Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

I really do believe the WiiU is pretty much something you only "get" when you actually hold it in your hands. I was very confused about the whole thing until I bought one. I have my WiiU for about 3 months now, and I already enjoyed it so much, I might even say I like it more already than the wii.

I really do believe the WiiU is pretty much something you only "get" when you actually hold it in your hands. I was very confused about the whole thing until I bought one. I have my WiiU for about 3 months now, and I already enjoyed it so much, I might even say I like it more already than the wii.

I kinda had this moment, but it stopped wow-ing me pretty fast after I had it. I fired it up for the first time on Thursday, and that's because I couldn't find my fricking Brawl disc ANYWHERE. Realised it was there, then popped it into the Wii.

My gaming's gone through the floor recently(handheld aside) - not touched any of the consoles(except Brawl due to company/the docu) but I doooooooo concur with the thoughts expressed about hands on, and think it's a worthy purchase at that price mr-paul. Just don't get frustrated with it if/when you get bored, it's just...how it is. Or maybe how I am. Damn getting older!

I kinda had this moment, but it stopped wow-ing me pretty fast after I had it. I fired it up for the first time on Thursday, and that's because I couldn't find my fricking Brawl disc ANYWHERE. Realised it was there, then popped it into the Wii.

My gaming's gone through the floor recently(handheld aside) - not touched any of the consoles(except Brawl due to company/the docu) but I doooooooo concur with the thoughts expressed about hands on, and think it's a worthy purchase at that price mr-paul. Just don't get frustrated with it if/when you get bored, it's just...how it is. Or maybe how I am. Damn getting older!

I'm very similar to you, Rummy (and I must stop following you to every thread :p) I've never been an extremely prolific buyer of games, but for the last few years my gaming activity has dwindled right down, yet has been revived this year by all the great stuff coming out on 3DS. I then couldn't turn down a PS3 with The Last of Us and GTA5 for £199. Along with PS Plus and Humble Bundles filled with games that I've never picked up (or even have a PC good enough to play!), i've never had so many games at my disposal, and now I'm adding to the pile even more.

Luckily I'm not the sort of person who gets too frustrated if there's not a new game out that I want. I know what the Wii U does, and I'm not going in with massive expectations about it's library. There's more to my life than gaming, but I know there'll always be something decent from Nintendo to play if it tickles my fancy.

Man, that looks wonderful. I'd be tempted to use a clear Wiimote jacket though to show off the blue back

You mean those jackets arent just part of the packaging that you take off and descard like bubble wrap (after you've popped teh bubbles of course)?

You guys seriously dont use them!? They make the Wiimote feel so much nicer! Especially when holding it sideways for NES-type controls, it gives a little handle on the left hand side

Definitely agree when using the remote NES style. It's good the pointer way, it's just a pain changing batteries or when your finished with the remote and want to turn of the remote but not the console.

Edited by Wii

Anybody else notice that the Nintendo Store is using the same commerce platform as The Hut Group? I was always under the impression that they created their own so either Nintendo have bought it off them or The Hut Group are on Nintendo's behalf (unlikely as I can't see anything mentioning them in the T&Cs). Either way it means I get the stupid bloody emails asking me if I was looking for items after I've viewed them. Not cool.