NEurope
Retro_Link

The Dark Knight Rises (Spoilers inside, enter at own risk)

but won't the subtitles be in Flemish?

Yeah, and French. My Flemish/Dutch is getting better, so I should be fine with it. I've watched quite a lot of films there and had no problems yet.

Plus, I'll have Ine as my translator if it does get difficult. :laughing:

I'm moving house the day this comes out, but I don't care. House move be damned! To the IMAX!

I need my Batman fix, so I've been watching episodes from The Animated Series online. Currently watching part II of Robin's Reckoning.

Such a good series. Loved it as a kid.

If anyone is planning to watch a rerun of last night David Letterman show with an interview with Ann Hathaway.... best not.

Apparently Letterman gave away a key plot twist for the end of the film :heh:

David Letterman has apparently spoiled a key plot twist in the new Batman movie.

The popular US talk show host made the apparent blunder while interviewing actor Anne Hathaway last night, who plays Catwoman in the new film The Dark Knight Rises.

Letterman shocked Hathaway when he said, "I saw this movie, the Batman movie ... and in the end — " before revealing a dramatic plot development.

"The wrath you have just invited onto yourself!" Hathaway responded. Then she looked into the camera and addressed director Christopher Nolan, "Chris, I had no part in it, I'm sorry."

It is unclear whether Letterman's spoiler was genuine but social media users reacted with fury.

One Twitter user threatened: "I'm going to kill David Letterman if it's the last thing I do."

"Thank you David Letterman, you son of a bitch," tweeted another.

Angry fans also left comments on the late night host's Facebook page, labelling him a "prize asshole" and declaring, "You need to retire ... what is wrong with you?"

It has been reported that Nolan went to "extreme lengths" to ensure the movie's ending remained a secret - even from the cast themselves.

Early scripts had pages missing and the stars, including Christian Bale, were under strict orders about what they could reveal in promotional interviews.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/talk-show-host-in-batman-spoiler-20120714-222gg.html#ixzz20ao1Kefq

Wait...I didn't read that for fear of spoilers.

Does it need to be spoiler tagged?

There are no spoilers in the article.

Do you think I would be as stupid as Letterman?

I myself only know that he said "something" but I thankfully do not know what it is he said.

I also just booked my tickets for this on Friday night at the 8.30 show.

Gotta dig up my Begins and Dark Knight DVDs now :D

Doesn't really seem fair to call Letterman stupid when we don't know if the spoiler was genuine or not. :p

Unfortunately, I may know what Letterman said as a friend posted several Batman related things on Facebook all covering the same thing before I knew about Letterman supposedly outing the ending :nono: At least I made it into the cinema with the Dark Knight before the people sitting behind me spilled on what happened at the end of that film. Don't know if what I read was true, and don't want to know before I see the film so I guess I'll wait and see.

Still waiting on the small cinema near me posting viewing times for Friday so haven't booked/can't book yet. Hopefully they do that on Monday so I can get it booked. And hopefully, they've got sofas in all the screens now as that was a nice find when I saw Spiderman.

I think you all know what Letterman's spoiler is deep down inside, you're just trying to ignore that obvious gut feeling.

I think you all know what Letterman's spoiler is deep down inside, you're just trying to ignore that obvious gut feeling.

"Batman, you can choose one of three paths.

You can choose to sacrifice yourself in order to gain control of the villains of Gotham and use their powers for good.

Or you can choose to merge all of the villains and good guys and end all conflict forever, since now everyone will be a little bit good and a little bit evil.

Or you can kill all of the villains, but this will also kill Catwoman and Alfred for some reason."

:sad:

Do you think I would be as stupid as Letterman?

I myself only know that he said "something" but I thankfully do not know what it is he said.

I also just booked my tickets for this on Friday night at the 8.30 show.

Gotta dig up my Begins and Dark Knight DVDs now :D

It's the biggest movie of the year. I didn't want to take any chances just in case! Don't think you're stupid :hug:

Saw a trailer for this for the first time when I went to see Spiderman yesterday. I've intentionally avoided stuff so I don't get excited, but needless to say...the trailer gave me goosebumps. Am excited!

*Opens link*

5 Stars

Yep, that'll do

*Closes tab*

*Did exact same thing*

*Do these work in the past tense?*

*I guess they just did*

I've told one of my friends to force me to watch this, as I have no motivation or excitement for it.

But I know it needs watching.

Edit: It's been booked.

Edited by Cube

Y'know, from the trailer I'm not actually that excited. It's not that clear how the plot comes together, but maybe that's a good thing, it will be interesting to discover. Mostly I don't think Catwoman seems that great. Not that Hathaway isn't pulling it off, but compared to Bane and Bats, the outfit is a little too understated and some of the lines are lacking the attitude (cattitude? HA!) I expect from the character.

That said I'm booking the first available tickets. Maybe I'm more excited about the Man of Steel trailer...

That said I'm booking the first available tickets. Maybe I'm more excited about the Man of Steel trailer...

Is there any word on whether we will be getting a Man of Steel trailer with Batman? I hope so.

Is there any word on whether we will be getting a Man of Steel trailer with Batman? I hope so.

I'd be tempted to walk out of the cinema the moment it comes on.

What for? No love for the man who is super?

What for? No love for the man who is super?

Big_Gay_Al.gif

Pretty much confirmed, @Hero\-of\-Time. Snyder stated it at the Comic-Con panel where they showed a little footage of the movie.

That would be pretty silly. I mean for starters, you're going to miss the movie you paid for. Before you're even out of the screen, never mind the cinema, the trailer will probably be over. Also you'd get in peoples' way, and that's just not cool man.

Pretty much confirmed, @Hero\-of\-Time. Snyder stated it at the Comic-Con panel where they showed a little footage of the movie.

Awesome. I'm more hyped about seeing that trailer than Batman. :D

That would be pretty silly. I mean for starters, you're going to miss the movie you paid for. Before you're even out of the screen, never mind the cinema, the trailer will probably be over. Also you'd get in peoples' way, and that's just not cool man.

I was slightly exaggerating. I'll probably just let out an inaudible groan, unless they've radically changed the character.