NEurope
Nintendohnut

The Apple Thread

Is anyone ordering one early tomorrow morning then?!

I can't decide whether to pull the trigger or not. I also don't know what colour to go for...

I had the white 4 and currently have a black 4S - and normally alternate each time. However the black is looking quite sexy right now, so not sure what to choose! Definitely going for 32gb though. Makes it less painful now the 16gb has had a £30 price hike too!

It's really tricky. I have a 4s do I really want to spend hundred odd quid upgrading that to the 5? Probably yeah. It being slightly bigger (having mor eickns on screen is best use for me) is good, it being loads faster is good, battery being. Lkttle better. It's all improvements and it's the best phone on the market so why not? Just could've been a little more. And Siri better bastard work now.

I've had my iPhone 4 since a few weeks after launch. I'm ready for the iPhone 5 in the next few months - even if I do think the elongated screen looks a little bit horrible. It'll be worth the upgrade for a new battery and improved performance. I don't need any other features, the phone does everything I need it to.

I'm very easily pleased.

So I managed to bag an order this morning for delivery next week :).

Went for black and decided on 32gb this time given that my music is totalling on iTunes at 16gb alone! It was getting to the point where whenever I wanted to take a picture I had to delete an album off my phone. Not how I want to roll haha.

So the 32 will definitley tide me over now!

Excited to get my hands on it now.

Not so excited about the nano sim situation - would appear some companies (3) are dishing them out now, others like my network (Vodafone) are claiming they do not have the nano sims and wont for 1-2 weeks. Which isn't good lol.

So I'll just have to wait and see!

Went for black and decided on 32gb this time given that my music is totalling on iTunes at 16gb alone! It was getting to the point where whenever I wanted to take a picture I had to delete an album off my phone. Not how I want to roll haha.

So the 32 will definitley tide me over now!

But you know you're just going to fill it up with twice as much music and end up having the same problem! :p

Not possible unless I plan to purchase around 2000 songs in the next year or so - which isn't likely given I also have a Spotify premium account.

Not too sure whether too upgrade. I'd need to get the 64 gb version and I can't justify the price for what it overs my current 64gb 4S.

Thought this was quite funny. The public's reaction to the 'new' iPhone.

that is quite scary and yet telling of some of today's technological fanboys

that is quite scary and yet telling of some of today's technological fanboys

I don't know about fanboys specifically. I suspect a fanboy would actually know that it wasn't the iPhone 5. It says a lot about how stupid people are, though. And about how willing people are to believe a guy with a microphone.

The guy who literally owns the 4S is the stupidest one there. I mean, seriously? He shouldn't be allowed outside, let alone a mobile telephone.

It also shows how many people have iPhones that don't need them at all. For example, I'm sure one or two of those people use their iPhone for phoning, texting, maybe email and little else. But they get the iPhone because 'it's cool'. Which is exactly why owning an iPhone isn't cool any more (remember back in the 1st gen iPhone days when it was exclusive? Aaah, simpler times).

Maybe fanboys is the wrong word, i was going to use sheep but thought it too harsh, but maybe its the best decription, sheep follow the crowd not knowing what they are doing

Thought this was quite funny. The public's reaction to the 'new' iPhone.

At least it got the Hulk Hogan seal of approval.

Am thinking of buying the new iPod nano for the gym. It's not bad for £129 and I can set it to play through my car stereo too via Bluetooth. The only downside is it doesn't have a clip like the last "watch" model.

I'm going to get my work to swap my Lumia 900 for one, haven't used the thing in months and I hate it so went back to my old 4. Probably won't be able to get one for a few months though which sucks.

Got my pre order sorted with O2 for a 64GB black, can't wait! Just need to sell my 4S now.

I don't know about fanboys specifically. I suspect a fanboy would actually know that it wasn't the iPhone 5. It says a lot about how stupid people are, though. And about how willing people are to believe a guy with a microphone.

I think there was something recently where some guy in New York hired some people to pretend to be paparazzi and follow him, and many people thought he was famous and some even said that they knew of him beforehand.

So having just read a few articles, the 4G is potentially useless for anyone who buys an iphone 5 that isn't on EE

I was trying to sumarise, but then i thought i'd just post a link

so its possible that the other networks band range of 4G might not be supported

Apple need to clarify this, i'm surprised it hasn't been in the media more

It was in the first Guardian article I read. Can't say I really care about 4G that much right now. I'm near wifi enough of the time and 3G is good enough in London.

Yup - there was also a news piece on it too!

I struggle getting a 3g Vodafone signal so it makes no difference to me whether it uses 4g or not ha.

The launch 4g areas are only major cities too and the closest to me are Manchester and Liverpool - 2 places I rarely go...

Still, once all networks implement it and it has more areas with support for it i'm sure it'll be huge.

So having just read a few articles, the 4G is potentially useless for anyone who buys an iphone 5 that isn't on EE

When Three launch their 4G network (supposedly sometime this year), it will be in the 1800MHz spectrum, which the iPhone 5 supports.

The problem lies with the other networks, as they're due to buy chunks of the 2600MHz spectrum, which isn't supported by the iPhone 5. Although I'mm 100% certain that there will be a model that does support that spectrum and will be sold by those networks, so it will be the people who bought before that who will be affected.

When Three launch their 4G network (supposedly sometime this year), it will be in the 1800MHz spectrum, which the iPhone 5 supports.

The problem lies with the other networks, as they're due to buy chunks of the 2600MHz spectrum, which isn't supported by the iPhone 5. Although I'mm 100% certain that there will be a model that does support that spectrum and will be sold by those networks, so it will be the people who bought before that who will be affected.

no other model has been announced yet, only three optimized versions 2 for the major US networks, and one for the rest of the world, which is generating this problem

I know of at least one apple fan who is a friend of mine who has already pre-ordered his iphone 5 on O2 and keeps saying he can't wait for 4G and faster internet

No matter how many times he has been corrected on the current situation he says they will just release IOS 6.1 which will fix it.....

I gave in at that point

I just don't think they will release another international version any time soon, if at all, they've had long enough and the 4G bands in use in europe have been for well over a year, so if they haven't already seen the need to do two international versions, i can't see them ever changing there mind

Right, so I have a mid-2010 Mac Book Pro 13". I'm starting to lose patience with the crap cooling situation as it has 1 little fan to cool the entire unit and the vents on the back are almost always covered by the screen hinge.

I've also had to go get a fan controller for when I'm running Windows on it. Transformers was melting my processor until I realised the fans weren't even kicking in but it's still not enough.

Any suggestions?

Pissing me off that the system can easily handle what I do but can't cool itself properly :/

I think there was something recently where some guy in New York hired some people to pretend to be paparazzi and follow him, and many people thought he was famous and some even said that they knew of him beforehand.

For those interested:

Apple need to clarify this, i'm surprised it hasn't been in the media more

The same Apple that were saying the new iPad had 4G in countries that didn't even have 4G? Don't expect them to clear things up any time soon :heh:

As others have said, reliable media sources will dig into this so they'll be the best place to look.