NEurope
Nintendohnut

The Apple Thread

The Nano could be handy for the gym and running. My Touch tends to jump all over the place, especially if i've got on running shorts which are pretty lightweight at best.

I'll be getting one, but only because my iPhone is being taken away in a few months. Good timing, I suppose, and it does look good. Love the new black aluminium. It's just a real pain having to change over all the dock connectors etc. New stuff all round, or adapters, which is just a bit awkward.

Built into the camera app, like Android 4.0?

Oh come on, that feature has been in compact cameras for years! Yes I know you were joking :P

Wasn't these thin about the nano was that it could double up as a watch with funky fonts?

Very disappointing but I actually think we've come to the point where phones can't really improve too much. It should have done a few things better though, damn them. Not improving the storage is the biggest fucking stupidest thing though. I have to manage my iPhone almost daily because of storage. iTunes match would help a lot but it doesn't work very well at all. And not just that, but with retina apps and games getting bigger and better, they're going to be bigger. That complete with apples retarded app updating system (dedownloading the whole app rather than the patch) mean64g isn't even close to big enough.

Anyways, I have a 4s and I'll probably still upgrade... Sucker...

Look at the front of the LG Optimus G. No face buttons. It's currently my phone of choice for my next upgrade.

That does have button - capacitive buttons, not software buttons. And like the old Tocco from Sammy.

I need a 32gb this time round.

I have 16gb of music alone. I intend to sell my current 4S but I am really struggling to justify the price as I want to buy sim free.

:sad: Really dunno what to do. It's a lot of money for not a lot of changes. The phone itself looks absolutely amazing though. Materials used this time seem spot on. I imagine it to make the 4s / 4 look cheap in comparison and that is currently the nicest phone on the market from an aesthetic point. My opinion.

I can see me being drawn in. My bank account may have other ideas though.

Was there not talk some weeks ago that the iPhone 5 would blow the competition - namely the S3 - out of the water? I have failed to see that today. Looks to me as if the S3 just had a playful splash in the face of the iPhone.

And what happened to Jobs' final 'tear drop' design? I wonder how much more bull shit his biographer wrote.

Apple%20TV.jpg

I need a 32gb this time round.

I have 16gb of music alone. I intend to sell my current 4S but I am really struggling to justify the price as I want to buy sim free.

:sad: Really dunno what to do. It's a lot of money for not a lot of changes. The phone itself looks absolutely amazing though. Materials used this time seem spot on. I imagine it to make the 4s / 4 look cheap in comparison and that is currently the nicest phone on the market from an aesthetic point. My opinion.

I can see me being drawn in. My bank account may have other ideas though.

iPhones do seem to eat through memory. I'm not sure why but every iPhone owner I know is constantly struggling with space (even those that use Spotify for music and thus don't have that eating it up) and always doing that panicked "I WANT TO TAKE THIS BUT I'M OUT OF MEMORY DELETE DELETE DELETE!" thing.

Random observation.

Then I see the price and can never justify the markup in hardware price and contract price, when it doesn't do anything more than competitor handsets. It just looks sexier.

I'd debate that with the iPhone 5, it's like an 4/4S with a tumor!

Not impressed with the iPhone 5 at all. Looks barely any better than the 4S; and the increased size is actually a minus for me, since one of the big reasons why I like the iPhone so much is because it's small, unlike those huge bricks that compete against it (thankfully it's only a small increase, though arguably a pointless one)

4G is non existant here in the UK and I bet it'll take a while for coverage to spread across the country when it launches over here, so that feature is not a big deal to me; while the performance increase isn't particularly major (nor do apps/games run particularily poorly on the 4S as it is anyway)

I think I'll just happily stick to my 64GB 4S. The iPod Touch upgrade looks pretty substantial though! (about damn time they updated the hardware in that thing!)

I don't know what phone to upgrade to now...

I'm confused.

Same over here...

I have 6/7 months on my contract left from when I got the 4s but I tend to upgrade after 12 months (so round about now) but there's nothing I want.

The Galaxy S3 is just a little bit too big and the battery life a little bit too low.

Lumia 920 looks really good and I love the OS, but it's not out yet.

Blackberry, great device but I want something with a proper music player like the iPhone does. It doesn't work as well on the Blackberry.

iPhone 5 seems a little bit underwhelming, there's nothing to make me want to upgrade now. I guess I'll see out my contract and see how I feel come March next year and what the options are.

