NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Been in a relationship with my significant other for 3 years today.

Same here, but on the Saturday just gone.

ANNIVERSARY MASSIVE!

Get any gifts?

Same here, but on the Saturday just gone.

ANNIVERSARY MASSIVE!

Get any gifts?

No, We only remembered while shopping in town yesterday heh. So while shopping Heather said If I paid for her clothes shopping that'd count as a present for her, so that was better than expected.

I haven't had a pressie yet myself.... Got an idea of what I'd like.

Claire and I's references passed, and date agreed. We will move into Chateau De La ReZourcé on Saturday 5th May.

Sat in Seattle airport waiting for my flight to Iceland. Week holiday for a friends wedding, should be lots of my old friends from London there so very excited about it.

Significant other was successful in her recent interview for a new job, and she handed her notice in for her current job yesterday.

New job gives us an extra £400 income... fucking score.

When I ordered Orange broadband they said five working days for the phone line to be reactivated (which would be this Friday) and ten for the broadband (which would be 11th May). Got a text today confirming the phone line has been done and the broadband is due for completion on May 3rd. Yay. Sick of this internet only at work nonsense.

And my housemate picked up the newest Kirby game on the Wii. Yaaaaaay Kirby!

Edited by Ashley

Whoop off for four days now. Phew, I have also been paid so I'm off to go buy food and witcher 2.

Yes. <3

Sat in the O2 at Manchester listening to the impressive Jake Evans before New Order play later - hopefully he'll come out and play a Bad Lieutenant song with them if he doesn't play one on his own.

No, We only remembered while shopping in town yesterday heh. So while shopping Heather said If I paid for her clothes shopping that'd count as a present for her, so that was better than expected.

I haven't had a pressie yet myself.... Got an idea of what I'd like.

From my baby I got Thor and Captain America on Blu-ray, and an awesome Lazytown fleece-y quilt. An amazing anniversary. I look forward to when it's too warm to sleep under the blanket when I can use Sportacus to his full potential.

I saw 5 boobs last night.

5?

As in 5 pairs of boobs or just 5 boobs?

If not pairs I gotta ask what happened to the 6th :P

5?

Just five.

The first two pairs were my mate's housemates who came out topless to bring his birthday cake (why do gays get all the boobs). The fifth was another of his friends who showed me her nipple piercing.

First exam yesterday went well, I think. Hoping I've at least done well enough for a 2:1, although the I'd like to think the extra research I did should be enough to grab a 1st but I'll see.

Was also nice to catch up with a friend on my module who I'd not seen for weeks. Made the whole thing slightly more tolerable.

So now I've got my first day off proper from revision in weeks where I haven't had a cold or been hungover/recovering from a concussion. Not quite sure what to do. Think I'll go buy a load of junk food and spend all day in bed watching movies!!! Sounds like as good a plan as any :D

Looking at that picture, I can't believe you didn't manage to get laid last night, Moogle.

Found out since I'm currently on my first job in the UK ever, I won't get taxed for the first few months. Hooray!

No idea how it works and why, but if that's true then that's a nice bonus for now (still hate the place though and I still don't know how long I'll be able to stay sane in there).

But if I do get extra monies I can finally get a new Mac, yay! My MacBook is currently dying so it's about time I update it. Now just to figure out, do I want an iMac or a MacBook Pro, hmm....

Found out since I'm currently on my first job in the UK ever, I won't get taxed for the first few months. Hooray!

No idea how it works and why, but if that's true then that's a nice bonus for now (still hate the place though and I still don't know how long I'll be able to stay sane in there).

But if I do get extra monies I can finally get a new Mac, yay! My MacBook is currently dying so it's about time I update it. Now just to figure out, do I want an iMac or a MacBook Pro, hmm....

when you work in the uk you get a tax free allowance, of about 8000ish I think. :)

when you work in the uk you get a tax free allowance, of about 8000ish I think. :)

Yeah I read something about Personal Tax Allowance or something, but I have no clue how it works. The site is a bit confusing as it says it's something you can get each year:

"Nearly everyone who lives in the UK is entitled to an Income Tax Personal Allowance. This is the amount of income you can receive each year without having to pay tax on it. Depending on your circumstances, you may also be able to claim certain other allowances."

But I don't know how it works and Jim says he hasn't heard of it. =P

Yeah you earn up to that figure, before the taxman comes calling. If you know your tax code - take the number and add a 0 on to the end - mines 0810, so I get 8100 to earn before I have to start paying tax.

Some peoples employers divide it out over the year so you just pay fractionally less every month rather than paying nothing for a few months. (mine does)

5?

He watched Total Recall.