Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

darkjak

I hope theres an "Art of Zelda (whatever its called)" book as it really does have some gorgeous art.

Was about to say the same, it's been beautiful so far!

The new in-game art style as a whole just looks so...real but distinctly game-like?

Lovely!

*waits for Gamexplain to do a 16 minute video analysing that image*

Well on the far left you can see a church is this a throw back to a link to the past? or given the near by sword in the ground the temple of time?

in the distance you see a large castle like structure that seems to have whisps of smoke coming out of it, but also several large oblong structures poking out of the ground towards it? what could this mean?

the classic death mountain is in the back

and i'm bored of playing gameexplain, i'll await their verison

It looks like there's quite a few tall watch tower type structures in this game, seems like they're giving us any excuse to drool over the overworld. Could work similar to the towers in Assassin's Creed/Watchdogs

Yeah, considering we've seen a book with a Sheikah looking eye with similar colour characteristics, I'd be surprised if these towers weren't linked to them in some way.

This game is looking beautiful from both the artwork and footage; bring on tomorrow!

I'm glad they release the full version of that artwork ^ I honestly was surprised people were praising it so highly, looked like some (admittedly good) fanart to me, but the full resolution version is much better.

Climbing though... one of those gaming tropes that you rarely actually enjoy doing :/ hope they have a suitable Nintendo approach that makes it fun :)

...Climbing though... one of those gaming tropes that you rarely actually enjoy doing :/ hope they have a suitable Nintendo approach that makes it fun :)

Speed-climbing... ::shrug:

I hope they get the animation in the game right, I don't want immersion to be broken because it looks too rigid. It's one of the only things that irks me with recent home console Zelda games.