna shut up now. 

7 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

I double dipped on this for Xbox and OS4. Literally the worst decision ever :laughing: . 

It was bad enough the first time but that was prior to the patch which fixed things somewhat. It is a decent game in parts but there’s too many annoyances. 

I say this and in a moment of madness I’ll end up triple dipping so im gonna shut up now. 

If it makes you feel any better, I'll be Quadruple-dipping... I have the PS4, Xbox One and physical PC version. :p

Technically it's even Quintuple-dipping if you count the 64-Bit Edition... but that's just an N64 box (a lovely one though) with a flash drive N64 cartridge which doesn't have the game on (obviously) but still. :)

My point is, it could be worse... ;)

• Haha 1

Essh, my mental limit was £25 tops, I'm really torn.

If I don't get it on Switch my chances of getting it completed are zilch, but it's dirt cheap elsewhere... I do want to play it in some capacity but I don't want to fall into the "support games on Nintendo consoles" trap with this when it's so bloody expensive 8 months after it was released.

4 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

If I don't get it on Switch my chances of getting it completed are zilch, but it's dirt cheap elsewhere... 

Dad life, eh..? :indeed:

I think I'm in a pretty similar boat (and I wasn't even prepared to go to £25 :heh: ) but we'll see what happens.

An extra few pound would get people Super Mario Odyssey so £34.99 feels like an extremely tough sell..

• Like 1

It’s an extremely impressive port! Looks nigh on identical to the other versions as far as I can tell, without a side by side comparison and the framerate is absolutely rock solid throughout the first world at least!

Really impressive stuff.  Playtonic certainly put the work in here!

• Like 1

Just now, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I actually just checked the store on my Xbox and it's £35 on there too...I know it's been on sale before but as a base price...too much.

Still, I've asked for eShop vouchers for Christmas so hopefully I'll pick this up on the day as my Xmas treat!

I'm sure its like £20 physical in a shop.

• Like 1