NEurope
Nintendohnut

The Apple Thread

I'm a big fan of larger screens but I do get the feeling that quite a few people would like much smaller devices, had they have announced a third, much smaller device I think that could have shown themselves to be ahead of the curve (by smaller, I don't mean a watch).

The watch - and this coming from an Android fan - looks great, but it's really not a not a huge leap above stuff like the Moto 360 and ZenWatch (which again, look great). Some nice ideas (some I feel are there to justify the Crown) but I'm not convinced things like sharing a heartbeat is going to sell it. It'll be interesting to see how the fitness (across the market) stuff stacks up to newer technology like LEO which will be on the market at the same time - I think that would be immediately more attractive to the more professional/dedicated people.

I'm really surprised people are wanting a smaller model. Only because a lot of complaints about the iPhone come from it being small (screen wise) compared to the competition. The S5 for example, is a huge device. But I personally find that a bad phone full stop.

That's why I thought a lot of people would have been happy with 2 screen sizes to choose from. I guess a third, smaller option would have been good but I'd never thought about until now.

The watch, I'm not fussed on at all.

Really don't see the point in a watch that needs a phone for any functionality. Especially at that price.

Was hoping to be impressed by the iPhone 6, but it didn't blow me away, and I know it will be totally out of my price range on contract.

Now need to decide whether to go for HTC One M8, jump over to Apple and get a 5S, or wait and see what the next Nexus is like.

Have a Galaxy S3 right now and fancy a change!

I'm really surprised people are wanting a smaller model. Only because a lot of complaints about the iPhone come from it being small (screen wise) compared to the competition. The S5 for example, is a huge device. But I personally find that a bad phone full stop.

That's why I thought a lot of people would have been happy with 2 screen sizes to choose from. I guess a third, smaller option would have been good but I'd never thought about until now.

The watch, I'm not fussed on at all.

I see no point in having a big screen. It's a phone, it should take up as little space as possible, the way I see it!

My sister got her 6 today. She had only opened the box and turned it on and is waiting former number to be ported over to her new sim / network.

I've had a little play with it. Massively underwhelmed. It really is not for me at all. The phone just doesn't feel nice in the hand. I did have the same criticism about the 5S though - I'm just not a massive fan of the cold hard metal used as it doesn't feel great to hold. I much preferred the feel of the 5C despite many thinking it was cheap compared to the S.

Size is a lot bigger than the 5/5s, and I imagine it is welcome for those who want a bigger screen.

The back of the phone is ugly as sin. It's so un-Apple like its astounding. The protruding camera is horrid, the antenna lines (think that's what they are?) look terrible, and it's the first time I think the iPhone would actually benefit from a case for anything other than protection purposes!

My other sister and her mate have looked at it and they don't like it either. So not a good response so far!

She's contemplating returning it as she isn't too struck on it at the min and is happy to keep her 5 for the time being.

Many are unhappy with current release of iphone. I hope they have taken note of it and will make necessary changes for future releases.

My MacBook Air was on its last legs - it's 6 years old and was an original model and I hadn't looked after it like I could have done.

I was going to just upgrade to a MacBook pro with retina display but then I saw the keynote for the new MacBook.

Got it delivered yesterday.

It's amazing.

Makes my MBA seem completely dated which is silly really considering how good the Air still is!

Went for classic silver, though I love the gold one. Space Grey did nothing for me at all.

B7C9CE35-191F-4E7C-B8E5-370730C3A036_zpsfbb3nlnu.jpg

And with the trusty MBA!

01622189-F3DA-4155-9DEE-F02B4742C5FD_zpsg1s7ewce.jpg

Can I ask why you've gone for the new MacBook instead of the Pro? It just looks so underpowered and it's not exactly cheap either.

I'm currently in the market for my third Apple laptop after my iBook in 2005 and MacBook in 2010 and I think I'll be going for the 2.9GHz Pro with Retina and 512GB SSD. Was going to get the older Pro with the standard 500GB HDD, but I'm tempted by the extra RAM and supposedly better hard drive of the Retina models, not to mention the Retina display itself.

Can I ask why you've gone for the new MacBook instead of the Pro? It just looks so underpowered and it's not exactly cheap either.

I'm currently in the market for my third Apple laptop after my iBook in 2005 and MacBook in 2010 and I think I'll be going for the 2.9GHz Pro with Retina and 512GB SSD. Was going to get the older Pro with the standard 500GB HDD, but I'm tempted by the extra RAM and supposedly better hard drive of the Retina models, not to mention the Retina display itself.

Well, the Pro is still much bigger and bulkier than my 11inch Air was, and I use that every single day. Most of the time on my knee and in bed at night.

The Pro would be a bit pointless for me, because I don't need the extra specs. Sure, they'd be fantastic to have, but the compromises that I'd be making in terms of weight, size etc would outweigh the need for a laptop that can hold more data or process quicker.

Based on my needs of course.

For the average user, I'd never recommend the new MacBook over the MBPr. purely because the average user will probably use it as more of a working machine than something that I basically see as an iPad running OS X with a keyboard.

Believe me, i thought about the MBP, but having used an Air for 5-6 years which was an original base entry model (some would say underpowered), and not having any problems with its performance for my use, this seemed like a more logical upgrade for me.

Anyone know if there is a way to get the ipad screen to stay on while charging? There are certain times, like if I'm streaming a game where I'd like to leave chat open on my iPad but dont want to have to keep changing sleep settings to do it.

Anyone know if there is a way to get the ipad screen to stay on while charging? There are certain times, like if I'm streaming a game where I'd like to leave chat open on my iPad but dont want to have to keep changing sleep settings to do it.

Sleep settings is the only way to do it I think.