N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

to offer my thoughts on this debate. I would always welcome a game with multiplayer as an option, I was going to buy Sniper 2 until I discovered it did not have online multiplayer. I play Nintendo Land with the wife and kids and it's fun, but online with you guys could be epic.

It goes back to the ago old problem that developers seem to think that everybody who plays Nintendo consoles are school kids. EA being the obvious example of a company that release dumbed down versions of games on Nintendo consoles then are shocked when they don't sell as well as other console versions .

Just to go back on the subject of Nintendo's advertising woes for a moment (although the topic of their online woes is just as interesting :hehe:) I had a go at making an advert for Wii U last night, it only took a couple of hours, oh and the budget was £0. :heh:

It's not intended to inform or sell the console to the casual market, which is obviously what Nintendo are trying to do with those Wii U difference ads (but I think they're wasting their time there anyway, as that audience is long gone and ain't coming back any time soon :blank:) instead it's an advert that targets the audience that I thought Nintendo were trying to recapture with Wii U in the first place. ::shrug:

So yeah, it focuses 100% on games.

No fool trying to be funny, eating a sandwich. :shakehead

No pretentious realistic vision of a "game world" malarkey. :indeed:

No endless CG with the disclaimer "not actual game footage" across the screen. icon13.gif

This is how I believe Nintendo needs to advertise the Wii U:

Yeah OK, not all of those titles are necessarily coming soon, but you get the idea. :laughing:

: peace:

A big improvement, and I like how (most of the time :heh:) the music fitted with the gameplay. Nicely done :)

Only minor tweak I would make - include the game titles. But perhaps that's more thinking "if this was a real commercial" rather than a 'sizzle reel', which it is more of.

Nice work. Yep, in the end it's all about the games, so cut the crap and focus on those.
Cheers. :)

Yeah, I don't get why so many video game adverts have to feature actors or GC these days, just show us the actual product... show us the games!

A big improvement, and I like how (most of the time :heh:) the music fitted with the gameplay. Nicely done :)
Thanks.

Most of the music fitting with the gameplay was accidental. :D

Only minor tweak I would make - include the game titles. But perhaps that's more thinking "if this was a real commercial" rather than a 'sizzle reel', which it is more of.
Yeah, I did try that, but it looked at bit messy on some of the footage. :hmm: If I could've got all of the gameplay without a HUD, it would've been OK.

Certainly better than anything Nintendo have done themselves..... everybody go tweet it to NoE and Nintendo UK ;)

A

Haha I was thinking the same

Yeah, I did try that, but it looked at bit messy on some of the footage. :hmm: If I could've got all of the gameplay without a HUD, it would've been OK.

Did you try maybe just putting up the logo for like half a second between the game switches?

Just to go back on the subject of Nintendo's advertising woes for a moment (although the topic of their online woes is just as interesting :hehe:) I had a go at making an advert for Wii U last night, it only took a couple of hours, oh and the budget was £0. :heh:

It's not intended to inform or sell the console to the casual market, which is obviously what Nintendo are trying to do with those Wii U difference ads (but I think they're wasting their time there anyway, as that audience is long gone and ain't coming back any time soon :blank:) instead it's an advert that targets the audience that I thought Nintendo were trying to recapture with Wii U in the first place. ::shrug:

So yeah, it focuses 100% on games.

No fool trying to be funny, eating a sandwich. :shakehead

No pretentious realistic vision of a "game world" malarkey. :indeed:

No endless CG with the disclaimer "not actual game footage" across the screen. icon13.gif

This is how I believe Nintendo needs to advertise the Wii U:

Yeah OK, not all of those titles are necessarily coming soon, but you get the idea. :laughing:

: peace:

Hahahaahhhaahha. The sad thing is that it is miles better than anything I've seen from Nintendo.

Also, you've made me want Sonic Lost World again. So, the advert works!

Also also, what's that third game after Lost World?

I was going to say "add the titles" and then I saw your post. Idea thief.

If that advert was going to be televised, I would also break it up into smaller ones. About 30 seconds long, but group the relevant games together. So, I'd put Bayonette, X and maybe something like Smash Bros. all together, then Mario Land, Mario Kart and maybe Smash Bros. again.

But, God, it can be done.

I hope somebody else tries to outdo you now.

A bit confusing, @RedShell.

I think an analogy or two would attract more attention.

And throw in some comedian who is sort of well known but not really to say 'Hi' in the camera a few times and talk about salt water taffy.

I'm thinking Rezourceman.

That'd get me to buy the console anyway.

Maybe a Ninja wank on top, who knows....

Nintendo's marketing plan:

1. Create bad low budget commericals
  2. Have fans create better adverts for free

aladdin-disney-jaw-dropping-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-204.gif

that trailer/advert is awesome @RedShell! if i had to make one change, i'd have had COD in there give something to the masses

That's a good idea.

Maybe even put Monster Hunter in there.

Then, Batman Origins.

You could even have that "groups" trailer I mentioned earlier focusing on 3rd party stuff, and then at the end of the Call of Duty: Ghosts trailer, you could mention that there's already one out for the Wii U that you can play now.

"Call of Duty: Ghosts OUT October blah blah.

And

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 OUT NOW."

I'm sending my Wii U and GamePad for repairs tomorrow. Is there any precautions I should take? I already have taken up the serial numbers on both, but what else?

I have only one account on my U, which is linked to my NNID, should I do something about that one? Game saves I probably should backup, just in case...

Anyway, the problem is the connection between my console and GamePad is interrupted from time to time for a few seconds, so they probably only change some wi-fi related parts. Nothing should disappear, but never say never.

Yeah, I don't get why so many video game adverts have to feature actors or GC these days, just show us the actual product... show us the games!

Thanks.

Most of the music fitting with the gameplay was accidental. :D

What about just something simple like this:

akv58p.jpg

Although obviously with more effort put into colour and size to make sure it stands out at all times and text actually fits. Was a rush job :p

what's that third game after Lost World?
Wii Party U.

What about just something simple like this:

akv58p.jpg

Although obviously with more effort put into colour and size to make sure it stands out at all times and text actually fits. Was a rush job :p

Yeah, experimented with that kind of thing too. In the end though I decided that it distracts a little from the game footage, so I decided to leave it without titles/logos. :)

Loving the music too.... where you get it?
It's a bonus track from the Wii U edition of Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

It's not even used in the game, just hidden in a sound test menu! :o

But yeah, great track. :awesome:

Take Mario Chase. 5 players, online.

1 playing as mario, 4 others as Toad with voice chat.... the overall concept of "Mario's view is different and the Toads have to communicate to corner Mario" is still the same. The same can be said for every other multiplayer game in NintendoLand.

My god, that would be amazing. Now imagine it with bigger maps.

If Nintendo don't put an online mode in Wii Sports U then they have lost the plot.

Wii Bowling online with voice chat. We could have an N-E bowling league!!!