NEurope
Retro_Link

The Dark Knight Rises (Spoilers inside, enter at own risk)

wallpaper12056.jpg

It will soon be time for Batman to come out of hiding again for the filming of Batman 3.

Might as well use this news to kick-start a Batman thread...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/112/1127785p1.html

Inception's Tom Hardly reportedly cast in top secret role.

Deadline reports that English actor Tom Hardy, 33, has been cast in an unnamed "lead role" in Batman 3. Hardy previously worked with Bat-director Christopher Nolan in this summer's Inception.

"Insiders are keeping the role secret and won't even say if he's up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption," according to the site. Rumors swirled in August that Hardy was under consideration for the role of Riddler.

inception-20100624105602606_640w_1283549791.jpg

Hardy first came to audiences' notice as the villainous Praetor Shinzon in Star Trek: Nemesis before later gaining critical acclaim for his prison drama Bronson. He also starred opposite Daniel Craig in Layer Cake, and has appeared in RocknRolla, Black Hawk Down and Band of Brothers.

Just fantastic news to have him onboard IMO, whatever role he has been given!

And if the Joseph Gordon-Levitt rumours are true, and a likely return for Cillian Murphy and of course Michael Caine... roll on Inception 2!!Batman 3!!

Seriously though, at least these are all quality actors!

Edited by Retro_Link

I LOVE Tom Hardy.

Tom Hardy as Killer Croc. Tilda Swinton as the Riddler. Cillian Murphy back as Scarecrow. Andrew Garfield as Black Mask and Hugh Jackman as Hush.

I win at casting.

I think a certain Andrew Garfield may be swinging his way around Manhatten at the time!... but having read up on Batman's list of adversaries (not having read the Comics), Black Mask really would make for an awesome and fitting villain, given where the story is atm.

Tom Hardy is awesome, by far one of the best british actors around atm.

Killer Croc is being rumoured on the internet, but surely there's no way they'd dare venture down the CGI villian route!... it all but ruined Spiderman, and Nolan hasn't felt the need to use it yet and all for the better!

Unless they very much alter the character and have him as a human character and Killer Croc only by name...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Croc

In Croc's initial string of appearances — a Detective Comics story arc that culminated in Jason Todd adopting the mantle of Robin — he was depicted as an unnamed, shadowy figure in a trenchcoat. A ruthless criminal who wants to become the crime kingpin of Gotham City, Croc works behind the scenes using methods like sniping to eliminate his criminal competitors.

Just leave out the reptilian part!

And can you really look past JGL as the Riddler atm, unless that goes to Tom Hardy, which could work just as well!

Edited by Retro_Link

If they were truly good, they'd introduce Doctor Hurt.

batman-and-robin-14.jpg

*awaits E-high five*

*probably never happens*

I LOVE Tom Hardy.

Tom Hardy as Killer Croc

So long as they don't go down the Arkham Asylum route.

The comics have yet to include her like they did Harley Quinn, but one of the secret best Batman villains is relatively unremembered:

She's just such a classique. When I inevitably write Batman, I'll write her debut.

Batman is a rubbish super hero, no matter how good Nolan's movies are.

Batman is a rubbish super hero, no matter how good Nolan's movies are.

You are so bad. Clearly have never read any (good) Batman comics.

You are so bad. Clearly have never read any (good) Batman comics.

But... but... I like my heroes to have some kind of unique power or ability. Money isn't a power and that's pretty much all Batman has.

Say it three times without laughing, it's impossible.

Bat... man.

Bat... man.

BAT... MAN.

But... but... I like my heroes to have some kind of unique power or ability. Money isn't a power and that's pretty much all Batman has.

Get the fuck out before I cut you.

Then make you read this. And this and this.

This is worse than Happenstance not liking Daredevil.

Say it three times without laughing, it's impossible.

Bat... man.

Bat... man.

BAT... MAN.

Batman has gadgets and inventiveness. He's like Macgyver, except he prepares his equipment beforehand.

Next you're going to tell me that Ironman sucks because his armor was bought with money, which is all he has...

And "Batman" is such an awesome name, no other language calls him anything else (I think), unlike, say, Spiderman or Superman.

This is worse than Happenstance not liking Daredevil.

Meh, I dislike Daredevil as well. Not my cup of tea.

I changed my mind. Tom Hardy would be an awesome Hush.

Get Jackie Earle Haley to play Croc.

Next you're going to tell me that Ironman sucks because his armor was bought with money, which is all he has...

Ironman sucks because Tony Stark is an unlikeable prick (at least, he is in the films).

Ironman sucks because Tony Stark is an unlikeable prick (at least, he is in the films).

He's awesome, very witty and hilarious at times.

"Give me a scotch. I'm starving."

No, this pretty much sums up Batman

Well, sure. People could buy and read that, or they could just jump onto that link I posted and get the full story in five minutes and for free.

Well, sure. People could buy and read that, or they could just jump onto that link I posted and get the full story in five minutes and for free.

It took you 5 minutes to read that?

You got some sick reading problems.