NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Congrats @jayseven by the way!

Had a uni-like day yesterday. After @Ellmeister bailed on me (AM CRAI) spent the day in Jodie's bed alongside a couple who we know (who spent the night there) watching films (RED and Battle Royale), eating pizza and watching youtube videos. Then went out for Nandos with Jodie (not the healthiest of days) and to the pub.

However now I have a lot of things I need to do today. But OH WELL!

Just found out I lost 3lb in the last two weeks, which is great for me! :D

I'm still quite tempted to get this:

41pkG541coL.jpg

Good stuff is coming back to Cambridge, I love my family and love being home, but it's nice not to dread coming back here.

Sitting outside a café in Spain drinking a nice refreshing diet coke, the sea in front of me lit up by an almost full moon.

The weather is lovely here, about 27-28°C and very sunny. Enjoying it thoroughly. =)

I just finished my first uni assignment tonight for tomorrow. I'm about to print it out when NO MORE BLACK INK FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Why is this in the good stuff thread, you ask? Because as soon as the initial panic subsided, I thought for a few seconds and decided to MacGyver the fuck out of the situation by changing the font colour to a dark blue that's nearly indistinguishable from black since there's still plenty of blue ink in my printer.

fuck_yea_in_hd_by_crusierpl_re_sharenator_is_growing-s900x773-1208111.png

Wouldn't the printer need black ink to create the dark blue?

I worried that might be the case, but apparently not.

Wouldn't the printer need black ink to create the dark blue?

It uses all three/four colour inks to create near-back. Dark grey will also print with no black ink.

I just finished my first uni assignment tonight for tomorrow. I'm about to print it out when NO MORE BLACK INK FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Why is this in the good stuff thread, you ask? Because as soon as the initial panic subsided, I thought for a few seconds and decided to MacGyver the fuck out of the situation by changing the font colour to a dark blue that's nearly indistinguishable from black since there's still plenty of blue ink in my printer.

fuck_yea_in_hd_by_crusierpl_re_sharenator_is_growing-s900x773-1208111.png

I thought everyone did that?

Just come across this site, loads of stuff I want to order now!

http://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/

I WANT IT ALL! Holy mother of Jesus, that site is awesome! I especially love this little fellow:

robot-thumb-drive.jpg

That, and the shark sleeping bag. And everything else!

Life would be so much easier if I was a billionaire... :heh:

First day of work!

Six guys started with me, three left by lunch-time. Thing is, it's probably the easiest telemarketing job that can be done. Work with the dad of someone I knew at school and my line manager spotted the book I was reading and we had a chat about Iain M. Banks for a while. He also let me book two days of holday - including one this thursday. Had some good banter with some other colleagues, and the manager of the department knew both my employer and manager at my last place and we exchanged a few knowing words.

THEN I get home and get a call from another job, this time permanent, for Comet - I didn't ask whether it was the admin or sales position, but essentially I couldn't make the interview day and am a little annoyed that two jobs come along at once. I said I'd give them a call if/when this temp job finishes (I'm told there's work 'til 28th of october, but it's clear that they'll keep on anyone who shows brains [me!]).

A good start. here's waiting for the next payday - should be pulling in more money next friday than I've earned in the last 6 weeks combined, easily! Of course, a large chunk will go straight back out to the kind friends and family that carried me through the hard times.

Well, I'm off to Ohio (via Chicago) tomorrow morning to see my girlfriend. I'm only slightly GOING CRAZY WITH EXCITEMENT!!! :yay: :yay: :awesome: :yay::yay:

il_fullxfull.264931241.jpg

41fIVCP46hL._SS400_.jpg

91ZvNpU5lWL._AA1500_.jpg

r2d2_trashcan.jpg

These need to be in my life! If I were a billionaire, my house would be cluttered with this awesome shit! :D

I'd also like this shirt too! SHIRT!

Edited by Animal

Just found out my sister is pregnant again. She was planning on waiting until she'd been to the doctor before telling people other than parents but her boyfriends mum decided to post it on Facebook last night so my sister is trying to let everyone know this morning before they read it there.

Just found out my sister is pregnant again. She was planning on waiting until she'd been to the doctor before telling people other than parents but her boyfriends mum decided to post it on Facebook last night so my sister is trying to let everyone know this morning before they read it there.

Which leads me nicely onto my good stuff. I've got something to tell you. You might want to sit down...