N-Europe

Pokemon X & Y

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we just take a minute to discuss the amazingness of the music in this game?!

I am not normally one for sound tracks of games, or gaming music - but this is jam packed with funky beats and exciting battle tunes!

I usually whack my iPod in when I'm playing Pokémon and play silently - but with the updated Pokémon cry's and great sound track I'm whacking the headphones into my 3ds and turning the volume up!

I also LOVE how Pikachu bursts out of his Poké ball and we get 'Pika Pika!' YES. And how adorable he is when he faints too. Gotta love him! :D

I must have spent over an hour earlier just making a Trainer PR Video. :hehe:

Such an entertaining feature. icon14.gif

But yeah, having played this for a few hours now, I definitely don't buy the "technical reasons" behind the limited use of 3D. The game looks nice, but I reckon it's miles away from pushing the 3DS hardware to its limits. :nono:

Also, there are many areas and camera angles whilst in the overworld that were undoubtedly designed with S3D in mind, so I reckon they made the switch to 2D quite late in development.

Anyway, game still looks great, and has some really nice little details here and there. I like how your character can be seen putting stuff in the bag, and how he crouches slightly when talking to kids. Really cute. :)

Also noticed there's a motion blur/depth of field effect as you rotate the camera in certain locations. :awesome:

Pokemon centre music is amazing. Not too fussed on the gym battle music. There's an amazing remix later on which I won't spoil. ;) Noticed the battle music isn't adaptive anymore and the annoying beep is is back when your health is red. :(

Beat the first gym just before the battery turned red. Managed to explore route 4 a bit. First wild Combed was female which has a pretty low rate so that was pleasant.

You can drag and drop Pokemon in the menu if you "long press" them.

Oh and you can access your Pokemon box if an NPC wants to trade. Guessing it works that way with nearby people.

Yeah I had to stop earlier when my battery was red and then I had to eat and get to tennis until 10pm.

Might fire it up again now for a bit before zzzz's.

I had just chosen Bulbasaur from the original line up selection - but wondered if I made the right decision. I think I have, as I've never been a massive Charizard fan due to its dual type (fire/flying sucks). And I started with Froakie so Squirtle was out of the equation (which upset me lol as he was my original choice all those years ago)!

I need to buy the official guide really as I think they are absolutely brilliant for items, what type of Pokemon you can catch in the area and they have some lovely map artwork usually.

Does anyone know if GAME and such will be selling them in store tomorrow? Or is it literally gonna be the 12th as per the official release? I think I know it's gonna be 12th, but thought I'd ask anyway!

Amazon have told me my version is on its way. Gonna have to propose now on Harvest Moon to keep me interested when I get back to it.

I know (Or hope) this is just a partial list: http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml but the scarceness of electric Pokémon in this list is concerning.

MEGA TYRANITAR AND MEGA AGGRON?!

1095052_10200663816701684_1050033366_n.jpg

I FUCKING HOPE SO.

(although continues to water down the list of "new" Pokémon on offer.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

No game.co. Uk postage reports ?

Mine was either shipped Thursday or Wednesday. it was definitely processing Wednesday, and could have been sent later that day. Course, that means nothing; as I said in an earlier post, I may not see this game until monday or later (if at all). Used to get insane post with lighting fast delivery and no wrong addresses; now it's like someone's put a bloody curse on the house!

I managed to get a quick session on this before going to work. I'm heading for the 2nd Gym and still haven't seen Pancham anywhere. :(

I'm still loving the always online feature on the game. I sent a few random people a catching boost which then leveled it up to level 2. A few of them returned the favour as well.

I must have spent over an hour earlier just making a Trainer PR Video. :hehe:

Such an entertaining feature. icon14.gif

When I came across this you were the first person that came to mind. I said to myself "I bet RedShell spends ages using this." Guess I was right. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time
Automerged Doublepost

I managed to get a quick session on this before going to work. I'm heading for the 2nd Gym and still haven't seen Pancham anywhere. :(
Just caught one of those a minute ago. Let me know if you want it. :)

When I came across this you were the first person that came to mind. I said to myself "I bet RedShell spends ages using this." Guess I was right. :D
You were indeed right. :grin:

*EDIT*

Has there been a change to the way you get boosted Exp in this game? Noticed my Bunnelby was getting boosted Exp, but it's not a traded Pokémon, or holding a special item. ::shrug:

Also, you never used to get Exp just for catching another Pokémon, did you?

Edited by RedShell

Stayed up way too late playing this last night. :p Nothing better than a brand new Pokemon game where you don't know anything about it.

Basically just picked up Charmander but I'm going to end up with 3 fire types on my team unless I change it up.

Anyone else find the trip from gym 1 to 2 incredibly long?

My team after gym 2:

Bagon

Frogadier

Tyrunt

Snorlax

Honedge

Charmeleon

What? Bagon and Snorlax already? Going to have to rethink my team!

Also, you never used to get Exp just for catching another Pokémon, did you?

Nah, it's new.

Kinda liking the new EXP Share, means I never have to use my Scatterbug which is totally useless. :p

Edited by Ike
Share, not spare >.<

Finally started playing... OH MY GOD POKEMON IN THREE DEE!!!

It feels really surreal seeing the professor's introduction. Growing up, I always wondered what that scene might actually look like in real life, instead of it being just a representation of your introduction; and now I know :D (It turns out to be a lot like Zelda Phantom Hourglass' intro!)

Just walked out of my door and am already overwhelmed with the prospect of a fully 3D Pokemon (not to mention the billion different options on that bottom screen - looking forward to digging through those!), it's weird seeing everything realised in 3D when you grew up wishing to see what Pokemon would look like in full pologonal 3D!

The camera work so far is really good, the intro cutscene was very impressive! (that being said though, I do find myself wishing that I could move the camera around or look in 1st person...), nice to see that Game Freak aren't afraid of using lots of dynamic camera angles throughout!

Ok, time to shut up and actually play the game :blush: