NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

I'm going to some lectures at UCL all day, and can have a brief lunch/drink with you in the afternoon if you'd like. May or may not have to head back to Cambridge quite quickly though.

Also, first image from the PW film:

rwHBP.jpg

I have no idea exactly where I'll be when, so you should text me tomorrow to see if we can work something out. :) I can't promise anything, though, since I literally have no idea what we're going to do except seeing Wicked tomorrow evening and attending the Halloween ball Saturday night. I don't think we have any solid plans besides that, so we're probably just going to move around London and do what we feel like most of the time.

Okay, well I need to stick to the King's Cross area really, with only little windows of freedom, but I'll let you know.

That's perfect, actually, since I think our hostel is in that area as well. Just text me tomorrow with a time that fits you, then we'll probably be able to work it into our plans. :) Providing my friend doesn't mind spending a bit of time with her travelling companion's friend from the internet. :heh:

it's okay I've checked ouy Supergrunch. He is safe. :D

If I was to turn up, however. CREEPER.

Yeah I'm in London but I'll be at the expo all day Saturday. :)

Just attended a talk by Chris French on why people believe in the paranormal and conspiracies. It was really interesting and he's a really nice guy. Got to talk to him for a bit as well.

Well it turns out that "King's Cross" is far too general a meeting place, so we didn't get a chance to see each other before I had to run and get the last off-peak train. So sorry to anyone hanging on our potential interaction (:heh:), and sorry to Dannyboy that I was in too much of a rush.

Got back from Amsterdam yesterday and had an incredible time. And really that's it! More to come in future perhaps. When I can feel like writing a bit more :D

Did you propose to your girlfriend while you were there? Because that's really where the bar is set right now.

Can't say I did, guy. I'm not sure me and Diageo are ready for that sort of commitment :heh:

Went with three best buds; we've been meaning to do it for years so to finally get out there and do it, and having not being out the country for 7 years was a great moment in itself.

Finally finished my lecture slides for monday. Think they're good and I understand all the content so should be good. Just have type up a few notes for what I'm saying and then give the lecture :woops:

At least it'll be out of the way and I can relax more in the classes rather than stressing over having to give an hour lecture.

Just finished an ace photo shoot for Betty Brice Handbags.

I got to be all hipster and do the Polaroid thing. Although I actually used real Polaroid film in a Mamiya RZ67. It's basically the bees knees of film photography. I'm in love with it.

Just played a demo of Skyward Sword. Pimpsmacked a Stalfos and handled the Golden Beetle thing to fucking perfection. Bloke at the demo booth next to me couldn't do shit.

Shopping! gosh I've not been shopping for clothes properly in a while.

Time to get ready and go get drunk :D

Just played a demo of Skyward Sword. Pimpsmacked a Stalfos and handled the Golden Beetle thing to fucking perfection. Bloke at the demo booth next to me couldn't do shit.

Please tell me you were not at MCM....

Please tell me you were not at MCM....

I was not at MCM. I was at Gamecity in Nottingham. Where they "turned Nottingham Square into Hyrule Town". Await my report for further details.

Finally kinda broke the news to my parents that my current plan is to move out of the house soon and move to the UK and find a job and house there. It feels good to finally have said it, as it's been brewing for a long time but whenever I mentioned something, they just wouldn't listen. Now they finally have, whoo!

I'm very nervous about all this and mom seems to be very sceptical about it all. Dad didn't really say much, nothing even. I'm worried that if things don't work out for me, they won't be there to help me any more and will be all "Told you so!".

But maybe that's just me being negative heh. I'm just happy I finally got to tell them this is the "plan", even though it's still in its very early stages heh.

Finally kinda broke the news to my parents that my current plan is to move out of the house soon and move to the UK and find a job and house there. It feels good to finally have said it, as it's been brewing for a long time but whenever I mentioned something, they just wouldn't listen. Now they finally have, whoo!

I'm very nervous about all this and mom seems to be very sceptical about it all. Dad didn't really say much, nothing even. I'm worried that if things don't work out for me, they won't be there to help me any more and will be all "Told you so!".

But maybe that's just me being negative heh. I'm just happy I finally got to tell them this is the "plan", even though it's still in its very early stages heh.

My sister felt the same way, she wanted to move to Malta for at least two years before she broke it to my parents.

But she's over there, working in a company she enjoys and says it's the best decision even if it was tough at first.

I also ended up moving too and soon I'll be planning to move to another country (whether or not it's with Spotify).

It's all about confidence, if you want to do it, you will, the first step is over and if you don't try it just because you'll have the ''I told you so'' then you'll always regret it!

Good luck Ine, I'm sure you'll do just fine. :D

I know, I told them I'll never know if I don't give it a try. Things might not work out: I might not find a job I like, I might not like the country/city, maybe things don't work out between me and Jim... But I'll never know if I don't at least give it a try!

I just hope the parents will be supportive. I do care a lot about my family, despite them driving me nuts sometimes. So I'd hate to lose contact with them as they've always been a big part of my life heh.

But yes, I guess now starts the hunt for a job and house!

I know, I told them I'll never know if I don't give it a try. Things might not work out: I might not find a job I like, I might not like the country/city, maybe things don't work out between me and Jim... But I'll never know if I don't at least give it a try!

I just hope the parents will be supportive. I do care a lot about my family, despite them driving me nuts sometimes. So I'd hate to lose contact with them as they've always been a big part of my life heh.

But yes, I guess now starts the hunt for a job and house!

Whee exciting :D.

I'm sure they will!