NEurope
Retro_Link

The Dark Knight Rises (Spoilers inside, enter at own risk)

Costume. ... I'm saying Heath Ledger's attire wasn't tacky, and that Pffoeffefjeksnr's was.

Edited by dwarf

(dwarf is right in this case. A costume like the 1992 one would look silly in this universe.)

They could just get a headband with some ears on. BOOM. Instant transformation.

That's how they did Scarecrow.

Lots of images and videos flying around of

the new Batwing

On Gizmodo there's a video of another accident on set involving ^^^, and in that post there's a link to a load of other videos.

Put the link below in Spoilers as the link title tells everyone what the link shows :)

Click Me!

I really fear for this one. There are so many talented actors in the cast, I fear they'll cram too much into one story. Which is one of my few (small!) complaints about The Dark Knight, it had too many characters and not enough screen-time for Batman which left him a bit flat.

But Nolan's the man I guess and he's yet to deliver a bad film, so prove me wrong!

It's not like it looks bad, it's just that the idea of Catwoman and Bane, and what we've seen in the pictures seem like a hard sell after the RELATIVE realism of the last two movies and their villains. Though Batman Begins has fear gas and mysteriously reappearing-after-being-presumed-dead warlords.

I love Batman & Robin so I don't mind silly/camp Batman, but it would be a shame if there were elements that became unintentionally silly in this one. But I've yet to see a Chris Nolan film where that's the case though.

Gonna be the greatest movie EVER. No reason atall to doubt Nolan.

In other news filming has wrapped for Bale.

I don't understand why Catwoman needs high heels. They're just the most impractical thing to wear if you're a bugler or something.

I don't understand why Catwoman needs high heels. They're just the most impractical thing to wear if you're a bugler or something.

I just noticed that...wtf.

She doesn't even have high-heels in the comic books, in which women can 'get away with' ridiculous costumes. She's remarkably practical for a comic book character!

catwoman4.jpg

catwoman_1940s.jpg

Yeah but was Pre-Crisis Catwoman.

*doesn't explain what this means, despite the fact it means nothing to any non-comic nerd*

Yeah but was Pre-Crisis Catwoman.

I don't know if this was pre-crisis, but it's certainly more modern than the other image.

Batman-and-Catwoman-Arkham-City.jpg

It could be justified somewhat in that cats "walk on their toes".

Not a big fan of high heels either, though, and not at all on people of action.

I don't know if this was pre-crisis, but it's certainly more modern than the other image.

Batman-and-Catwoman-Arkham-City.jpg

Well thats from the Arkham City game so doesnt really count. Current comic Catwoman wears boots not high heels.

Well thats from the Arkham City game so doesnt really count. Current comic Catwoman wears boots not high heels.

:(

How current?

She had heels in the Blackest Night.

catwoman83-4.jpg

The Prologue was shown last night, and every article I've read about it so far, people have been praising it alot!

only gripe people had was they couldn't understand bane much.

I'll put the reviews / comments in spoliers as there are a few little snippets of some scenes explained -

"TDKR IMAX prologue was amazing. I didn't think he could, but I think Nolan has done it, he's made a movie to top TDK. Holy shit so good!!

There is Catwoman, Bane, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, it looks like everything I could've wished for and more. Nolan, such a brilliant filmmaker.

Aiden Gillen and Josh Stewart figure into the prologue but the whole things kicks off with Gordon talking about Harvey Dent.

New Bat logo is very cool! Prologue features some exciting acrobats. A must-see in IMAX format. Definitely worth seeking out those theaters.

Nolan shows us a visual spectacle we've never seen before, in crystal clear amazing IMAX."

Even though the opening shot takes place immediately after The Dark Knight and features Commissioner Gordon speaking at Harvey Dent's funeral (and is shot in 35mm), the footage moves immediately to IMAX and the events that transpire during the hostage situation discussed in the viral documents. There, we're treated to a hostage transfer and the reveal of Bane aboard a private plane and an ensuing fight that takes every advantage of the IMAX frame. Think less The Dark Knight and more Inception or, even closer, an IMAX version of a James Bond film.

In his introduction, Nolan stressed the importance of returning filmgoing to the grandeur that it was for him as a child, warning that said scale, "is being chipped away at in all kinds of ways."

Though the response from the crowd was overwhelmingly positive, there was much discussion about Bane's voice. Muffled by his mask and featuring a British accent, it's difficult to fully understand exactly what he is saying (but likely intentionally).

At the conclusion of the footage, there's a rapid montage of shots, all in IMAX, that feature a lot to excite fans, the most intriguing of which is Bane carrying a shattered half of Batman's mask.

"I've barely started to edit the rest of the film," Nolan cautioned with a laugh, "so don't ask me what happens at the end or anything like that."

The prologue, which runs six minutes and includes a brief one-minute montage of IMAX footage from later in the film, introduces us to the character of Bane, played by Tom Hardy. You must see for yourself exactly how that introduction is handled, but as Nolan has explained, it's the opening of the movie and it also gives us an idea of the feel and where this is headed. And holy shit, does it look unbelievably awesome. Nolan introduced this by speaking about how seeing films shot on film-stock IMAX brings back the "grandeur" of cinema, that "larger-than-life" experience he had watching movies as a kid. That is certainly the case here, as this is truly nothing grander than see an incredible action scene shot in IMAX, it all looks so stunning.

Even though it was only a brief six-minute tease, and admittedly I have a tendency to get easily hyped by Nolan's films, I believe there are hints in here that he has pulled off what we all thought was impossible - making a movie to even top The Dark Knight. There's even a few shots of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman (with pointy ears - which will be a huge discussion point for many), some shots of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and of course Tom Hardy as Bane, who speaks (in this prologue) using a distorted, digitized voice-box through his mask. My only complaint has to do with his voice, I couldn't understand some of what Bane was saying, it seemed mixed wrong, but either that's part of it or just the first pass. Besides that though, I loved it, every second, and I'm about ready to get back into full-on TDKR hype mode all the way until next July.

Finally, because I know this will be asked, how does this compare to The Dark Knight's opening Joker bank robbing prologue? My first impression is that I still like TDK's just a bit more. There's something about it, with Joker and how brilliant the robbery setup is, and while this one comes close it just can't top it. That said, once I see this one four or five more times, I might change my mind. The Dark Knight Rises prologue is playing select IMAX theaters starting December 16th. This is a cinematic experience you cannot miss!

Just watched the prologue. Tom Hardy as Bane is just perfect he fucking sells it. The man is a beast. It was hard to understand him in the video as it wasnt the best quality but I had no problems understanding him in the high quality audio file I heard earlier.

New trailer sometime over the next few days aswell.