NEurope
Retro_Link

The Dark Knight Rises (Spoilers inside, enter at own risk)

well obvs. That's what fire does. lol. amiright?

And yet somehow it looks like it is falling in that poster.

The marketing team seems to have swallowed the little book of cliches.

New Tv spot. zomg.

Another, fuck is it July yet?

Edited by bryanee

Well the the mumblings are that this film is 3 hours long *drooool*

Omg, did they seriously put a stiletto AND lipstick AND kisses in that poster...

She's a woman. We did realise that. :indeed:

I really did hope they wouldn't go down the tired femme fatale route. If we must have Catwoman, i want one that's more of an alternate version of Batman himself, not some lipstick marks floozy.

The very fact she can do what she does in those heels makes her twice as tough as Batman anyway.

Omg, did they seriously put a stiletto AND lipstick AND kisses in that poster...

They fapped around with the Joker's lipstick on some of the last movie's posters. Why break tradition?

If you've already pre-booked your tickets for The Dark Knight Rises, remember to bring a cushion, a snack and three hours of your time because the official length of Christopher Nolan's final Batman film is 164 minutes 27 seconds.Confirmed by the BBFC, the 12A film contains "moderate violence" and will last 720 seconds more than The Dark Knight did, which clocked in at grand ol' 152 minutes. The rating is also the same as Bale's previous outing as The Caped Crusader, meaning that Nolan will hopefully be able to get away with such forceful scenes as the Joker's pencil trick with the likes of Bane and his goons.

Does the news that The Dark Knight Rises will last almost two and three quarter hours fill you with glee? Let us know in the comment box below - but not until you check out this feature-filled countdown of every day until the movie is »

10 characters

I've booked tickets to see Batman Begins and The Dark Knight back to back. It's going to be in one of the Studio Rooms at Empire Cinema (in Poole). The room is tiny, it feels pretty intimate. So excited. :D

Glad that this has a long running time. 2 Hours probably would have been too short to round things off. The ultimate dream would have been seeing all three films back to back, but lets not get greedy now. :geek:

I've booked tickets to see Batman Begins and The Dark Knight back to back. It's going to be in one of the Studio Rooms at Empire Cinema (in Poole). The room is tiny, it feels pretty intimate. So excited. :D

Glad that this has a long running time. 2 Hours probably would have been too short to round things off. The ultimate dream would have been seeing all three films back to back, but lets not get greedy now. :geek:

A cinema local to me (the oldest one in Edinburgh I think) is doing a marathon, ending with DKR! Sounds cool but I dunno if I'd have the stamina, and would rather see it 'properly'.

A cinema local to me (the oldest one in Edinburgh I think) is doing a marathon, ending with DKR! Sounds cool but I dunno if I'd have the stamina, and would rather see it 'properly'.

What the-

Go do eetttt. It's the way it should be done. :D

So jealous.

What the-

Go do eetttt. It's the way it should be done. :D

So jealous.

But my eyes will be tired! The whole thing doesn't start until like 11, so yeah...will end the next morning! I'd rather just watch the prior two in the run-up.

ALTHOUGH I'm going to be away when it comes out!! I hate. Everyone will have seen it before me. :hmm:

What this movie needs to hype me even further is an awesome tagline. Nothing will beat this beauty that I remember seeing on Fox Kids late at night during Power Ranger repeats..

I watched Begins and The Dark Knight back to back on Sunday. I adore Begins, really it's an amazing movie and I actually enjoyed The Dark Knight this time around. I still hate Bale when he's Batman though. The part at the end of TDK where he has The Joker swinging upside down and starts talking, I can hardly understand what he's saying, it's so annoying and forced.

Two quotes that I love in Begins are...

Why do we fall, sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.

and

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Quality.

Got my tickets booked for this now so i'm all set. : peace:

I watched Begins and The Dark Knight back to back on Sunday. I adore Begins, really it's an amazing movie and I actually enjoyed The Dark Knight this time around. I still hate Bale when he's Batman though. The part at the end of TDK where he has The Joker swinging upside down and starts talking, I can hardly understand what he's saying, it's so annoying and forced.

Two quotes that I love in Begins are...

and

Quality.

Got my tickets booked for this now so i'm all set. : peace:

Yeah, some parts in The Dark Knight where Bale speaks at Batman are really difficult to make out. I've been a bit worried about this happening again in The Dark Knight Rises.

I love Nolan's work, but sound is a bit of an issue for me in his films. It's not always clear what the characters are saying, and there's usually some sort of quiet or booming music in the background (even during the quieter scenes) which makes it even harder. I saw Inception in the cinema and it was a pain in the arse at times to listen to at certain points.

Solution: I'm watching this in Belgium, when we're going to see Ine's family. Subtitles. Fucking God-send.

Yeah, some parts in The Dark Knight where Bale speaks at Batman are really difficult to make out. I've been a bit worried about this happening again in The Dark Knight Rises.

I love Nolan's work, but sound is a bit of an issue for me in his films. It's not always clear what the characters are saying, and there's usually some sort of quiet or booming music in the background (even during the quieter scenes) which makes it even harder. I saw Inception in the cinema and it was a pain in the arse at times to listen to at certain points.

Solution: I'm watching this in Belgium, when we're going to see Ine's family. Subtitles. Fucking God-send.

but won't the subtitles be in Flemish?