NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

Do you guys actually use horses? Don't seen the point. If there's a large flat expanse you can usually warp across it and I always seemed to be travelling at an angle that a horse could not traverse.

To be honest, no. It's a game that needs every square inch to be examined (if you want to find all the secrets), so initially getting somewhere faster on horseback would just make me feel I'd missed something. After that, as you say, you can use the shrines.

I have three horses, one being the giant horse you can get for a side quest. Apart from when I just want to ride a horse for a few minutes of fun, I'm always just running around on foot. Even when I want to traverse half the map to where I need to get to I'll just walk/paraglide there.

Finished off the Gerudo divine Beast on Friday after getting side tracked. Finished the Rito yesterday. The Rito area felt way too short. I wonder if the Rito were designed to be done first or they ran out of time, it was the weakest dungeon as well it was way too straightforward.

Just need to finish up the rest of the Shrines (I've done about 85 so far) and find the last 2 memories.

I just defeated Ganon, loved the battle. Died on the final bit once but then managed to do it the second time.

Really enjoying the game and will now go back and explore the rest of the world. I have one area to map and a few that I really haven't explored. I'm on about 75 shrines and need 2 or 3 memories.

Does anyone know of a good cooking guide?

I would like to know of some good recipes or elixirs to make.

I just defeated Ganon, loved the battle. Died on the final bit once but then managed to do it the second time.

Really enjoying the game and will now go back and explore the rest of the world. I have one area to map and a few that I really haven't explored. I'm on about 75 shrines and need 2 or 3 memories.

Anything with Hearty ingredients will refill your health to max and give you temporary hearts.

As Glen-I says, anything Hearty is good.

I'd also add defence- or attack-boosting recipes. If you're wearing very defensive armour (eg. Soldier's), collect five attack-boosting items (ie. "Mighty") and cook them all together. It will give you the 3-star attack boost.

If you're wearing the Barbarian Armour (recommended), that has an in-built attack boost anyway, so concentrate on defence. I like to get five Ironshrooms and cook them.

Really enjoying the game and will now go back and explore the rest of the world. I have one area to map and a few that I really haven't explored. I'm on about 75 shrines and need 2 or 3 memories..

I thought I was done with Breath of the Wild after beating Calamity Ganon but I'm finding that I have a strange lack of desire to play any of my other consoles right now and just want to play the Switch even though I have nothing else to play other than Snipperclips :heh:

With that in mind, I have returned to Hyrule to hunt down a few more shrines as I only beat the game having completed 44 of them. I'm now up to 45 but it amazes me how hard it seems to be to stumble across one considering I still have 75 to uncover :blank:

I thought I was done with Breath of the Wild after beating Calamity Ganon but I'm finding that I have a strange lack of desire to play any of my other consoles right now and just want to play the Switch even though I have nothing else to play other than Snipperclips :heh:

With that in mind, I have returned to Hyrule to hunt down a few more shrines as I only beat the game having completed 44 of them. I'm now up to 45 but it amazes me how hard it seems to be to stumble across one considering I still have 75 to uncover :blank:

Have you done many side quests at all?

I've found that hunting for things in side quests has helped tremendously with that; for example looking for Leviathan bones in the Hebra mountains my shrine sensor was going off constantly, found 10 without even finding the bloody bones themselves!!

Progress update:

35 hours in, 40 Shrines done, currently trying to find great fairies and upgrade armour as well as completing side quests.. Haven't bothered with any of the divine beasts so far and still managing to enjoy myself!

Very keen to explore more of the world, there are still a couple more towers at least that I need to climb too.

Glad that I'm taking my time with this game - after all there isn't much else to play on the Switch :blank::)

My progress:

~45 hours, 60 shrines, 9 hearts, 3 full stamina wheels, 1 divine beast, 101 korok seeds, 5 memories, most of the map unlocked. Currently getting some more hearts before attempting the camel, since its boss is supposed to be hard. I've found 2 great fairies and one horse god "fairy".

Well i got all 120 shrines, i kept going to points where there was a gap in shrines and exploring, my 120'th shrine was a bitch to find until i realised i had one shrine quest uncomplete (the lost brother?)

Now i'm just farming monster parts so i can upgrade my tunic, surprisingly Dragon parts are easy enough, its finding about 20 bits of honey! jesus

i can't be bothered with korok seeds, if you could track them i'd bother but right now i've got 120 odd of em and its enough inventory space for me, if with the DLC they let you track them then i might bother

I don't want the game to end though! i've had so much fun with this game. I remember what i wanted this game to be; a zelda take on the skyrim world with mixes of other bits and pieces and boy did i get that, this game surpasses Skyrim, theres only one game with a better open world i can think of and even it could take queues from Zelda (and likewise for Zelda)

now i've just got one problem, i realise it will be atleast 4 more years before i get a zelda game and boy is there one hell of a bar to reach

My progress:

~45 hours, 60 shrines, 9 hearts, 3 full stamina wheels, 1 divine beast, 101 korok seeds, 5 memories, most of the map unlocked. Currently getting some more hearts before attempting the camel, since its boss is supposed to be hard. I've found 2 great fairies and one horse god "fairy".

