NEurope
Wii

Yooka-Laylee

2ed734d7bd8f65f10545f759184fb9ed_original.jpg

original.jpg

With the Kickstarter project having reached its £175,000 target in less than an hour, this game will now be coming to Wii U.

It's going to reach its second target of £275,000 right now.

Three minutes of very early Yooka-Laylee gameplay (Hands-on Impressions)

jpg

Playtonic talks a bit about bringing Yooka-Laylee to Wii U, still interested in amiibo

Playtonic intends to create 3D platformer Yooka-Laylee for various platforms, including Wii U. One of the reasons this has been made possible is due to the Unity engine (which the game is built on), as it allows for a great deal of flexibility. Playtonic may encounter some issues along the way, but the team is “looking forward” to bringing Yooka-Laylee to Nintendo’s console, and the team’s passionate Wii U technical director should help in getting it up and running.

The studio’s Gavin Price told MCV:

Our engine, Unity, is multi-platform. But we will see what happens when we try switching on all the dev kits we will be receiving in the future. We have still got that hurdle to come across. But we are looking forward to it. We have a very good technical director, and he is a big Wii U fan. So we will be looking for parity across all the platforms if we can. And it would be nice to take advantage of a few platform features or exclusive content.

The possibility of amiibo support is something that Playtonic has mentioned before. It’s something that the company still hopes to pursue, but there’s no news on that front just yet.

With any big company, these discussions don’t happen as fast as us as a team of seven would like. When we want to do something, we can do it tomorrow. But when you are working with partners, we have to work with them at their speed. So something in that area is still very much in our plans, and there is nothing that is impossible to overcome, so what we do with that we will reveal at the right time. But we know what our own expectations are, because we are fans of this stuff ourselves, so we know what is right and what is expected.

http://nintendoeverything.com/playtonic-talks-a-bit-about-bringing-yooka-laylee-to-wii-u-still-interested-in-amiibo/

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I was just about to do a thread here. Stretch goals:

• £175k: PC, MAC & Linux release day one (FUNDED)
  • £275k: A unique epic boss battle on every level (FUNDED)
  • £330k: A pre-final boss Quiz Show challenge level (FUNDED)
  • £395k: Transformations into 'unexpected things' with unique controls and abilities (FUNDED)
  • £435k: A mix of 2.5D and 3D mine cart sections (done by devs from Donkey Kong Country) (FUNDED)
  • £535k: A local co-op "buddy" mode (FUNDED)
  • £665k: A 2-4 player local multiplayer versus mode w/ 4 games (FUNDED)
  • £715k: Professional French, German, Spanish, and Italian translations (FUNDED)
  • £775k: Exclusive character designs from ex-Rare guest artists
  • £875k: 4 more multiplayer games
  • £1M: Simultaneous Wii U, Xbone & PS4 releases on day one

I went for the T-shirt edition. Tempted to go for the full physical edition.

Edit: Screw it, call me crazy, but I'm willing to spend £100 on this. Also, it means I can get it on PC and Wii U.

Edited by Cube

Dudes I am nerdgasming so hard right now. I've put down £35 so far but will probably up that to £70, maybe £90 for the tshirt.

The music! The hums and haws as they jump around. Mine cart levels as a stretch goal! Aaahhh

I just went for the £35 digital release, more because of lack of money on my end :p I've been wanting something like this for so long. There just hasn't been a decent platform game like this since Conker has there?

Never pledged on anything so quickly in my life.

I just went for the £35 digital release

The steam edition is only £10... and the console digital edition only £15?

The third stretch goal of £330,000 has now been passed.

The stretch goals will not be a problem :p I really hope they nail that deep, intertwining level design from the original BK. Banjo Tooie went bigger, but also more sparse. Click Clock Wood, Treasure Trove Cove and Freezeezy Peak remain three of my favourite levels of all time, in anything.

Never pledged on anything so quickly in my life.

The steam edition is only £10... and the console digital edition only £15?

The £35 gets you the digital soundtrack, artbook and the pre-release toybox.

It is irksome that we've to pledge £5 more for the console version.

Bleeding Norah, the Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter is not only live, but you’ve funded it before we could even press the ‘post’ button!