Wait and see what the next big thing is :) I'm sure your 4S will tide you over for now, it's still a killer phone.

I'm suprised people aren't so hyped about the iPhone 5. I don't know what else I would have wanted, it's just better in every way.

iOS 6 on the other hand is underwelming, I got the GM last night as it feels virtually the same as iOS 5. I will say the Panroma mode works amazingly though, proper blow away. Much better than the apps in the app store.

Wait and see what the next big thing is :) I'm sure your 4S will tide you over for now, it's still a killer phone.

Dude, it's old technology now. :heh:

Tbh, the only functions I use on my phone are the phone, texting, emails, Facebook app, internet browsing and TomTom.

I'm suprised people aren't so hyped about the iPhone 5. I don't know what else I would have wanted, it's just better in every way.

It's better in a lot of ways. Not every way (how has the interface improved?).

But it's not exciting anymore. It's not better enough, not interesting enough. It's the same phone, taller with better guts. Every new model of everything has improved hardware, that's nothing to shout about. That's just standard technological progression. What has the iPhone 5 done that's new?

Apple could design a turd and it would still far outsell anything Samsung could muster.

The S3 is a great phone features wise but unfortunately it's a fucking brick. Better wear a belt if that bad boys in your pocket.

Think you answered your own question there.

The S3 is a great phone features wise but unfortunately it's a fucking brick. Better wear a belt if that bad boys in your pocket.

But the iPhone 5 is 4 grams heavier than the S3.

But the iPhone 5 is 4 grams heavier than the S3.

The weight isn't the problem for me, it's the size. It's not far off the size of the average hand.

I don't mind the size, I just think the S3 is fugly. And that goes for most smart phones.

For those looking to buy the phone outright: you'll need to contact your carrier to get the new SIM card.

The weight isn't the problem for me, it's the size. It's not far off the size of the average hand.

not to nit pick, but weight would pull your trousers down not the size, i think you meant to make comment about having bigger pockets not wearing a belt:laughing:

Its slightly growing on me, but it still just seems like an oddly deformed iphone 4

why couldn't we have a new form factor? a curved back, some apple style, the new design is like they just stretched the picture of the iphone 4 thats lazy and very very un-apple-like

Most of the concept iphone 5 designs looked better, even the ones which kept a close look to the the 4 but had angular backs or curved backs are better than >open paint(sorry apple equivalent)> open iphone 4 picture>select tool>stretch image

not to nit pick, but weight would pull your trousers down not the size, i think you meant to make comment about having bigger pockets not wearing a belt:laughing:

Its slightly growing on me, but it still just seems like an oddly deformed iphone 4

why couldn't we have a new form factor? a curved back, some apple style, the new design is like they just stretched the picture of the iphone 4 thats lazy and very very un-apple-like

Most of the concept iphone 5 designs looked better, even the ones which kept a close look to the the 4 but had angular backs or curved backs are better than >open paint(sorry apple equivalent)> open iphone 4 picture>select tool>stretch image

Absolutely correct on the belt front.

I like the current iPhone set up and i dislike the current trend of making everything bigger. In the end it's still a phone and although videos may look sweet on it, i'm not going to be watching much videos on a screen of that size.

It wasn't long ago every manufacturer was trying to make things smaller, now it seems to be completely reversed.

Absolutely correct on the belt front.

I like the current iPhone set up and i dislike the current trend of making everything bigger. In the end it's still a phone and although videos may look sweet on it, i'm not going to be watching much videos on a screen of that size.

It wasn't long ago every manufacturer was trying to make things smaller, now it seems to be completely reversed.

Agreed. I don't know why people want a bigger screen. It is fantastic as it is, the quality is incredible.

One thing I didn't want in the new iPhone was a larger screen.

For those looking to buy the phone outright: you'll need to contact your carrier to get the new SIM card.

I did this for the iPhone 4, they tried to charge me (T-Mobile), I complained and got out of that, I had the new SIM before the phone even showed up.

But yeah, there's no cutting your SIM down this time.

I enquirer with Tesco mobile the other day, the guy couldn't say for SURE but he said that it was anything like the last change, to the micro sim, it would be free and only take 24 hours. My colleague at work checked with Three today as well - they also do a free change if you have a contract. I think you could probably check the other providers online, but I'd assume they'll be free tbh.