Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart 8

Ike

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More important than this game being released? Listen up people, this is the free game you all need, no must download unless of course you already own it. No excuses!

monster_hunter_3_ultimate_frontcover_large_Mi4OWmQ9QXrFxpf.jpg

Only possible selections I might accept are The Wonderful 101, The Wind Waker HD and Pikmin 3. Anything else and I will send Dire Miralis to hunt you down.

I know there were characters to be had. If it's got an unlockable I'll go for it but if it's doing something like time trials just to learn tricks or shortcuts I don't bother.

*sigh*

Do you not like competing with your friends for the best times?

Do you not like competing with your friends for the best times?

Nah, not really. I've never been a time trial sort of person. I push myself to 100% games but never really against others. Probably because to get good times you have to practice and apply yourself but I would rather finish the game 100% and then move on to the next. Too many good games out there for me to stick to just the one. :D

Nah, not really. I've never been a time trial sort of person. I push myself to 100% games but never really against others. Probably because to get good times you have to practice and apply yourself but I would rather finish the game 100% and then move on to the next. Too many good games out there for me to stick to just the one. :D

my fondest memories of smk incluyde my continual domination of my brother on time trial. He managed to pip me to the top spot on the odd occassion, but for the majority of tracks I managed to keep him off the top times list altogether :D

my fondest memories of smk incluyde my continual domination of my brother on time trial. He managed to pip me to the top spot on the odd occassion, but for the majority of tracks I managed to keep him off the top times list altogether :D

Yeah this was my youth too with my brother. Loved it! Would love to do the same with this!

How long are lobbies generally open for between games?

If it's just like the random games ( had a few earlier with welsh gamer ) it's about 30 seconds to a min long. People pick the tracks and the game starts. Probably can hold the timer in a private game I would imagine.

I was expecting the handling to be very similar to Mario Kart 7, surprised how different it is. It'll take some getting used to, along with only being able to hold 1 item at a time.

I thought this too Mandalore.

Very different handling. Almost a little bit slippery, definitely not as tight as MK7.

Although I remember feeling the same from Mario Kart DS to Mario Kart Wii.

I really don't like playing with the game pad. Looking forward to my pro controller arriving to play with that instead.

I love tootin the horn at the start of the race repeatedly until the '3...2...1... go' shows. :D

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!