The Playtonic team would like to sincerely thank everyone who’s backed us so far. From day one your response to our studio has amazed us – and now we can give you a bigger game, on your games platform of choice.

But it’s not over yet: Crowdfunding can help us increase the scope of Yooka-Laylee even further, and if we do even better we’ll be able to deliver some absolute dream features like a fully orchestrated soundtrack and simultaneous, physical release on all platforms. Click over to Kickstarter to see our Stretch Goals – and thank you again for your support.

In case you missed the furore yesterday (and honestly, I’ve never used that word in a more suitable context) and are wondering what the bloody hell is going on, Yooka and Laylee are the new stars of our aptly titled 3D adventure, and we’re bringing them to consoles, PC, Mac and Linux in 2016!

The game is being created by a roster of core Banjo-Kazooie team members including Chris ‘ULTRA COMBO’ Sutherland, Steve ‘I made Banjo’ Mayles and Steven ‘hide a penis in my level’ Hurst. What’s more, we’ve got legendary composers David Wise (DKC), Grant Kirkhope (Banjo-Kazooie) and Steve Burke (Kameo) providing the tunes! What more could you possibly want, bar an amiibo? (Oops, did we say that out loud…)

By helping us create our dream game you can of course also nab yourself some nifty Yooka-Laylee swag, including an exclusive Insert Coin t-shirt, physical soundtrack and artbook and the soon-to-be-much-coveted 64-bit edition, complete with retro box and cartridge.

So what are you waiting for? Head over to our Kickstarter campaign. And when you’re done, click over to the Yooka-Laylee game page for a delicious selection of new art and see below for new videos from Eurogamer and Nintendo Life!

http://www.playtonicgames.com/were-live-n-kickstarting/

Edited by Wii

Just backed it. Super excited about this game, the visuals look excellent so far. Will be getting the Wii U version.

The N64 days were a pretty magical time and the work the Rare team did back then was fantastic.

Why Yooka-Laylee Is Basically Banjo-Kazooie 3 - IGN Conversation

[TWEET]594193191143874561[/TWEET]

Did I mention how hyped this has made me!?

I feel like I'm 9 all over again!

Too beautiful not to post :D

Puub.png

This thing is gonna hit £1 million before midnight, mark my words!

Sometimes good things do happen in this world :yay:

What on earth does this say about the industry, did it get the death of 3D platformers wrong?

Have Microsoft misjudged not using Conker/ Banjo more?

And how the bloody hell does a game raise £500,000 in a day?! Amazing scenes!

Think I'll be pledging the £15 to this, just secure my copy of the game, because if it carries on this way then chances are £15 will be a snip for the full game! :)

Edit: not even a day, hours!!

"Buddy" co-op mode unlocked (which sounds like Sonic 2 or Mario Galaxy).

Why so much multiplayer? Who wants that?

Too much a clone of Banjo-Kazooie. How great that game was, this doesn't need to mimick it in every way. But it does look good, I'll almost definitely buy it when it's out.

Lots of people loved it in Banjo-Tooie and DK64.

Too much a clone of Banjo-Kazooie. How great that game was, this doesn't need to mimick it in every way. But it does look good, I'll almost definitely buy it when it's out.

The multiplayer in Conker's Bad Fur Day and DK64 was amazing so I'm not adverse to so much multiplayer...

When I heard the soundtrack right at the beginning of the trailer, it immediately felt like Banjo-Kazooie!

Backed the whole project with 15 Pound, so I'll be getting my console version. :D I guess we'll soon see more stretch goals, as I suspect the 1.000.000 goal to be reached very soon. ;)

What on earth does this say about the industry, did it get the death of 3D platformers wrong?

Have Microsoft misjudged not using Conker/ Banjo more?

And how the bloody hell does a game raise £500,000 in a day?! Amazing scenes!

Think I'll be pledging the £15 to this, just secure my copy of the game, because if it carries on this way then chances are £15 will be a snip for the full game! :)

Edit: not even a day, hours!!

Indeed. Grant Kirkhope tweeted that he has been saying that the public wanted games like this for years but was shot down (obviously by Microsoft as he was working in Rare until last year).