Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2012/2013

Dog-amoto

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moyes would be hilarious, but just can't see it. He's not a great manager in the slightest. Most Everton fans don't even rate him. People talk about what he's achieved spending little, he's spent more than people think - Jelavic, Fellaini etc weren't cheap! If they get Moyes I really think it will set them back; just can't see it. Mourinho all the way.

Turbulent year ahead, new managers for man u and chelsea. Probably man city too, and rumours even Wenger. Don't want to get too carried away but I really feel this could be opening for Spurs to pounce; Bale stays on, AVB gets to mould team more in his image and get rid of some of the dross... Especially if we get champions league and the quality of player we get in would be stronger...

God, whoever takes that job is brave. Big shoes to fill.

Big Shoes indeed.

red-wing-shoes-worlds-largest-boot.jpg

They've probably been preparing for this day for some time. SAF may also have given the club some names to consider. At the very least they have time to appoint a manager.

He's not a great manager in the slightest. Most Everton fans don't even rate him.

Really? From what I can see he's built a very good squad, hasn't spent nearly as much money as other clubs near them in the table yet still getting the results.

Above their main rivals in the table and look how much they spent. He's a great manager.

Moyes would be hilarious, but just can't see it. He's not a great manager in the slightest. Most Everton fans don't even rate him. People talk about what he's achieved spending little, he's spent more than people think - Jelavic, Fellaini etc weren't cheap! If they get Moyes I really think it will set them back; just can't see it. Mourinho all the way.

I think Moyes has done a fair job in the time he has been at Everton, kept them stable and in the prem which is important, but I agree I can't see it either. I mean Fergie was in a fairly similar situation at Aberdeen and took them to European trophies, league titles etc, so although he took awhile to get Utd going, he had proven silverware pedigree. Has to be Mourinho in my book, Guardiola may be feeling a bit rueful too (not that he's inheriting a bad squad...)

Not a Utd fan but this feels so weird. Since following football all I have ever known is Manchester United to dominate the premiership, must be like the era before mine just accepting that Liverpool were the best team in England. Will be weird, if this does derail them, trying to explain in years to come how Utd were a juggernaut for 20 years. And looking back through archives and records, surely we have lived through the era of the greatest manager in the history of the English game.

And to think his first game was at my beloved Oxford United :D

And to think his first game was at my beloved Oxford United :D

Well!! You kept that quiet! Never revealed that you are an Oxford fan. Makes a change finding a football fan on here following a non established prem team when they are not from the area :o

We may be nicking your manager.

Well!! You kept that quiet! Never revealed that you are an Oxford fan. Makes a change finding a football fan on here following a non established prem team when they are not from the area :o

We may be nicking your manager.

Haha well I'm not one to boast...;) no to be fair I've only been to one of their games this season now I'm living in London, so doesn't feel right banging on about them when I barely get down there, always following them though! :D

Wouldn't be surprised, we started really well last season, he got linked with the Coventry job then we nose dived and only started to pull it back towards the end, too little too late. I think he needs and deserves a new challenge really, could be the man to get the blades into the promised land!

I went to bed with a bad feeling that this would turn out to be true, and was devastated when I saw the news in work. Can't begrudge him his retirement as he has been absolutely colossal for the club, but it's going to be strange seeing somebody else take charge of this team.

I've been a fan since of United since I first took any interest in football, which was about 4 and throughout all of my life he has always been at that club, on the touchline. It's...an odd feeling to know he won't be in charge any more. By some distance, the best manager of a football club the world has ever seen. I'm sad that this chapter is coming to a close.

Turbulent year ahead, new managers for man u and chelsea. Probably man city too, and rumours even Wenger. Don't want to get too carried away but I really feel this could be opening for Spurs to pounce; Bale stays on, AVB gets to mould team more in his image and get rid of some of the dross... Especially if we get champions league and the quality of player we get in would be stronger...

You're being very harsh on Moyes there. He IS a great manager and has shown fantastic loyalty to his club and has an excellent manner about him. You never really hear of dressing room bust ups or any signs of trouble. He has his team well disciplined. If anybody has earned a shot at winning the league or another major trophy, it's him. He's also built an excellent Everton team that is only lacking a striker and some squad depth.

Joke from teh BBC comments section;

"With Maggie dead and Fergie in retirement, somewhere out there is a scouser with a lamp and one wish left"

It's also funny because most people would generally wish for their own success, whereas a scouser just wishes for others to fail as badly as they do.

Supposed to be a great game, Chelsea winning 2-1 at half time now.

I'd watch it but MH3U is calling me!

SHAME ON YOU.

Also, CBA to quote but Dazzybee is already believing Spurs are going to win the league next season and it hasn't even started yet. That's even worse than usual. ::shrug:

Good day, Ferguson retires and Moyes replaces him. Don't rate Moyes that much at all. :)

But seriously, i hate fergie, but his achievements are remarkable.

Question for United fans, do you think he might feel slightly disappointed at only winning 2 European cups in 26 years?

In fairness I'm pretty sure he will have been devastated at the exit to Real Madrid this season, all things considered.

"Sad to hear Fergie is retiring, I loved the Black Eyed Peas." :heh:

I don't have any original opinions on the matter. David Moyes seems like a good replacement.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!