NEurope
Retro_Link

The Dark Knight Rises (Spoilers inside, enter at own risk)

Just watched the prologue. Tom Hardy as Bane is just perfect he fucking sells it. The man is a beast. It was hard to understand him in the video as it wasnt the best quality but I had no problems understanding him in the high quality audio file I heard earlier.

New trailer sometime over the next few days aswell.

Is the prologue online?

I haven't been able to find it (although I haven't look particularly hard :p )

People who have seen the prologue, (I don't really want to because i'm worried about spoilers etc) I've heard that Banes voice is really hard to understand due to being behind a a mask and faffed around with and i was wondering if it was as bad as they say?

That would be rubbish if you couldn't understand the villain in a film. Maybe he isn't the villain at all, maybe he's just misunderstood...

People who have seen the prologue, (I don't really want to because i'm worried about spoilers etc) I've heard that Banes voice is really hard to understand due to being behind a a mask and faffed around with and i was wondering if it was as bad as they say?

That would be rubbish if you couldn't understand the villain in a film. Maybe he isn't the villain at all, maybe he's just misunderstood...

I struggled to understand what he said, but the quality of the film I watched was pretty awful.

I'm sure it'll be easier to understand when not watching a mobile phone recording.

l4MUe.jpg

<floodgates>

That looks like The Dark Knight meets Transformers...

Great trailer!

Very excited by this. Mostly just to see how well Tom Hardy turns out as Bane.

I'll NEVER watch it...!

*turns, hitches up skirt and runs out*

*is Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Bennet*

Well, obviously.

tumblr_lgsghrCcUf1qgnsnbo1_500.gif

*trying to keep busy and not think about the trailer*

Even though i got the Dark Knight soundtrack and have listened to it a few hundred times, that 2-3 seconds of music at the end of the new trailer still makes me come.

This been posted yet? Been around for a week but I've only seen it for the first time today

bane-rules-in-new-dark-knight-rises-poster-9255-1323554760-2.jpg

Batman rises is the name I quickly came up with as being better than the official title, The Dark Knight rises.

"Rises" as in he comes out of hiding.

"Rises" back into the hearts of Gotham

"Rises" to a whole new level of badass, "Rises to the challenge"

"Rises" above the threat that faces Gotham

I don't know, maybe Nolan has a completely different notion of what he whats "Rises" to mean for the purpose of this film!

... however, I struggle to see how you can't find any meaning in it!?

"Rises" as in Christian Bale has had acting lessons and maybe he won't be overshadowed in his performance by slightly out of focus static objects in the periphery of the frame.

Hi-res official pic of Hathaway in costume.

1334165631.jpg

I love. Such a throwback to the 60's show. I'm seeing Julie Newmar/Eartha Kitt.

Love the heels. Love the boots. I used to call above-knee length boots 'Catwoman boots' when I was little. Yes.

I watched Dark Knight again on my way to Portsmouth. Such a fantastic movie I really cannot wait for this.

The Catwoman costume works fine up until you get to the mask. Then it just looks like a bad Hallowe'en costume.

I am looking forward to this a lot. Something about The Dark Knight didn't work for me. Joker was incredible, but I didn't get the same excitement as I did from Batman Begins. Am really looking forward to this, though. Purely for Tom Hardy's Bane.

I dont really have a problem with the costume, just looks to me that her Catwoman will be one that doesnt take herself too seriously.

As for the movie itself, im not especially looking forward to it. Both the previous Batman movies I have thought were good movies and I do enjoy them but not nearly as much as other comic movies. I think it almost feels as if they take themselves too seriously and while taking that style has proven successful it just leaves me a bit "that was good but at the same time meh"

They should have gone Year One and given her a buzz cut. She just looks naff with that mask, as Flinky pointed out. I like the Batman films because they aren't camp as f*ck, like all the other superhero films and this Catwoman doesn't look like it fits that aesthetic.

Who knows, though.

Honestly, I'm not convinced Nolan actually understands Batman.

I like it actually. She looks as silly as the name "Catwoman" is and her character is always kind of a cheeky pisstake of Batman himself. She SHOULD look like she's wearing a bit of a halloween costume.

I still don't see why Robin is this big no-no, can't be done seriously, are you crazy!? with Christian Bale and Nolan... I think he's just as silly as Catwoman is.