N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

Much good happening!

• Flights back to UK booked.
  • US and Canadian dollars acquired.
  • Day off today!
  • It's a national holiday here in Turkey on Saturday, so a day off then too!
  • My friend in Toronto has got her, her flat mates and myself onto the guest list of what I'm told is the best club in Toronto. I haven't been to a club since...January and Toronto will be the first chance I get, so it'll be awesome! =)
  • I've perfected my technique for (safely, reversibly, convincingly) doctoring my passport's DOB to make me look like I'm 21 - the key is make it so I look like I Was born on the 7th of January (easy with my real DOB), as to an American the date looks like the 1st of July, but the following explanation of the different date format distracts from any other issues.
  • Job interview lined up for tomorrow.

So I got funding for PhD position on a cool syntax project. Now I "just" need to get a distinction on my masters to be accepted...

You'll be fine - if I can get a distinction, you sure as hell can. :p

What's your masters subject? Also come do your PhD at UCL in London. :)

Good things:

- Earned my highest chest victory yesterday - I'm rated ~1430, this guy was rated 1600. He had me on the ropes for ages but I pulled out a 'clever' few moves and bitch-slapped him. Pleased. With. Self.

- Boss has to go in for an operation next week - I've been asked to assume her role as campaign manager while she's away, and earn a temporary payrise too.

- Just got called to be told by the recruitment agency that hires me that I should have some pay for the bank hols too!

Good day. Except for all that stress and tiredness and lack of money.

Much good happening!

• Flights back to UK booked.
  • US and Canadian dollars acquired.
  • Day off today!
  • It's a national holiday here in Turkey on Saturday, so a day off then too!
  • My friend in Toronto has got her, her flat mates and myself onto the guest list of what I'm told is the best club in Toronto. I haven't been to a club since...January and Toronto will be the first chance I get, so it'll be awesome! =)
  • I've perfected my technique for (safely, reversibly, convincingly) doctoring my passport's DOB to make me look like I'm 21 - the key is make it so I look like I Was born on the 7th of January (easy with my real DOB), as to an American the date looks like the 1st of July, but the following explanation of the different date format distracts from any other issues.
  • Job interview lined up for tomorrow.

Hold up... those shop clerks who stop you at Sainsbury's now have a case! :wink: :laughing:

You'll be fine - if I can get a distinction, you sure as hell can. :p

What's your masters subject? Also come do your PhD at UCL in London. :)

Thanks, we shall see... I'm writing on the internal syntax of wh-elements (e.g. who, what, etc.) from a crosslinguistic perspective. And I applied for a PhD at UCL, but got no funding, so I'll be staying at Cambridge.

Ine has been here since the Tuesday last week, and we've been having lots of fun. ;)

We went to the beach a few days ago (twice, hehe) and built a village with its own castle and amazing wall (I made the wall. The castle was nice, I guess...:heh:). Today, we spent the day in the garden, in the sunshine doing work. I had my guitar with me as well, so started to learn some new stuff, mostly Jose Gonzalez. We had ciderrr, too. Stella Artois Cidre. Buy eet, bitches.

Ine got a little bit sunburnt on her arms. I am fine because of my light milk chocolate skin. I laugh in her general direction!

We also went to watch Source Code, had a lovely walk around Bournemouth and ate Yummy Tapas at La Tasca. Outside. Mmm.

I rate this Fuck Yeah/10.

Ine has been here since the Tuesday last week, and we've been having lots of fun. ;) ....

.... We went to the beach a few days ago (twice, hehe) and built a village with its own castle and......

I'm going to have a lovely day with my girl tomorrow.

We'll be cooking Lasagna, eating ice cream, going through the park enjoying the beautiful weath...oh..