NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Getting the keys to my new epic bachelor pad today. BYOB/bottemless parteh!

Also: surgery today. That shit they give you to "go under/out"? Best truqs ever.

Is a bottomless party where everyone turns up without trousers on?

If they're tracksuits/joggers yeah. Otherwise people are just turning up without an anus.

Yes, no bottem clothes. People still have legs and stuff.

'Cause topless has been done so many times.

I'm going to try and go for a personal training course!

I've looked up this awesome one where I do my Level 2 personal training, my level 3 gym instructor, my level 4 obesity and diabetes management, lower back pain management, 5 CPDs out of 15, nutrition and first aid.

The problem lies with work. My manager is cool with me doing it but on both dates, she will be on holiday. There's another staff member who could easily swap days with me but they're being difficult to the point I'm seriously having to consider leaving, even though I don't want to right now.

I just really want job satisfaction and get paid for doing something I'm passionate about. I really want to help shape and transform people and helping them become better and stronger people.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Had a great day.

Bought new football shoes this morning. My first pair in 9 years!

Joined a team today (just a hobby football team) and immediately played in a tournament :D We came in second!

I met a lot of new people, had fun playing football again and can't wait for the next tournament and some matches in the upcoming weeks. :)

It's just what I needed.

• Like 1

Had a great day.

Bought new football shoes this morning. My first pair in 9 years!

Joined a team today (just a hobby football team) and immediately played in a tournament :D We came in second!

I met a lot of new people, had fun playing football again and can't wait for the next tournament and some matches in the upcoming weeks. :)

It's just what I needed.

Just don't go beating some English lads on penalties. We are still salty.

Just don't go beating some English lads on penalties. We are still salty.

We won the semi final with penalties. Not against English lads, though. :p

This week has been a great week and has sorely been needed! I've been to Weston Super Mare for the first time, just for a few days. It's a really nice place. I stayed in a beautiful apartment that was right outside the beach too.

I came back to Brum to then go to Alton Towers for half-price (thanks Kellogg's) with one of my best friends. We managed to ride the Big 6 roller coasters and we both got free tickets to return in September.

Tomorrow is my birthday. I can't help but feel a bit sad because my Grandad isn't here and it'll be my second birthday without him but I know he'd want me to have fun.

I've then got Sunday off (a rarity for me) and I'm gonna go clothes shopping for gym gear and do one of my circuits and then it's back to work in the middle of chaos!

I've still got a long (looooong) way to go but this week, for the first time since it started really, I've gotten progressively better at counselling. Each week you fill out a form with a bunch of different questions and rate them from 1-5 and it's been improving for the last few months until this week where she told me we still have things to improve but I'm no longer considered a 'concern'.

I certainly feel better in myself and have done things lately that I wouldn't have ever considered doing a few months ago. It's also really bizarre and a bit frightening to remember where I was and how I felt a few months back, it's like looking back at another person. The feeling of not being in control and wondering yourself what you might do is horrible and remembering that initial call I had to make to them is quite harrowing. 

I've completely nipped suicidal ideation in the bud which  was something I never considered reality but something I couldn't stop obsessing over. Now that I'm not quite so clouded and can look back with a clearer mind, it genuinely feels like I had some sort of physical disease taking over my body and thoughts. 

I'm hopeful I can continue this positive path even through getting new jobs and meeting new people and the weekly therapy will continue for at least another few months if I do have another wobble here or there. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Josh64 said:

I've still got a long (looooong) way to go but this week, for the first time since it started really, I've gotten progressively better at counselling. Each week you fill out a form with a bunch of different questions and rate them from 1-5 and it's been improving for the last few months until this week where she told me we still have things to improve but I'm no longer considered a 'concern'.

I certainly feel better in myself and have done things lately that I wouldn't have ever considered doing a few months ago. It's also really bizarre and a bit frightening to remember where I was and how I felt a few months back, it's like looking back at another person. The feeling of not being in control and wondering yourself what you might do is horrible and remembering that initial call I had to make to them is quite harrowing. 

I've completely nipped suicidal ideation in the bud which  was something I never considered reality but something I couldn't stop obsessing over. Now that I'm not quite so clouded and can look back with a clearer mind, it genuinely feels like I had some sort of physical disease taking over my body and thoughts. 

I'm hopeful I can continue this positive path even through getting new jobs and meeting new people and the weekly therapy will continue for at least another few months if I do have another wobble here or there. 

You're such a Weinstein episode right now.

• Like 1

I'll be editing this post once i get home to add some photos.

