N-Europe

Leslie Nielsen Has Died

Dante

CJOB News =

Canadian funnyman and actor Leslie Nielsen has passed away in hospital in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

The star of comedy hits such as "Airplane" and the "Naked Gun" series dies of complications from pneumonia, according to his nephew Doug Nielse, who lives in Richmond...

R.I.P :sad:

Edited by Dante

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible news. Always been a fan of his movies. A true comedy genius. I foresee a Naked Gun marathon today/this evening.

In remembrance then, here's one of my favourite moments from the Naked Gun films (although it's all pretty much priceless):

Dr. Mainheimer: "It's a terrible thing that's happened here, Lieutenant. I do hope you will find the people responsible."

Frank: "I'm sorry I can't be more optimistic, Doctor, but we've got a long road ahead of us. It's like having sex. It's a painstaking and arduous task that seems to go on and on forever, and just when you think things are going your way, nothing happens."

My reaction to this news was not pleasant. I'm actually a little bit surprised at how upset this has made me.

I always saw Leslie Nielsen as someone who could never be defeated by mortality. Missed an opportunity to meet him recently too, which only makes this worse.

Death sucks.

R.I.P Leslie Nielsen... you were a living legend in life and even in death you'll never be forgotten, just remembered even more fondly :( both Airplane! and Naked Gun shall be your ever-lasting legacy of comedy while you'll also never be forgotten for Forbidden Planet and The Poseidon Adventure which in many ways cemented your career in films from that point onwards.

So long as those films continue to be watched and enjoyed by many - which I'm sure they shall - then you'll never truly die.

R.I.P Leslie Nielsen... you were a living legend in life and even in death you'll never be forgotten, just remembered even more fondly :( both Airplane! and Naked Gun shall be your ever-lasting legacy of comedy while you'll also never be forgotten for Forbidden Planet and The Poseidon Adventure which in many ways cemented your career in films from that point onwards.

So long as those films continue to be watched and enjoyed by many - which I'm sure they shall - then you'll never truly die.

I love you, man. :weep: