NEurope
Retro_Link

The Dark Knight Rises (Spoilers inside, enter at own risk)

You can make any character look crap with that style of drawing.

Of course you can, it was only a joke

Robin_Tim_Drake_0003.jpg

I wonder if we'll ever see the character on the big screen again. They'll probably never go for a 12 year old Robin and christ not a Chris "I like to rinse my clothes with kicks and shit" O'Donnell version. Maybe something in the middle.

They should just do a Hit Girl-esque Damien Wayne. Little shit. He rocks.

I don't think the issue with Robin is not being able to fit him into the "Nolan Gotham". I'm sure it's very possible (with teh right Writers) to create a believable Robin that wouldn't seem out of place in this current movie incarnation of Gotham City.

I think the main issue would be that I think (and maybe Nolan thinks?) that the Bruce Wayne as portrayed by Bale doesn't really seem to be the kind of person to "take in a stray" and have a sidekick living with him (and Alfred).

I'm sure they could create a modern costume for the character that "fits" the world they created no problem. But making the relationship between Batman and Robin believable with Bales Batman seems to me to be a hard one to get around

Forgetting for a minute that you guys enjoy the movies. Do you actually like Bruce Wayne or Batman in these movies?

I thought Bruce was good in Begins but didn't care about him in Dark Knight and Batman in both for me has had no character.

Love both characters in both films especially in Begins. Easily imo the best version of the characters in film. Batman especially in Begins is fooking badass.

Pretty much every scene with Batman in Begins is awesome imo.

Edited by bryanee

I hate how Bruce is portrayed by Nolan. It's one of my biggest gripes along with how poorly Gotham is portrayed in TDK. Wayne isn't some douche playboy.

Forgetting for a minute that you guys enjoy the movies. Do you actually like Bruce Wayne or Batman in these movies?

I thought Bruce was good in Begins but didn't care about him in Dark Knight and Batman in both for me has had no character.

I hate how Bruce is portrayed by Nolan. It's one of my biggest gripes along with how poorly Gotham is portrayed in TDK. Wayne isn't some douche playboy.

Pretty much what Daft said. Bruce was alright in Begins, but he was so forgettable in The Dark Knight. Actually, Bale's/Nolan's Batman himself is pretty crap, too. Heath Ledger's joker carried the film for me.

Wayne acted like a douchey playboy in the comics alot when in public. I've never had that issue with the movies.

Whenever I've seen Wayne in the comics he's been an shrewd business man, not taking any shit and and generally being built like a brick wall. In fact I can't recall him being anything but.

arkham_city_robin_colored_v_2_by_qbatmanp-d3jklya.jpg

Another wank Robin design, "modern", but still shitty. It looks like that bloke from Prison Break in a six year old's fancy dress cape.

Looks like they're doing a cross between Knightfall and No Mans Land stories.

Also, I just couldnt be less excited for this movie. Nothing I have seen for it makes me interested.

Also also. Bale's Batman voice is still fucking terrible.

This trailer has really reminded me why I like these films. The trailers for the Avengers and Spider-man are the ones that do nothing for me.

I think this looks Batastic!

Er...Bane's "Your punishment must be more severe" made him sound like a 1900 Viennese gentleman.

Also, I just couldnt be less excited for this movie. Nothing I have seen for it makes me interested.

I couldn't be more opposite. :heh:

This film looks amazing, i might even shell out to go and see it in imax. I'm more hyped for this film than the Avengers and Spiderman.

Er...Bane's "Your punishment must be more severe" made him sound like a 1900 Viennese gentleman.

This is true. It seemed as though he should have ended it with 'Muttley!' in a Dick Dastardly manner. Still, at least we understood what Bane said...

Movie of the fucking year this.

I cant wait any longer.

I'm guessing from that trailer that Gotham is just going to be a normal-looking city again. Shame.