There's a new school being built right by the old Comprehensive, so a few people organised and advertised what was to be the biggest reunion of former pupils before they tear the old Comp down.  So, decided to pop along and see what's what.  Was certainly nice to be able to wander around and rekindle the good (and some bad) memories.  Even saw one of my old mates taking various things, he said it was all going to be thrown out so help yourself.  He had 3 beakers, a Bunsen burner and a lab coat.  People were writing on the walls, doors and all the boards they could find just in case anyone they may have missed would see it.  They had memory books for people to write comments in.  For me, what was quite nostalgic was when i returned to my old form room after 16 years.  Was in the room seconds when some of my old classmates came up, and one of the old teachers also.  Certainly bought back memories, and a tear.  It's not that i don't see them anymore, it was just nostalgic.

It's a shame it's to be torn down, but then it was build in the late 50's (total of 3 additional buildings were built, 1 has gone to make room for the new school.  And the newest building is also the most unsafe, so no-one went in after someones foot went through the rotten floorboard.  The new school opens in September, the old school starts to be demolished later this year.

Some snaps

35200804743_89af74c05b_o.jpg

35200805633_7290b0a0cd_o.jpg

35200808003_59065e1380_o.jpg

35200811133_098a04677f_o.jpg

36011488145_093f10956a_o.jpg

Edited by Jimbob
  • Like 1

Finally going to be getting fibre broadband at my house. Gonna be so nice to actually be able to do more than one thing at a time! 2.5mbs is just not enough in this day and age!

• Like 3

As mentioned in the Drunken Thread I was contemplating going to a club alone yesterday.

Well, in the end my best mate and I went together. He left 3 hours later, though. I stayed for 3 more hours :D

Didn't talk to anybody, just danced away. Think I'm ready to approach women in a club again, though. Had lots of eye contact with several ladies but I wasn't in the mood yesterday. The next time I go to a club (be it alone or with friends) I'll definitely go for it :)

Good to know that going to a club alone is actually not that bad. Especially when you're as drunk as I was and the music is awesome :D

Edited by drahkon

My first football match in 3 words: cold, wet, and cancelled! :bowdown:

weuro2017_01.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sméagol said:

My first football match in 3 words: cold, wet, and cancelled! :bowdown:

weuro2017_01.png

Oh no! Was this the Germany game from last night?

Heb je naar de Nederlandse wedstrijd gekeken?

12 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Oh no! Was this the Germany game from last night?

Heb je naar de Nederlandse wedstrijd gekeken?

It was, and no I didn't. I was actually preparing to leave for that match, but I caught a bit of the end and was aware they had won.

I'm not actually a big football fan, but I thought it would be fun to go see a live football match at least once in my life. I don't care much about individual clubs, I massively prefer to watch women, and I prefer not to deal with drunken idiots afterwards, so when I saw the womens euro cup was held in The Netherlands, and matches were being played in a stadium nearby, it was an excellent opportunity.

So today (ehm well yesterday at this point) I went to the match, and I had fun! The match was great, and I had a nice seat. Though what I gather from comments on forums is that this was one of the better matches in the cup.

weuro2017_02.png

After that I went to Amsterdam to see 2001: a space odyssey on 70mm, then back to Rotterdam to see Baby driver. So yeah, I had a fun day.

GB relay teams knocking it out of the park at the World Athletics Championships. Gutted that Bolt could finish his final race, but so happy that GB came through and won it, I don't think Bolt would have caught them with the shape he's in, especially considering GB ran the 3rd fastest time ever. Really pleased for Gemili, he's had such a tough year so to come out at the end of it a world champion is fantastic. And obviously the women's team is a really tight unit so it was great to see them move up from Olympic bronze to World silver.

Wasn't too disappointed that Mo didn't do another double, he ran a really hard 10,000 final last week and two rounds of the 5,000 is pretty tough so it wasn't too much of a surprise that he didn't win. Still ranks alongside Bolt as one of the greatest of all time for me though.

Edited by killthenet

I'm always so pleased when I see people continuing to post in this thread. 

<3

• Like 1

I'm sat in the garden doing my school work and @Eenuh is doing her drawing work stuff. It's a day with actual sunshine. Nice sunshine. Not too many clouds. British summer time is really lovely when it happens!

Twas my wedding anniversary today. Celebrated by going to a 24 hour karaoke place in Tokyo at 9am, then going and watching the latest Pokemon film in Japanese, understanding none of the dialogue. We then went shopping for random crap at Sunshine City (including tiny baseball caps for our guinea pigs) and then finishing off the day at the planetarium. A good day was had by all.

• Like 3

I'm going to post this here, its not really good or bad (or maybe just a mix of both) but I'm going to be positive. 

I have been going to therapy for a while, and myself and my therapist are piecing together a referral to the ASD service, in relation to a suspected adhd diagnosis. 

So that's a thing I guess....?  I'm really not sure how to feel about it but it would confirm a lot of things in my entire life up to now... I kinda wonder how it was missed for all these years.... (i have the attention span of a goldfish) but I guess its one of those things being female its not as typically seen.  And the whole chronic psoriasis/physical ailments/significant bullying thing kinda overshadowed a lot of it.  It feels like it might be a battle but its never too late to get a diagnosis!

• Like 1