Pancake

How many sugars?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many sugars?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting sugar in masks the taste of tea. You are drinking tea because you like the taste of tea, right? :p

The same could be said with putting salt on food. Do you have salt/vinegar/ketchup with your chips? Do you use any seasoning/condiments/flavouring at all? Why would you mask the taste of the food?

The same could be said with putting salt on food. Do you have salt/vinegar/ketchup with your chips? Do you use any seasoning/condiments/flavouring at all? Why would you mask the taste of the food?

That's a fair point but I would say it works a little different with liquids. If you mix a lot of something overpowering into a drink, because it's a liquid it dissolves evenly and can mask the taste of the whole drink. When I dip a chip in ketchup, I tend to be able to pick them both out much more easily.

I have two sugars in my tea. Love the stuff. I sometimes don't put any in, but it tastes better with it.

It doesn't really take anything away from its natural flavour, just makes it a tiny bit sweeter for me. A lot of the stuff gets made at work, and I definitely need it to keep me going. :laughing:

I tend to make my tea rather strong, it has to have brewed for a good few minutes before I even consider adding milk and even then it's literally...

'A thimble's worth of milk can touch beverages larger than a thimble.'

[/JoannaNewsominspiredreference]

:heh:

But seriously, I really like the taste of tea as it is and I find that just a splash of milk is enough because if you add too much that it tends to taint the whole cup and as for adding sugar... it just feels unnecessary to me. :blank:

That's a fair point but I would say it works a little different with liquids. If you mix a lot of something overpowering into a drink, because it's a liquid it dissolves evenly and can mask the taste of the whole drink.

You make it sound as if a single grain of sugar can overpower an entire cup of tea. This simply is not the case.

Sweeteners are actually worse for your body than sugar is....

Aside from a study of rats that repeats of which show no ill effects, and a study of pregnant women with more holes than the plot of the remake of The Wicker Man, what is there to demonstrate this?

Aside from a study of rats that repeats of which show no ill effects, and a study of pregnant women with more holes than the plot of the remake of The Wicker Man, what is there to demonstrate this?

Well there is a proper one for Diet Soda, with daily consumption creating a 61% higher risk of negative vascular events such as strokes and heart attacks.

Reference

Gardener H, Rundek T, Wright C, et al. Soda Consumption and risk of vascular events in the Northern Manhattan Study. International Stroke Conference 2011; February 9, 2011; Los Angeles, CA. Presentation Th P55.

Additionally I hate tea and coffee so I voted 0.

Depends on the tea. Normal black tea, Assam I think, I have with one sugar and a very little milk. Though I usually leave the bag in for 4 minutes so the taste of the tea is a little bit stronger and works well with a little sugar.

Earl grey I have completely black and brew loose. Shit's god tier.

Green I have as is, though a little bit of honey is good every now and then.

Yerba mate tastes fucking horrible with sugar. It's a bit of an acquired taste as it is, I'm not pushing it any further.

Iced tea? You best believe you need some sugar in that shit nigguh.