Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

The fact is, if a dog could get the chance it would be away, but cats still come back time after time :)

Dogs will usually come home too. It differs from breed to breed I imagine, but they're pack animals, so won't stray too far from the pack.

It's like when we take Indy for a walk. We let him off the lead and he runs off ahead of us, but he always looks back to check we're still there. If we turn around and walk away, he'll come bolting back and walk ahead of us again.

yaaaay. Hopefully with a lot of physio and stuffs she'll get most of her function back :)

The question is, will she be able to recover to a point that she can still live by herself though. She's a very independant person and she would really hate it if we had to put her in a home :/

The question is, will she be able to recover to a point that she can still live by herself though. She's a very independant person and she would really hate it if we had to put her in a home :/

My grandma had a stroke very much like your nan had, she ended up living by herself for a very long time afterward. :)

Don't give up hope yet, this is very good news! :hug:

I hope that's the case.

I know she's hating every minute in the hospital. What gets me is how she always tries to put on a brave face when she looks at me, always smiling and all of it. She's not really like that with everyone else on visits, but she is with me...

very possibly... You'd be surprised how people adapt with disability! She's probably got a better chance than a lot of others at rehabilitation, given the positive signs you've had so far :)

Yeah, considering she was sent to the Stroke Rehab Unit almost an entire week early, it's a good sign...especially as she had the stroke in the early morning and it wasn't until like 8 or 9 that my uncle went round to check after no response to phonecall

ahh she's in stroke rehab then... genuinely the best place for her to be right now. I actually work with the community stroke rehab service in my job and they do stellar work. Lots of professionals trained specifically to look after stroke patients. And they have a lot of success with their patients too. Like you say she's improving day on day so there's a very good chance she'll get better, especially with her family there for support :)

Girlfriend get. :D

You know how sometimes you open several threads in different tabs and just read them without really paying attention to which thread is which, but it's okay, because you can figure out which thread you're in just by reading the posts?

Yeah, so, 'good stuff thread' was not the thread that came to mind when I read Raining's and Ashley's posts about what they have bought/plan to buy.

And... congratulations, I guess? I'm not sure if that's the appropriate reaction to news like that. Maybe a high five would be better.

I'm going Gorilla hunting on Sunday :grin:

there are 60 model gorillas scattered around Bristol to celebrate the 175th birthday of Bristol Zoo.

in particular I want to find the following...

photos-00013.jpg

bristol-wow-gorilla-43-gorisambard-clifton-suspension-bridge.jpg?w=510&h=382

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVrluW2XOF8TXYJkJTKpIiePU3IPW0hfXFtbjMFbYDkUFXyGYw

and there is also a Blackbeard gorilla too that I wanna see, its opposite the Llandoger Trow which was a bar that Blackbeard apparently use to visit back in the days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llandoger_Trow

to say I'm a little excited would be an understatement :)

I've been neglecting my bass guitar for a very, very long time. Well, I'm coming back to my baby now and have been playing it quite a bit today. I've ordered some new strings for it and a lead to connect it to my amp. I had a lead, but it must be in Newport/n00bport or something.

It's nice to get into it, again.

I'm going Gorilla hunting on Sunday :grin:

there are 60 model gorillas scattered around Bristol to celebrate the 175th birthday of Bristol Zoo.

in particular I want to find the following...

photos-00013.jpg

bristol-wow-gorilla-43-gorisambard-clifton-suspension-bridge.jpg?w=510&h=382

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVrluW2XOF8TXYJkJTKpIiePU3IPW0hfXFtbjMFbYDkUFXyGYw

and there is also a Blackbeard gorilla too that I wanna see, its opposite the Llandoger Trow which was a bar that Blackbeard apparently use to visit back in the days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llandoger_Trow

to say I'm a little excited would be an understatement :)

Ooh that's cool. Here in Bournemouth, we're filled with various Lions. 50 of them :)