Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

Congrats NW :)

Had a surprisingly pleasant two days considering I thought at this point I'll be exhausted, having spent 60-odd hours at uni this week and spending all of tomorrow doing work. Met Jodie and her boyfriend and his friends/colleagues after uni yesterday. Was intending to buy drinks but never got the chance (but then they are well-paid graphic designers so... :p). Then at uni today I got a text off Razziatore and we met up for linner in Shoreditch, which was nice (Razz, not so much Shoreditch). Walked back home and it was a really pleasant casual walk. Think it took the best part of two hours (although I did go food shopping) and my iPod was firing on all the right cylinders for my mood/the atmosphere. Regina Spektor, The Shins, Sufjan Stevens etc.

Edited by Ashley

Just been round my grandparents' house for the first time since xmas as I haven't had the time outside of Uni to go round. So was nice to see them and their new dog, Olly, who is adorable. Cheeky little sod as well, as he kept trying to chew my jeans.

Got £100 from them for my birthday, which was more than expected.

Also been listening to some of the new album that 'Journey' are putting out in a couple of weeks (I say 'Journey' because it's not the same without Perry) and it's actually pretty good. Not as good as the older stuff but still good in its own right.

These at least make up for the fact my parents have glossed over the fact its my birthday :nono: The sooner I can move out the better it seems.

Just got back from a date with an amazing girl that involved ikea meatballs for lunch, investment property hunting and watching the sunset on the ocean with a picnic from a cliff top.

Great times.

Isn't it your birthday as well? Sure I remember us sharing the same birthday. If so, Happy Birthday! If not, I've gone and mad an arse out of myself again.

It certainly was :heh: My name didn't show up under "Today's Birthday's" for whatever reason.. not that it really matters :indeed:

All I can say to you is enjoy 22 while it lasts because 23 is where it all goes to hell.. or maybe that was just me ::shrug:

All I can say to you is enjoy 22 while it lasts because 23 is where it all goes to hell.. or maybe that was just me ::shrug:

23 will be the age where I get a better job, find a girlfriend and move into a rented house/apartment.

Well, that's the plan anyway.

Plans are all well and good, but you need to act to make things happen. I planned to not be in a retail job at this age and be finishing my degree at this point but I ended up dropping out after 5 months of uni, when I realised it wasn't for me. Since then I've worked at HMV and GAME, both as Sales Assistants, and have yet to move up in either company.

As a result I feel like I'm coasting. I don't like it.

I'm clearly in the wrong thread..

You could always try and study something else. I dropped out in my third year because I hated the course.

Went onto another course where I got my Bachelor and Master degree (4 year course). And after this year I'll hopefully be getting my Teaching degree as well. It's never too late to try something new heh. =)

25 is when things all change. You have to pick a different age bracket on application forms etc.

Ugh, tell me about it. I just got a letter from my insurance company today telling me that I'm too old for youth insurance now. I feel like I should just lie down and await death. :blank:

So enjoy being 23/24, kids. It's all over once you hit 25!

Just got back from a date with an amazing girl that involved ikea meatballs for lunch' date=' investment property hunting and watching the sunset on the ocean with a picnic from a cliff top.

Great times.[/quote']

Is this the chess girl that you're chasing? or are you keeping various options open?