NEurope
Retro_Link

The Dark Knight Rises (Spoilers inside, enter at own risk)

Well, if you're comparing with Routh/Singer's portrayal from Superman Returns then that's something they definitely do seem to have done. Anyway, we have a thread for that.

I've just seen the first IMAX showing in Sheffield for Batman is at 5am. Ever so slightly tempted, but I don't think I could convince the missus :heh:

Sneak out, and go back home about 8:30AM and sneak back into bed.

Amazingly, my local cinema has only three times for this on release day. So they'll only be using the one screen for it. It's gonna be rammed.

And no, it's not an IMAX one.

I am pumped up for this movie.

WOOOO.

I'm listening to the soundtrack and oh my god.

If you haven't already and you're planning to go to a popular cinema, you might want to get your tickets booked for this.

Most times on the first day on the IMAX screen in Sheff are sold out, only 05:00 and 08:30 are left. The most popular time (19:30) is already taken on the Saturday too.

Sneak out, and go back home about 8:30AM and sneak back into bed.

I did actually consider booking 5am and putting all the clocks back 3½ hours.

Edited by Shorty

I left it quite late to book my tickets for Friday night, managed to get 2 VIP seats for the 10:40pm showing at Vue. Pretty happy to get VIP, Guaranteed seats in a decent position.

My local cinema has only just put up screen times for this on Friday. 9am is the earliest they're screening, while 7.40pm is the latest which is pretty crap. Still, most likely head down tomorrow and try and get tickets booked for 12.30 and hope they're screening it in the room with sofas rather than standard seats :D

If you're a neogaf user dont go in the Dark knight Rises OT. May or may not be huge spoilers.

I am about ready to choke a cunt.

edit - avoid every gaf thread for now.

Edited by bryanee

I think we need to call Liam Neeson

AyFXam-CQAA2ITh.jpg

I think we need to call Liam Neeson

I ain't phoning Liam Neeson!!!

Before anyone gets too excited for this movie, just remember that it will always pale in comparison to this.

Damnit, I got to one day from the movie before seeing the first very minor spoiler which I think bothers me more than anything else I've read so far. Someone 'liked' Dark Knight Rises on Facebook and a little synopsis of the film appeared. Just one short sentence but it told me one key thing I didn't know!

That this movie takes place 8 years after the last one.

So excited about tonight. Batman Begins and The Dark Knight back to back at the cinema. Never saw Batman Begins on the big screen, so that should be nice.

I hope this is in the film too

So excited now - day off tomorrow. Going for breakfast at Frankie and Benny's, then will be watching this about 11ish. :bouncy:

Damnit, I got to one day from the movie before seeing the first very minor spoiler which I think bothers me more than anything else I've read so far. Someone 'liked' Dark Knight Rises on Facebook and a little synopsis of the film appeared. Just one short sentence but it told me one key thing I didn't know!

That this movie takes place 8 years after the last one.

I thought that one was common knowledge.

Man just one more sleep left. 1pm tomorow baby, I'm excited.

My God! Are they supposed to be real mice in the movie? And that was extremely quick that Robin and Batgirl got that tune!

I'll be sitting down to watch this in 11 hours :D currently rewatching The Dark Knight on Blu-ray, complete with format-shifting and temperemantal volume. This film was really meant to be seen on a big screen! Still awesome though :)

I'm going to a friend's tomorrow at 10am to see the first two again on bluray before the 4.30pm showing. Underwear will be wetted.

Today feels just like Christmas morning. :yay::yay:

Though without the impending feeling of crushing disappointment.

Why did I leave it so late to book tickets, My showing is at 10:40pm tonight :( As if today at work wasn't going to be long enough, I've still got 5+ Hours after work I've got to kill & Internet to avoid before seeing it.

Radio 1 yesterday at 4:30 till about 5:15 was just Nick Grimshaw taking about it with Ferne Cotten and the film reviewer Rhianna, and they kept saying things like "Oh and that bit when Michael Cane did blah blah" I had to just change over, I want no spoilers what so ever.

Heck of a queue considering we got here an hour before the screen opens! Film starts in 22 mins :D

Heck of a queue considering we got here an hour before the screen opens! Film starts in 22 mins :D

You Stay the hell away from this thread after you've seen it... :heh:

Really enjoyed watching both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight yesterday. That opening scene at the bank in the Dark Knight is just so brilliantly done.

The performances of the villains are outstanding in both films. Liam Neeson really nailed his role, and we all know about how Heath Ledger made the Joker into something different and unique. I am convinced that we will be talking about his performance for decades to come.

One thing which I paid more attention to this time (which you sometimes don't really take in on a home viewing) is the music. It really is spectacular in places, sets the tone nicely and adds to the film's moody atmosphere. I was almost on my feet cheering at the end of The Dark Knight.

For a long time, I was convinced that Batman Begins was the better film, but yesterday was probably the first time where I thought the tide has turned and The Dark Knight nailed it. Both films are excellent. I really can't wait to see Rises. So excited.