NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Finally... fucking FINALLY, figured out a programming problem that I've had for about 4 days now.

This now means my dissertation's product should be completed tomorrow night and my dissertation as a whole by Sunday night.

FUCK.

I'm going to be so glad for my dissertation to be out the way.

Got a new laptop at work... w00t...

having .net frame work errors when trying to run SSMS2008 though :blank:

IT'S HERE.
What will your first picture be though? You may always remember the first pic you took with it. That's a £1500 camera so it best not be of the charging dock or your feet or something :heh:

What will your first picture be though? You may always remember the first pic you took with it. That's a £1500 camera so it best not be of the charging dock or your feet or something :heh:

IMG_3189.jpg

Not great, but passable. Especially considering that it was my first time shooting at F1.4. The depth of field is stupidly tiny.

I did download a bit of software to see how many times the shutter had been fired. Check the freshness:

Fresh.jpg

I don't think the software can read the serial number of the 5D. Either that or I've bought a stolen one...

I don't think the software can read the serial number of the 5D. Either that or I've bought a stolen one...

Yes... "bought".

Ball is finally rolling with regards to my experiment for my dissertation. Had 3 people come along today, all of whom produced results which are exactly what I was expecting to find. Shame I've still got to test another 29 people but I've at least had plenty of replies for booking timeslots so going well so far.

Not particularly looking forward to a 4 hour solid block of testing tomorrow from 12pm but there'll probably be a trip to the pub afterwards (as long as one of the girls coming along manages to stop messing me about for a couple of hours :nono: I'd have told her where to go a long time ago but well... :heart:) so that should be good :D

Also, no more Decision Making classes! Module is now finished, albeit with 2 revision sessions before the exam in May, but so glad I no longer have to sit through that nonsense for 2 hours on a Tuesday.

I feel quite confident in the stages of my Dissertation over the next 11 Weeks (or so)

My group is the only group within my 3rd Year Project in Psychology to have finished experimenting and we have all the data it just needs to be analysed. With this in mind I started working on my Methods section this afternoon and I'm already almost done with my introduction. :)

In terms of my other work I have two more modules to get done and aside from another presentation, I think I can do well in them. :D

I had a pretty good day today, but quite a few of you have final year projects going on around here, so good luck to you all!

Got an email this morning from the restaurant that I'd already decided to go to for pre-birthday drinks offering me a free bottle of bubbly if I go there for my birthday. Sweet!

Holy shit!

Just wrote the last piece of code for my product.

I'm kinda want to re-write most of it because it ended up being so unwieldy...

And I would actually enjoy re-organising it.

Code looks pretty when nicely done.

But not right now.

Drinks, good (mainly new) company, good chat, good food, and good music (although the Union did play the same Nickelback song twice, which was dire, but they made up for it with a bit of Foreigner and Fleetwood Mac :bouncy:). Perfect end to a rather tedious day.

If only every day would end like that.....

Got a few more assignments back today, 60, 70 and another 70. One 70 was for the work I had to do and present in front of some guys from Bristol City Council, which I'm really pleased with as that one is a double module... So despite the marks I'm pissed off with from yesterday, I'm feeling a bit better about it today!

I have just reached 37,000 words written of my book. :yay:

Well done :)

What are you writing about? And how've you found the process so far?

Well done :)

What are you writing about? And how've you found the process so far?

Thanks! :)

It's a fantasy adventure story probably for older teens/adults as some of it gets quite dark. :p I have had the "main" idea since 10 but it has shifted over time and it took me 8 years to finalise the concept (for 3 books) I have been writing it on and off since 2008, more off than on. Since School/University gets in the way. :heh:

It is a fairly painful process for me but relaxing at the same time. It's not actually the writing it up that is hard for me it is making sure the characters stay in character and that the plot stays "logically" consistent.I don't feel I'm the best of writers but I do believe that I have a good story to tell and I have wanted to do this since I was young and I do want to be an author.