Did you focus all your shrine action on upgrading your stamina?!

Taking your 60 shrines divided by 4 = 15.

Going from 3 to 8 hearts (avoiding one for the one Divine Beast) being 5 loads of Orbs.

40 Shrines on just Stamina?! How long are you intending to run for?!

I don't even have 1 additional Stamina wheel and I can get everywhere just fine - Rivali's Gale is also quality for this.

Did you focus all your shrine action on upgrading your stamina?!

Taking your 60 shrines divided by 4 = 15.

Going from 3 to 8 hearts (avoiding one for the one Divine Beast) being 5 loads of Orbs.

40 Shrines on just Stamina?! How long are you intending to run for?!

I don't even have 1 additional Stamina wheel and I can get everywhere just fine - Rivali's Gale is also quality for this.

In short, yes, I did. :P Upgraded enough hearts to not get one-shot by normal enemies, and then I hated not being able to scale certain mountains without eating a lot of stamina-food. Cooking is boring.

And since my goal is to get all Shrines anyway, I will get fuil stamina and full hearts at some point so I just upgraded stamina to be able to move around freely. The upgrade from 2 to 3 wheels didn't feel as needed, though.

I've got one extra stamina wheel which is proving to be just fine for my needs at the mo. Currently ploughing all orbs into heart containers so I can get a certain item....

I didn't even realise until towards getting said item that I would require much life. I think I was on one row and 1-2 which was enough to get it.

I didn't even realise until towards getting said item that I would require much life. I think I was on one row and 1-2 which was enough to get it.

Managed to find myself near Hyrule Castle so I went ahead and got the Hylian Shield hehe. I shall enjoy surfing with it!

Also fully levelled up my stealth armour. Anyone else absolutely love the look of the outfit? I always have it on and only change when climbing (into the climbing gear obvs).

Think its about time I should tackle my first divine beast!

Managed to find myself near Hyrule Castle so I went ahead and got the Hylian Shield hehe. I shall enjoy surfing with it!

When I was fapping around Hyrule Castle towards the end I sadly never came across the Hylian Shield. However I rarely used shields as standing on high and throwing bombs was a much safer way of whittling down enemies health before you can lay into them to kill them straight away.

Can the Hylian Shield break or does it go through a "recharge" bullshit like the Master Sword - which I don't get, sure it may not be able to "repel evil" as it did before, but it's still a sword, lemme swing that bitch.

When I was fapping around Hyrule Castle towards the end I sadly never came across the Hylian Shield. However I rarely used shields as standing on high and throwing bombs was a much safer way of whittling down enemies health before you can lay into them to kill them straight away.

Can the Hylian Shield break or does it go through a "recharge" bullshit like the Master Sword - which I don't get, sure it may not be able to "repel evil" as it did before, but it's still a sword, lemme swing that bitch.

It can break, but it lasts for an incredibly long time and when it does you can buy a new one,

It can break, but it lasts for an incredibly long time and when it does you can buy a new one,

Ever since obtaining the Hylian Shield it has made me want to do that huge sidequest so that I can repurchase stuff like that when it inevitably breaks, I haven't even done the first part yet though as I keep getting distracted by other stuff in the vast overworld. :D

I kinda lost the Zora trident thing and although I could've gotten some ingredients to get another one forged, but couldn't be arsed. It wasn't that good.

I kinda lost the Zora trident thing and although I could've gotten some ingredients to get another one forged, but couldn't be arsed. It wasn't that good.

Yeah, it's not good really. I have the Champions' weapons on the wall of my house in the game. There are far better weapons out there than them.

I quite like the sword on the top of the tower next to that wood... pretty vague description but I forget the names of places :/ lost woods or something like that? It seems to respawn often enough too :)

And since my goal is to get all Shrines anyway, I will get fuil stamina and full hearts at some point so I just upgraded stamina to be able to move around freely.

No you won't.

No you won't.

Why? I have 60 shrines left - that's 15 hearts, not including the ones I get for defeating the bosses in the divine beasts. So unless you can get much more than 20 hearts (breaking the formula, Aonuma!) then I get enough hearts.

Otherwise I can just visit the statue in Hateno Village to remap my Spirit Orbs if I understood that statue correctly.

Why? I have 60 shrines left - that's 15 hearts, not including the ones I get for defeating the bosses in the divine beasts. So unless you can get much more than 20 hearts (breaking the formula, Aonuma!) then I get enough hearts.

Otherwise I can just visit the statue in Hateno Village to remap my Spirit Orbs if I understood that statue correctly.

You can only max out hearts or stamina, theres only enough shrines for that

I have max stamina (three wheels) and 17 hearts(out of 20 max), like whise you could choose 20 hearts and then have three less segments of stamina

So i properly went through Hyrule Castle last night, took on Ganon and completed the game! WOW it was amazing, brilliant game from start to finish, its a close to perfect as i think a Zelda game could be.

In a weird way i found the final bosses quite easy, not because they were easy, just by the time i reached them i'd be come quite adept at fighting (although bloody Lynels are still awkward to fight), Perfect Block is by far the most useful skill and makes anything that fires lasers very easy to stagger and hit

And now i realise its over i feel sad, roll on the Story DLC!