NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

My chromebook arrived and it's everything I wanted it to be. YAYERZ! Love it already.

THIS IS IN JUST DANCE 3!

QUICK, SOMEONE GET ME JUST DANCE 3!

I've only got like, a minute to be online and just checked my email. Apparently I've won two tickets for the Zelda concert. =O

Hotel and Eurostar + taxi are included. Whoooooooooo!

Now I hope this isn't some kind of mistake haha. And I will probably have to say stuff to go in the newspaper (since that's where I won the tickets from), but oh well. Zelda, whooooo! =D

*should participate in contests more often*

Epic @Eenuh!! :D

I think it helped that I said I'm a huuuuge Zelda fan but failed to order tickets in time.

Plus the fact that I'm a girl, of course. =P

I finally got a part time job (sort of). I'm going to tutor my next door neighbour AS Maths and Chemistry for £20 a session. It's not much, but money is money and I'll still be getting my job seeker's. Maths is a doddle, but I'm currently swotting up on Chemistry as it's been over three years since I finished my A levels.

I've only got like, a minute to be online and just checked my email. Apparently I've won two tickets for the Zelda concert. =O

Hotel and Eurostar + taxi are included. Whoooooooooo!

Now I hope this isn't some kind of mistake haha. And I will probably have to say stuff to go in the newspaper (since that's where I won the tickets from), but oh well. Zelda, whooooo! =D

*should participate in contests more often*

What contest was that?

Also, what seat number? I'm happy you've won, but going to be heavily displeased if you've got a better seat than me. :nono:

I like how Ine took time out of her busy schedule of being on vacation in Spain to brag about how she won a competition to go to a Zelda concert. :blank:

Not that I'm jealous or anything.

My new phone shipped, should arrive tomorrow :D

Yay, get outta here, spare Nokia.

It's not good stuff about me, but something good (but it did come from something bad)

Amazing story of the clever cat who led RSPCA rescuer to her kittens

2e136c5b-ceef-4e8a-8d8d-a826f4ed4ab8.jpg

RSPCA inspector Jon Knight received a call to rescue a young cat who was thrown from a car in Cambridgeshire last month. The caller had been monitoring and feeding the cat, and managed to confine her in a green house. The cat was taken to a vet and treated for her injuries as well as fleas and worms, and given food. As it was clear she only recently had kittens, she needed to be returned to her location so she could get back to them as soon as possible.

Knight took her back to the green house and she started meowing at him. At first, Knight thought she was calling for her kittens, but he soon realized she wanted him to follow her. She led him across fields and gardens all the while calling back and waiting for him to follow. She led him to an old barn. Behind a sack of wood, there were four kittens.

Jolie, as she is now called, and her kittens are now staying at the RSPCA Block Fen Animal Centre. They will remain there until they are fit and healthy enough to be adopted.

“Jolie had been through an awful lot, but she showed real maternal instinct and determination, she really is a remarkable cat,” Kight said.

00160615.jpg

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Ely/Amazing-story-of-the-clever-cat-who-led-RSPCA-rescuer-to-her-kittens-04102011.htm

So amazing that the mother could find the kittens and they all got rescued and are healthy, but I hate the fact that someone was sick enough to throw the mother out of a car and abandon her.

:shakehead

Living in a semi-rural area, there's been a few occaisions of people pulling up and abandoning a box of kittens. Usually my neighbour takes them in and re-homes them.

That's nice of your neighbour!

Finally got through to Dino pc, took few minutes and they've given me a refund in full, didn't even have to argue about it. Brilliant.

Also got a package with fedex I need to go pick up, they are open on saturdays, which is good for me, I'll just leave early to go pick it up :D

Shamelessly stolen from the T Shirt thread:

My friend wanted me to design a shirt for him with Daddy Pig from Peppa Pig on it. This was what I came up with:

PeppaPreview.jpg

I'm fairly certain it's not what he wanted. Serves him right for being in his early twenties and wanting a Peppa Pig shirt.

Drawn entirely with the pen tool, polygonal lasso and the paint brush.

I've been having the best, most fucking relaxing week ever since my new PC arrived. Played through Ghostbusters, Fallout 3 DLC, Bad Company 2, Crysis (again) and then started on Deux Ex: HR and Bulletstorm. Good ass times.

To follow up on my wireless adapter whinepost in the bad stuff thread, a Dell technician is coming to replace it on Monday. Yay! I like how there were no questions asked, like "did you drop it?" or "are you sure you're not a computer illiterate monkey who stood on your laptop?".

Went to see Melancholia with @Frank last night. It was... ... ... :eek: (in a good way).

Shamelessly stolen from the T Shirt thread:

My friend wanted me to design a shirt for him with Daddy Pig from Peppa Pig on it. This was what I came up with:

PeppaPreview.jpg

I'm fairly certain it's not what he wanted. Serves him right for being in his early twenties and wanting a Peppa Pig shirt.

Drawn entirely with the pen tool, polygonal lasso and the paint brush.

But ... Peppa Pig is good. :)

2 good things today.

First, had a cheque for £103 from the tax man. And, my tax credits have started up as well. So in all, made £173 today without doing a lot.

Finished my first week at college. It is like an intensive course for exams that we go to every so often. Lots of homework given and a fixed test each day on what we have done that day. Been trying to keep up and I'm glad I am because doing the practice questions has helped me to understand it a lot more.

I've been getting decent scores on my tests as well (pass mark 55%) and just got 75% on the consolidation test for the first week which I'm really happy about.

Also went out midweek for bowling and karaoke organised by my department to welcome all of us graduates. Massive tab behind bar so we were all drunk very quickly and then all stayed at someone's house instead of going home leaving us all hungover and tired at college the day after. The best part was probably the guy demanding we play fifa and telling us he'd show us a "masterclass" by beating me, cue me beating him 2-0 and then 6-3 because he demanded a rematch :p

The fact that is the highlight of the night probably has shown how much of a nerd I am.

Someone wants to have sex with me. Or 'a movie night' yeeeeaaaaaaahhhh.

FLIPSIDE: They're really foward and I've never actually spoken to them in person. They just jumped me on fbook. I don't know what to think.

Movie night is a euphemism for sex? Movie night with my friends never ended with sex. :blank:

I have the worst friends.

No but it's obvious if you saw the rest of the conversation. It's like *rollseyes*.