I made different steps as well as I'm writing a short story (almost done) for a competition and actually in the middle of a smaller children's story which has a good end. (I just have to get to it. :p)

There are good and bad days. Since my last post I got to 38,006 words but now I'm stuck and have been brainstorming yesterday and today. Other times if I work on it long enough I feel like my idea isn't actually that great or this is a waste of time if no one decides to publish it but then I have get over that and keep going.

The best thing is with every word people have to take me more seriously as I really do intend for this to happen no matter how long it takes. :grin:

Oh and today I found a £10 note. :smile:

Three visitors walked around the corner at the EXACT moment I blurted out something quite/mildly loudly. They didn't hear. What did I blurt?

Had just had a customer on the phone, whose memorable word was "fuckface", and I was querying if I had to do anything.

Lol.

Phone conversation I had with my mother earlier:

Her: You're going to be an uncle.

Me: Which one?

Her: The little one.

Me: Urgh. Idiot.

I'm sure he'll try hard but he's only a baby himself!

In other news we had a pre-exam board meeting that went well, or at least it ended. Then we went for cake!

Five day weekend :D

Being able to get drunk on two cans is awesome isn't it? :p

Also, my dad made the funnies joke ever at the expense of my mother today. I can't share it because it's pretty personal but fuuuuck, it was hilarious.

I've had a very busy week or two, lots of stuff to do and in such a short space of time.

First of all, I had to help my class create an assembly. I've always wanted to make an Art Film that focuses just around music and images/video, but never had the time to do it. Anyway, after watching a fan-made video with The Only Moment We Were Alone playing (by Explosions in the Sky), I thought about maybe doing that for the assembly.

I showed it to my class, and they didn't really know what we had to do at first. But, we started to get the ideas flowing and we turned the assembly into a "thank you" video, where we celebrate the good things about the school and how it wouldn't be the same without everyone's help. It basically involved 2 days of the children going around the school, with little digital cameras, recording footage and images that were to be used.

We had a minor issue with the software we wanted to use...in that it didn't appear to be on the school system anymore. So, after some quick thinking, we found a way around that. It all seemed to go well and the kids seemed to pick up how to use the software very easily, and were editing videos and taking the parts they wanted with ease.

There was a minor panic when it came to actually doing the assembly on Wednesday. We got the projector ready to display the video in the hall, but the file seemed to revert back to an earlier save state, so it wasn't displaying all the work we had done. I panicked like a bitch, but managed to get the assembly to postpone until the day after. Weirdly, the video worked when we tried it in the classroom later on...so dunno wtf was up.

When it came to the actual performance, we showed off the video with Human Qualities being played in the background by Explosions in the Sky. I played them some music that I thought would go (instrumentally type stuff) and they chose that one, to my delight, heh. Anyway, the video was a hit, and we've been asked to put it on the school website. Headmaster was very, very pleased and happy. One of the older kids even swears that he saw him cry during the performance. Fuck Yeah. Human Tears!

I've also moved into the house/flat! The internet is sorted, and today I bought a toaster, microwave and kettle after work. We have almost everything here now. Just need to get an ironing board.

I feel asleep on a train last night woke up at the last stop and had to get a taxi home. £50 down the drain :(

Also I feel really ill so anything I had planned to do today I think I'm going to have to scrap.

Drinks, good (mainly new) company, good chat, good food, and good music (although the Union did play the same Nickelback song twice, which was dire, but they made up for it with a bit of Foreigner and Fleetwood Mac :bouncy:). Perfect end to a rather tedious day.

If only every day would end like that.....

You pan Nickelback yet like Foreigner?

Hmm.

I feel asleep on a train last night woke up at the last stop and had to get a taxi home. £50 down the drain :(

Also I feel really ill so anything I had planned to do today I think I'm going to have to scrap.

Great to hear!

:woops:

Went out to Ely with a friend from Sheffield, it was nice to have some proper tea and food. Then went to the antique shop next door.

4 antique cameras - one of them is a very well looked after olympus, but that's £80, going to stop by and see if they might give me a little less for it :D. Working camera ahoy.