N-Europe

Xbox One Console Discussion

Cube

There is so much BS across the internet regarding all the consoles, I though I would would try and bring us all back to the real world with some hard facts.

1: Xbox One WILL sell well in USA

2: Xbox One WILL NOT sell well in Asia

3: We are in a recession, therefore ALL consoles will sell less units than their previous iterations

4: Sony fanboys WILL buy PS4, Microsoft fanboys WILL buy Xbox One, Nintendo fanboys WILL buy Wii U.

Some of my personal observations are as follows:

1: Xbox Live subscription, no used games and to a much lesser extent, always online can only have a negative impact on Xbox One sales.

2: Kinect 2 no matter how much improved on Kinect 1 only really works on Just Dance & Fitness games. On ALL other games a motion controller or standard controller work better.

3: The addition of Blu-Ray, Lovefilm, Netflix, Skype etc are far less of a selling point than on the previous generation of consoles as these are already widely available on other forms of medium.

what are you disputing and based upon what?

Why even bother joining the debate if you are not going to add anything to it?

They're not facts. They're predictions, therefore opinions. Your predictions are likely to happen, so it might sound like he's being anal at first, but stating your opinion as fact is still an unpleasant thing to do.

And then there's another thing: exactly what sort of "BS across the internet" were you trying to disprove?

what are you disputing and based upon what?

Why even bother joining the debate if you are not going to add anything to it?

You started off moaning about all the BS on the Internet about the consoles but then went on to state predictions as "hard facts" which undermines any points you were trying to make.

They may well be based on sales figures which are facts but you cannot state something as fact if it hasnt happened yet.

Also, this is a public forum and I was just simply posting. Not everything has to be about joining some debate that you decided to have.

This part from a post Ash made on the previous page

"The patent also includes the possibility of detecting how many people are watching, and charging an additional fee per viewer or over a certain number. "

I know MS said they "apply for patents that don't always go into production"

But I'm just wondering (in general) what kind of media that is viewed on a home TV has a limit on the number of people that would be able to watch it that made them think of adding such a feature to Kinect 2.0?

"The patent also includes the possibility of detecting how many people are watching, and charging an additional fee per viewer or over a certain number. "

But I'm just wondering (in general) what kind of media that is viewed on a home TV has a limit on the number of people that would be able to watch it that made them think of adding such a feature to Kinect 2.0?

When that patent was originally filed and talked about it was for Kinect to be able to detect the ages of people watching or playing certain things and possibly stop if they werent old enough.

When that patent was originally filed and talked about it was for Kinect to be able to detect the ages of people watching or playing certain things and possibly stop if they werent old enough.

But with some people looking younger or older, it would be a little tricky (unless thats taken into account) for Kinect to detect ages of people. Would be interesting to see if a message pops up on-screen

"The person 3 in from the left is not old enough, they look under 16. Please advise them to leave the room then say "Xbox play" so the system can re-scan before playback commences"

But with some people looking younger or older, it would be a little tricky (unless thats taken into account) for Kinect to detect ages of people. Would be interesting to see if a message pops up on-screen

"The person 3 in from the left is not old enough, they look under 16. Please advise them to leave the room then say "Xbox play" so the system can re-scan before playback commences"

I didnt say it would work, just saying what they claimed the original point of the patent was compared to what they are saying now.

I didnt say it would work, just saying what they claimed the original point of the patent was compared to what they are saying now.

It may work with Kinect 2, but Kinect one certainly strugged to understand voice commands. Would be an interesting feature if installed, and again another nail into the reasons to avoid.

Its certainly been an interesting reveal. A completely different approach from the past xbox consoles. The contrast between this showing and the PS4 is huge. So many differences. The way the games were shown, the features, the specs, the developers, publishers, TV, buzzwords etc.

Say 4-5 families are watching a movie in one location. A classroom is another example. Kinect could help with violation of public viewing agreements? There is also a Xbone patent for tracking advert viewing with achievements and rewards. Many companies will be excited for this data.

The genius of Microsoft just keeps on coming

Microsoft files complaint to go after XboxOne.com, XboxOne Twitter account

Who owns "XboxOne.com," "XboxOne.net" and the @XboxOne Twitter account? It’s not who you think.

Microsoft filed a complaint last week with the National Arbitration Forum (NAF), the regulatory body that oversees internet domain names, asking that the sites associated with the company’s newly revealed Xbox One device be turned over to Microsoft. The case was first reported by the video game news site Fusible.

The case is currently listed in the NAF database as “pending.”

This appears to be a case of “cybersquatting,” where someone buys a domain name he or she intends not to use, hoping that eventually a company or person affiliated with the domain will be willing to buy it.

Currently, the XboxOne sites don’t go anywhere, and it appears a British man grabbed the URLs at the end of 2011, long before the Xbox One was announced.

In fact, Microsoft didn’t even register the Xbox One trademark until May 21, the day it launched the entertainment system in Redmond.

At this point, the complaint has likely been sent to the domain owner, who will have 20 days to respond after the complaint is accepted by the NAF.

Then the case could go to an arbitrator who would help the parties work out a deal. Microsoft could also sue the domain’s owner in the U.S. under the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act, which was designed to protect corporate trademarks from being used to scam people by impersonating a company.

Facebook used the law earlier this year to successfully sue a group impersonating the social network on the site Fakebook.com, and it was awarded $2.8 million. Apple has also been aggressive in pursuing domain squatters.

But the domain holder in the Xbox One case has not tried to impersonate Microsoft, so it could be more difficult for the company to argue it has been damaged in this case.

Microsoft can file a trademark complaint with Twitter, as well. Twitter has a pretty clear trademark policy, stating that Twitter accounts attempting to mislead followers by using a company’s trademark are against the rules. As it currently stands, the @XboxOne account has not tweeted nor does it follow anyone, so it is not in violation of that rule at the moment.

The Twitter policy also states that “Twitter usernames are provided on a first-come, first-served basis and may not be reserved.” So Microsoft may be out of luck on that one.

Neither Microsoft or the NAF has responded to requests for comment.

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/blog/techflash/2013/05/microsoft-doesnt-own-xboxonecom.html?page=all

They're not facts. They're predictions, therefore opinions. Your predictions are likely to happen, so it might sound like he's being anal at first, but stating your opinion as fact is still an unpleasant thing to do.

And then there's another thing: exactly what sort of "BS across the internet" were you trying to disprove?

The Sun will rise in the morning it has not happened yet but it's not an opinion it's a fact.

I was not trying to disprove anything, just trying to keep it real instead of pointless uninformed comments you read everywhere. And why on earth is stating an opinion unpleasant?

Happenstance is absolutely correct: it is induction you are using (the slightly-less-credible brother of deduction).

I was not trying to disprove anything, just trying to keep it real instead of pointless uninformed comments you read everywhere.

Yes, my point is, what are these comments? What did they say? I don't know what is this "everywhere" you speak of. Is it this thread? Neogaf? Some other place?

Did they say that the Xbox One is going to fail? Did they say it will still sell? What is it you were discussing in the first place? You just came in and stated your "facts" that don't even lead to a concrete point from which we can infer the subject.

I can see it now. xboxone parties where everyone is dressed like furniture.

Surely if Xbone stopped you watching because there were too many people in the room, you would just watch it 'not' through the Xbone?

It would likely only work with stuff purchased from the XBone marketplace. So if restrictions like that would apply, people would probably not purchase from the XBone marketplace.

It's a patent. Don't read into anything said in a patent until it is announced as a product. Patents are filed all the time purely to stop other companies doing them.