NEurope
Retro_Link

The Dark Knight Rises (Spoilers inside, enter at own risk)

WOOT thanks,

That reminds me there was no Batman trailer when I went to see Potter yesterday, just a bunch of films I had no interest in, Footloose and something with the wolf guy from Twilight that every girl/woman in the cinema nearly screamed for thinking it was a Twilight trailer...followed by confusion when they realised it wasn't haha...

EDIT:

Just watched the trailer...

"The Epic Conclusion"

Oh fuck sake why did they put that in there... if was those 3 words in the Potter trailer that put my expections too high to be fullfilled... stupid Warner Bros. recycling trailer phrases

At the end of that trailer there is someone standing in the background behind Batman.

At the end of that trailer there is someone standing in the background behind Batman.

I think you'll find that it's a crew member, reflected in a mirrored surface. Bit of a glaring error considering the importance of this trailer, but then it is only a teaser trailer.

That trailer was awful. I'm assuming the guy with the mask on is Bane. Looks pretty poor character design. Very disappointed considering the quality of the previous two films. I hope the next trailer actually makes this look like the epic conclusion it's billed as.

Trailers are shiteous, get over it. We're all going to go see this film, as are the rest of the universe. They don't need to convince anyone to go. It has a split-second of Bane/Batman looking tired. That's all they need to show to send fans into a tizzy. Done.

Trailers are shiteous, get over it. We're all going to go see this film, as are the rest of the universe. They don't need to convince anyone to go. It has a split-second of Bane/Batman looking tired. That's all they need to show to send fans into a tizzy. Done.

If I didn't know that was Bane, I wouldn't have had a clue who it was, just some generic looking criminal trying to be mean with a dodgy mask.

Am I the only one who liked the trailer then?

I liked it.

I liked it.

seconded!

Same can be said for Spiderman and Avengers trailers.

Next summer is going to be fucking incredible!

It's pretty obvious that WB turned around to Nolan and said, "We need a teaser to tie in with the Harry Potter release.... You have 3 days".

if you hear carefully, you can hear at the end "matalo matalo bane"

that means Kill him kill him bane in Spanish.

if you hear carefully, you can hear at the end "matalo matalo bane"

that means Kill him kill him bane in Spanish.

I think it's mata mata, not matalo.

Mata mata, bane bane, mata mata, bane bane, mata mata.

Which makes more sense since it's probably from when he escapes the prison and other inmates are probably chanting it!

Bane's Full Costume Revealed

Bane has traded in his rather S&M-looking duds from the comics for a wool-lined overcoat.

A bevy of photos from the Pittsburgh area set of The Dark Knight Rises have cropped up online via Latino Review, Batman-News, Just Jared, and Wick Photography.

The photos, snapped today from the Carnegie Mellon University Software Engineering Institute location, show Tom Hardy in full costume as Bane.

Multiple Tumblers were photographed on the set, painted in the Batmobile's original camouflage color from its introduction in Batman Begins. Extras were dressed as prison security guards, soldiers or perhaps private military contractors. Does Bane have his own private army? Has the security situation in Gotham City gotten so bad they need to hire mercs?

bane-TDKR-pitts-set5_1312079298.jpg

bane-TDKR-pitts-set4_1312079141.jpg

Other new set photos show Gary Oldman as Commissioner Jim Gordon and give us our first look at Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate. According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Lawrenceville set Friday doubled as "the home of a Gotham City judge, played by Brett Cullen." Even though it was hot and rainy in Pittsburgh, the set had been converted into a wintertime scene with wind machines there to create the impression of a storm.

cotillard-tate-TDKR-pitts1_1312078376.jpg

oldman-TDKR-pitts-set1_1312079678.jpg

The paper says "Gordon ran up the house's steps in take after take to alert the judge to dirty dealings and increasing violence in Gotham. Well-meaning Wayne Enterprises board member Miranda Tate, played by Marion Cotillard, came to the judge's house in a scene with Commissioner Gordon and Detective Jim Blake, played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt." (Blake was announced as "John" not "Jim" so the paper could be mistaken.)

The set photos suggest a lot of epic awesomeness is in store in The Dark Knight Rises. But will you be able to accept Bane's sheepskin coat? Sound off in the Comments below!

UPDATED: Coming Soon has posted these two new set videos.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=80500

Warning: They are slightly SPOILERISH.

Source - IGN

It's funny when characters like Bane and Venom are adapted to film and they can't really be as massive as they are in the comics. Bane looks shorter than Batman here.

I'd rather that than they try and make him out of cgi...

batman497.jpg

It's funny when characters like Bane and Venom are adapted to film and they can't really be as massive as they are in the comics. Bane looks shorter than Batman here.

Maybe not, but Venom was a totally half-arsed effort.

It's a million times better than this...

If you remove the coloured skin, then no.

Looking at that picture of the new Bane reminds me of Rourke in Iron Man 2. A fat old man trying to look menacing. With a really shitty mask.

Don't agree.

We don't know the character/backstory/setting Nolan has created for this Bane yet, how in his universe he came about, or what point/stage of the story that still is from. He looks like he could be quite military in that picture.

Bane doesn't have to resemble exactly how he looks in the comics, as long as the character is there. Nolans Joker was far more violent, Two-Face far more grounded than in the other films... It's good Nolans doing something different with the character, why would you want the same again?

The signs/Nolans universe points towards this Bane being set up as an equal to Batman, someone who will have recieved the same level of combat training... not someone who comes on screen and immediately appears to have an advantage... because that way it becomes more than just a battle of brawn, and the relationship can take more dimensions. Someone will have to go that bit further, to out-smart the other, intelligence, cunning etc...

It's a FAR more exciting prospect!

Edited by Retro_Link