N-Europe

Grand Theft Auto 5

Happenstance

Vehicle list?

Fans have been digging around in the source code of Max Payne 3 and pulled out what they believe to be a list of all the vehicles set to appear in Grand Theft Auto V.

The list, revealed by a GTAForums user, includes 48 cars, five bikes, ten helicopters, one plane (!), 25 boats and nine trains, many of which bear names belonging to the GTA series.

With GTA V’s release date still unknown and probably some way off, it’s unlikely that this represents the full list of vehicles coming to the game. Hell, it’s possible that this will be nothing like the final list. But with those names, there’s no arguing that the list has something to do with Rockstar’s latest entry to the stratospherically huge franchise.

Check out the full list below:

Cars

apc

bobsleigh

benson

biff

bobcat

boxville

buccaneer

burrito

brzbus

casco

cadge

car_brzhatchplc

car_brzsedanplc

car_brzhatchjnk

car_brzsedanjnk

carga

cavalcade

cognoscenti

cs2000

chavos

dukes

dune

feroci

forklift

futo

furzen

fxt

gant

hauler

minivan

infernus

patriot

phantom

prairie

police

rancher

rhino

schafter

seinove

skimobile

taxi

vanpony

willard

winky

trash

railmu

flatty

snowplough

Bikes

enduro

jz125

z75

faggio2

spike

Helicopters

autogiro

bchopper

annihilator

bentham

maverick

hind

napalm

scamp

heli_vcpf

heli_tfe

Planes

cuban800

Boats

squalo

bassboy

chika

fisher

fishboat_a

fishboat_b

fishboat_c

fishboat_d,

marquis

reefer

tropic

gunboat

sabs_boat

small_gb2

dinghy

p_mi_botfsh

whaler

woody

woody2

sporto

tinny

tug

contbo

smug

edsboat

Trains

cablecar

chairlift

subway_lo

subway_hi

train_carg

trainf_carg

trainr_carg

train_int

lighty

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a quick look at the alleged Max Payne 3 code. In this case, it doesn't appear to be a case of the teams sharing actual code (but there's a very good chance that that does happen, even between teams in different countries belonging to the same company, after all, if you already have a bunch of code that does something, if you need to do it in multiple games, you're not going to want to code it again if you don't have to). It looks more like existing models, probably from some GTA game, but not necessarily 5 were used in Max Payne 3. This is assuming the code is actually real of course. It's also possible they were used as place holders during development, as many of them are commented out, and listed as depreciated.

TL;DR, this means nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Everytime I see this thread has new replies.... I come in expectant that some more has been revealed, but alas keep getting heartbroken.

This is THE game I want to know more about.

Please Rockstar :(

If Rockstar games are to be expected, they seem to take the Spring/Early Summer release dates. Look at games like Red Dead, GTA IV, L.A Noire. All had April/May release dates. I wouldn't put it past if it was released April/May next year.

• 1 month later...

Shots are nice, but Rockstar feeling pressured into posting them doesn't seem like the best sign.

It kind of makes it seem like they weren't holding back because of some secret, well-prepared and long-planned marketing campaign, which is what I had hoped was the reason for silence, that they had it all "under control" and were waiting for just the right time . It seems more like they're "slogging away" on the game and still don't feel "ready" to show it off in great detail, but unleashed these just because they felt they had to, in order to prove the game still existed.

I'm just not getting the same aura of creative confidence from GTA5 so far as I have from virtually every other Rockstar North GTA game since GTA3. I hope this is all bullshit though and the game is fine.