NEurope
Retro_Link

The Dark Knight Rises (Spoilers inside, enter at own risk)

Not that they really spoilt anything in particular for me... but IGN are fucking bastards for using slight spoiler images and subtitles on their movie page!

Jesus fucking Christ I thought you meant Michael Caine then.

Errr...not that...this isn't...equally tragic...

Jesus fucking Christ I thought you meant Michael Caine then.

Errr...not that...this isn't...equally tragic...

Yes, exactly because this isn't equally as tragic - to us at least.

Sunjata Joins Dark Knight Rises?

Rumor has it that Rescue Me and Grey's Anatomy actor Daniel Sunjata has been cast in The Dark Knight Rises.

/Film points out an entry at The Tracking Board that claims Sunjata will play an "important character to the story." We hadn't heard back from either Sunjata's reps or Warner Bros. at time of publish; we'll update this story if/when they respond.

sunjata-hardback_1302644628.jpg

Could Daniel Sunjata play a GCPD cop like Mackenzie Bock?

So, let's assume for a moment that Sunjata, 39, is in the film, who might be play? Here are some guesses, and they're all Gotham City Police Department characters: Mackenzie "Hardback" Bock, an avid reader who ran the GCPD's organized crime unit; Detective Crispus Allen, one of the lead characters in the comic Gotham Central who tolerated Batman as a necessity, but didn't particularly like him; Michael Akins also didn't care for the GCPD's reliance on Batman, and was an idealist who became police commissioner after Gordon retired. Perhaps Sunjata's character, if he's a good guy, is a composite of all these characters.

Update: Variety is confirming that Sunjata is in "early talks" for the role, adding that he will play a "courageous special forces operative." Additionally, Diego Klattenhoff has been offered the part of "a rookie cop who is looking to make a difference" and Burn Gorman is also under consideration for a supporting role.

Sci-fi fans will recall Gorman played Owen Harper on Torchwood. Klattenhoff has recently appeared in shows like 24 and Mercy, and he also has the new Showtime series Homeland coming up (which, the trade points out, could cause a scheduling conflict with Dark Knight Rises).

Source - IGN

Dark Knight Rises Roles Revealed

Warner Bros. has officially announced that long-rumored cast members Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard are indeed in The Dark Knight Rises and revealed who they are playing. And it's not who you think.

The studio said "Cotillard will appear as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father's philanthropic endeavors for Gotham. Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon."

Since we know a young Ra's Al Ghul will be in the movie (played by Josh Pence) and that rumors have swirled for months that Cotillard would play Talia Al Ghul, could "Miranda Tate" simply be her own form of "theatricality and deception" a la her dad's alias of Henri Ducard? We shall see.

Alas, Gordon-Levitt isn't playing Alberto Falcone, Riddler, Robin or any of the other existing DC characters that have been rumored. Most likely, Blake is an amalgam of a number of GCPD cops from the comics who have served in the Major Crimes Unit.

TDKR reunites Cotillard and Gordon-Levitt with their Inception director, Christopher Nolan.

The director said in a press statement, "When you collaborate with people as talented as Marion and Joe, it comes as no surprise that you would want to repeat the experience. I immediately thought of them for the roles of Miranda and Blake, and I am looking forward to working with both of them again."

Christian Bale returns as Bruce Wayne/Batman with Anne Hathaway cast as Selina Kyle and Tom Hardy as Bane.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/116/1162748p1.html

Marion <3

Levitt is eh, but good/fine. I'm in two minds over directors who use the same people over and over though.

Marion <3

Levitt is eh, but good/fine. I'm in two minds over directors who use the same people over and over though.

tumblr_lj9dy5e1Sj1qfikcmo1_500.jpg

How dare you say that about the king of derps?

But in terms of the other point Whedon said something about repeatedly using actors when he announced Denisof would be in S2 of Dollhouse. Something along the lines of: "I know he works well and at this point that's what I want; I want someone who I know will deliver".

Probably massively paraphrased but the idea is there.

I'm not sure what to make of it, I wish we could see more of the face/mask, because I can't really tell what the style is from that... the way the lights shining off it, all I keep seeing are Predator like mandibles!

What do we read from the tiny element of light? Is it the moon/Is he locked up somewhere/Is he sat waiting in the Batcave?

It's not really what I had imagined... though it was always difficult to guess... but I'm still really excited for this/the potential of this! :D

I really should go watch that movie. and make the above image into my wallpaper.

:love: Anne Hathaway. It's good to see her in something less family-friendly.

Which I'm going to appreciate, but I'm more of an

, which is why I love that particular screencap so much :D.

Oh dude, if you're an assman then there is some....AMAZING ass shots in Love and Other Drugs.

One where she is lying on the bed, with her ass as far in the air as possible. View straight down the "hills of bountiful plenty" as they say.

As awesome as Anne Hathaways BEEhind/boobz are... does anyone else have an opinion on Bane?

Im reserving judgement until later. Its not the best image to really form an opinion from yet.

well i have more, of that set, but thats the only non nude one lol, so photobucket won't like it, neither will this site i believe

Just google her you'll see lots of nice images

Eventhough I have a softspot for Anna Hathaway in particular (and to slightly lesser extent, Marion Cotillard), I simply love everyone in the cast so far. As actors, not just their looks, I genuinely think Anna is great, after seeing her in Rachel getting married. Christian Bale is maybe one of my favourite male actors ever, Levitt was great in 500 days of summer (I should see some of his other movies), Hardy was absolutely fantastic in Bronson. This really was one of my favourite movies on that particular festival I saw it on (if not, my most favorite). And Cotillard is also great in every movie I've seen her in (thinking of rewatching Un long dimanche de fiancailles in the short term).

Regarding the cast, this movie already can't get any better. Nolan being great as well as a director, and if the previous movies are going to be an indication, this is going to be a blast.

I simply hope he'll refrain from going too "comicy", I love the "realistic" feel of the movies, and this is the only flaw I can find in the 2nd movie: I personally thought 2-face's.. Face, could be handled better (I was expecting more realistic looking burnwounds), and of course the ending with all the telephones.

Anyway, all in all, I'm greatly anticipating this movie, eventhough I'm not particularly a comicfan. And not because of the eyecandy either, although that always helps, but this movie is simply going to be great.

Edited by Sméagol

I absolutely love that Bane shot. The mystery is pitched perfectly, it almost makes me never want to find out more (in a good way, testament to the effectiveness of the image).

Yes i will be a bit sad when more of him is revealed. :(

Dont think it really needs its own thread so i'll post this here.

Batman Live Trailer:

Wait, is it a show? I thought it was gonna be a walk-through animatronic thing or something...the video gives no indication either way. Unles it's just watching life-like models do nothing on stage.

(yes @ Poison Ivy)