Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

Nice one.

And seriously drop the potato stuff guys, do we really need round two? Diageo/Heroic/Frank/Pat/Peggy, I've got a few screen caps of the event on my Photobucket somewhere, I'll find em and post em eventually.

----------

Good; Bonus for partial (3 months) employment at HBOS = paid for 3DS + then some. Result. Which is helpful considering....the lack of job/couldn't afford the 3DS. Now just need to either win another 3DS in the draw or win the lotto this weekend and I'll be laughing.

I didn't think my coming back would result in that thread being brought up.

Since starting my new course and taking happy pills life is good. I'm passing my modules like boss and possibly changing onto a new course next year.

He had a mid life crisis.

(And before any "ZOMG YU FUCKIN TRANNAPHOBE" comes in, I'm referring to the fact that he became a cunt, not a woman)

Well he could never have a real one so I suppose he/she had to make up for it some other way.

Friday was played tonight. Standing in the middle of the pub screaming the lyrics is one of the best experiences of my life.

Also had an argument about comedy with two people who are fans of Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock and George Carlin. I'm the idiot really, I should know not to try and reason with someone who thinks George Carlin is anything other than a walking advert for abortion.

Edited by MoogleViper

After my recent lucky streak my mother insisted I play the Euromillions because it was a rollover. I did, even diverting even further from my long walk home, and just checked and I won!!

£5.

But still, that's some more money in the champagne fund.

After my recent lucky streak my mother insisted I play the Euromillions because it was a rollover. I did, even diverting even further from my long walk home, and just checked and I won!!

£5.

But still, that's some more money in the champagne fund.

Lucky!

I thought I may be lucky but didn't get a single number!

Friday was played tonight. Standing in the middle of the pub screaming the lyrics is one of the best experiences of my life.

Also had an argument about comedy with two people who are fans of Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock and George Carlin. I'm the idiot really, I should know not to try and reason with someone who thinks George Carlin is anything other than a walking advert for abortion.

I dislike Carlin but Murphy and Pryor can be pretty funny. On that subject:

I dislike Carlin but Murphy and Pryor can be pretty funny. On that subject:

One of the reasons I hate Carlin. Apparently shouting out common sense as if it's revolutionary thinking is hilarious comedy.

Oh it's context is it Carlin? Oh thanks, because I never realised that until you repeatedly shouted it.

And don't get me started on his save the planet stuff.

Put £5 into a Ladbrokes online betting account, just for some little £1 bets here and there. So my first bet is £1 on a 5 match accumulator for the day before yesterday, that came up, won £4.20, which isn't much, but a wins a win.

I then put £1 on Neymar first scorer, Brazil to win 2-0, which won me £15. So after a few days and 2 bets later, i've gone from £5 to £22. I'm happy with that. ;)

One of the reasons I hate Carlin. Apparently shouting out common sense as if it's revolutionary thinking is hilarious comedy.

Oh it's context is it Carlin? Oh thanks, because I never realised that until you repeatedly shouted it.

And don't get me started on his save the planet stuff.

To be fair, the simple truth can be hilarious if presented the right way. But on the other hand, that clip didn't really feel like he was trying to be funny about it. But maybe that's the problem in and of itself.

To be fair, the simple truth can be hilarious if presented the right way. But on the other hand, that clip didn't really feel like he was trying to be funny about it. But maybe that's the problem in and of itself.

And presenting it the right way involves screaming it as if you've just re-defined the world?

And presenting it the right way involves screaming it as if you've just re-defined the world?

Did you read my entire post? I specifically state that I didn't feel there was anything funny about him in those clips, that I didn't even feel like he was trying to be funny in those particular clips. If those clips are representative of his style of comedy, I understand why you don't find him funny.

That being said, the truth can easily be hilarious. It's all about the delivery.